• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Today’s Inactives

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
ANNOUNCEMENT OF INACTIVES

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. – The Washington Redskins have announced the following inactives and lineup change for today's game against the New York Giants:

The Redskins declared the following players as inactive:
o No. 23 CB Quinton Dunbar
o No. 32 RB Samaje Perine
o No. 48 DB Kenny Ladler
o No. 55 C Casey Dunn
o No. 74 T Geron Christian Sr.
o No. 80 WR Jamison Crowder
o No. 83 WR Brian Quick

No. 31 Fabian Moreau is expected to start in place of No. 23 Quinton Dunbar at cornerback

No. 13 Maurice Harris is expected to start in place of No. 80 Jamison Crowder at wide receiver

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's going to be really interesting to me to see what the offense looks like with Trey Quinn back on the field for the Atlanta game.

He's a true slot receiver, almost born for that role in the NFL.

If having a healthy Quinn who has good hands at his disposal does not help Alex Smith improve his stats especially in re third down conversions and red zone (freeing up Reed and Davis) then that's further evidence our real problem could be at QB.

I think we can all see Smith struggling at times (although he HAS made some plays in almost every game - folks act like he hasn't completed a pass or kept drives moving with good plays at times). I don't believe there's any basis to believe he can't make the throws and have good offensive #'s. He's always been a more cautious QB, but that's not necessarily a bad thing - he rarely turns the ball over which is something we couldn't say about Cousins. But he's clearly not comfortable - whether its the offense overall, the playcalling, or not being in sync with his offensive teammates - hard to know what's driving it.

What I don't expect is for it to continue. Whether because we get some guys back, or because the offense starts to gel with more time together, I expect them to work it out at some point. Smith has had good production as a QB for his entire career.

I think Quinn injects immediate energy into the passing game. Can't wait to see him out there. I just hope when he does come back he is truly healthy.

8 weeks for an ankle seems like enough time unless there is some other underlying injury.

Are we talking about Trey Quinn, the seventh round pick who has had two catches in his entire career? That Trey Quinn?

Yeah, no.

Upon his return, expect him to come in and have a catch or two a game for 10-20 yards. Any more than that out of the gate and the Redskins have just made one of the most brilliant draft picks in the history of drafting Wide Receivers, which, if I know anything about the Redskins and their ability to recognize WR talent in the draft, is extremely unlikely.

We may have a real problem at QB or we may not, but Quinn's return isn't going to tell us a blessed thing.

I don't know what it would tell us, but I think Quinn is absolutely a hidden gem. And yeah, there's zero evidence to support that - because he's played a few minutes of a live NFL game. But both he and Cam Sims showed signs of being electric and energizing young WRs. I am a lot more excited to see what he can do than you are :)

John Keim loves Quinn for what it's worth.

He says that he was "born to play the slot."

So is there a late round player we drafted that isn't destined to make an immediate impact or are they all just going to be super-awesome? [emoji846]

Cmon Henry, you're old enough to remember when the draft was 12 rounds, and it wasn't uncommon to find talent in rounds 8 through 12.
We've also found a few good players that went totally undrafted.
So, why should it be so far-fetched that a couple 7th rounders would turn into something special :)

I can only speak for myself, and I wasn't one of the guys gushing about Sultan McCullough. I think both Quinn and Sims are seriously talented - and both made the roster. That alone sets them apart from most fan crushes.

Cmon Henry, you're old enough to remember when the draft was 12 rounds, and it wasn't uncommon to find talent in rounds 8 through 12.
We've also found a few good players that went totally undrafted.
So, why should it be so far-fetched that a couple 7th rounders would turn into something special :)

Hey, I haven't been watching a lot of football lately. I didn't watch any of the pre-season. I'm sure you all saw some greatness in the these guys during some fourth quarters that I didn't see that lead you to believe that a bunch of seventh rounders are going to take the league by storm during their first season with the team. You all have more visual evidence than I do, so that's a conceit.

However, I have followed the league in one way or another for 40 years, so I have a pretty big sample size to draw upon when looking at the Law of Averages, and the simple fact is later round picks, on average, don't become immediate difference-makers. In fact, it's almost never. It's even less likely when talking about WRs. Even first round picks often take a year or two before playing up to their potential.

Is it possible, one or two or all three of these guys are immediate impact players? Sure. Anything is possible.

Is it likely that the presence of a seventh round slot receiver will suddenly, radically, change the dynamic of an offense halfway through a season? No. Not at all.

It's more likely, in my opinion, that Crowder's return might show us something. Our team's passing yards dropped dramatically when he went out. Also, we know he can play in this league. Holding our breath for the unveiling of a bunch of seventh-rounders ... that's a recipe for disappointment, if you ask me.

Hey, I haven't been watching a lot of football lately. I didn't watch any of the pre-season. I'm sure you all saw some greatness in the these guys during some fourth quarters that I didn't see that lead you to believe that a bunch of seventh rounders are going to take the league by storm during their first season with the team. You all have more visual evidence than I do, so that's a conceit.
I agree with you, but both Quinn and Simms got significant time with 1st and 2nd teams. They both impressed enough that Simms came into the season a starter, I believe.

I am not sure they are movers and shakers, but they looked like the best we had behind Crowder.

I agree with you, but both Quinn and Simms got significant time with 1st and 2nd teams. They both impressed enough that Simms came into the season a starter, I believe.

I am not sure they are movers and shakers, but they looked like the best we had behind Crowder.

Well, that's good to know. I think we can at least all agree that the healthier the WR corps is, the better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.