• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Official Game Day Thread - Week 9 - 2018: Redskins v Falcons

Who Wins on Sunday?

• Good guys

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Dirty Birdies

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • With all their injuries I nearly feel sorry for the Falcons. But only nearly...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
We finally get to see what happens when our offense and defense show up in the same game.

Redskins 37
Falcons 13

I think we win but it's close, 27-24, all about ball control, we'll own the time of possession, with 38 plus minutes

It's stating the obvious to say that this is on the offense.

While our Defence is solid (better than solid!) if our offense can't stay on the field and give them some rest I could see a scenario in which the game is close early but then starts to get out of hand as our Defence tires. I think in some respects that's the underrated downside of our offense not clicking.

We were fortunate on Sunday, the Giants were hapless offensively allowing us to control ToP, even though our Offense wasn't firing on all cylinders.

The only other high octane offense we went up against was the Saints... and it shows in the ToP in that game.

Atlanta are averaging 27pts per game, a TD short of the Saints average, but a TD more than ours. Even if we can't score prolifically, our Offense has got to sustain time eating drives to keep them off the field and limit their opportunities. And when they are on the field our D can take care of business.

I'm hoping our Offense shows up a bit and does the job.

I'm thinking of another win, but something like 24-20

Actually, the offense we've faced that is the most comparable to Atlanta's is Green Bay. The Falcons are 7th in yards and 11th in points, while the Packers are 5th and 13th, respectively.

But the Packers have a much, much better defense than the Falcons.

We had our best day offensively against the Packers, and it's fair to say 31 points is an outlier for us this season, and not likely to happen next week. Still, we held the Packers to 17 points, their season low. And that is not an outlier for us. Hopefully we keep the Falcons to about 17-20 points as well. I think our offense should be able to put up more than that against such a bad defense.

I don't want to get into a shootout, though. That's not really in our wheelhouse.

Luckily, we get them at home. Ryan is not as amazing away from ATL:
http://www.nfl.com/player/mattryan/310/situationalstats

They have a ton of weapons though, and will probably get a couple of over-the-top big plays. But, Ryan has been sacked 20 times already. I don't think they will light us up.

Offense certainly needs to their part, and punch it in more often, not settling for FGs.

Enforcer nailed it, seems to me. We've been pretty effective with our ball-control offensive right up until we hit the red zone. We've just been struggling to punch it in, settling for too many FG's. Combine that with the passing offense being confined to short, possession-type passes while Alex and the receivers try to get on the same page, resulting in very few home-run TD plays, and this one comes down to whether or not our offense can cash in on red zone opportunities.

Can't see us beating the Falcons with less than three TD's, so unless the defense or special teams provides one, we're going to need to see a relative explosion from the Jay-and-Alex-and-Adrian Show.

I'm not sold on Alex Smith. If, at the halfway point of the season, he hasn't 'gelled' with his receivers by now, he never will.

The defence is ranked at #5 . In what? Not the NFL! Any team that allows the opposition to march the length of the field should NEVER be ranked in the top 10!

Finally, the game plan seems to be a maximum of three yards for the first play, penalty for the next, dropped pass by Doctson, pass with fewer yards to get first down, punt. Rinse and repeat.

Jay once again has failed to have the team ready to play. Any wins we've accrued thus far have been the defense pulling the load in spite of his coaching.

They've got 2 penalties for 10 yards and we have 8 for 80? Seems legit

May as well put Colt in,,,,,like HC proclaimed "at this point, what difference does it make?"

Critical third downs and Jordan Reed is on the bench.

So much for Reed being a critical piece to the offense.

Is the ff thread Deleted?

I had Ryan & Julio put high points up. A game in which I was hoping Boone's team kicked the shit out of mine.

FFS I don't even know what to say about the skins anymore.

Is the ff thread Deleted?

I had Ryan & Julio put high points up. A game in which I was hoping Boone's team kicked the shit out of mine.

FFS I don't even know what to say about the skins anymore.

No - think it got 'unstickied' but it's back at the top of the forum list now.

When does a team ever convert their first eight 3rd downs? I can give the offense a mulligan considering 4/5th of the OL was injured and we knew going in they weren't going to put up a ton of points, but how does the defense play that badly? If we'd lost 21-17 or something that would be one thing. This wasn't that kind of loss.

5-3 isn't the end of the world but, man, this team can't ever just be a consistently good team for an entire season. It's like we're allergic to it.

I am surprised at how poorly gruden has worked with smith. I know we lost 2 very good receivers, recently but our rec core isnt the worst in the league. Smiths skillset fits grudens system better than cousins did so that makes me wonder why the lack of success.

I am surprised at how poorly gruden has worked with smith. I know we lost 2 very good receivers, recently but our rec core isnt the worst in the league. Smiths skillset fits grudens system better than cousins did so that makes me wonder why the lack of success.

Lack of weapons.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.