• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Official Game Day Thread: Redskins at Giants 2018

Who Wins on Sunday?

• Good guys

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Rebuilders

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • The dreaded tie rears its ugly head

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm going contrarian this week. I think this game is a turning point game. Our D is going to put Manning on the deck early and often. Alex Smith is going to respond to the at times, ridiculously harsh criticism, and open things up on offense. He'll score one with his feet, and finally connect with Josh Doctson for 2 scores. For the 2nd week in a row, the defense will score.

Skins win big to go to 5-2.

As usual, I do not share your enthusiasm. You can call me Eyore if you'd like.

I think we lose this one. Eli gets another week to prove himself and we're in his path to do so like so many times before. It's the same catch game we've lost a lot over the past 2 decades, I just don't see much different than in year's past to think we can get over it.

And before you go after me for making that statement...I am going to simply say, The Indianapolis Colts. Are we that much better now than we were when we played them?

First of all, you have always given as good as you get, so I'll promise not to get my feelings hurt if you will :) If I disagree with someone, I'm going to say so, just like you do. If I have 'come after' anyone, my apologies. I respect everyone here.

I'm surprised you think you're making a radical, controversial prediction. That's pretty much the expectation any rational Skins fan would have - myself included most years. The difference (for me) is - the key players here have no history of folding to inferior Giant teams. Not Smith, not AP, and not the key defenders.

It's fair to trot out the Colts game as evidence this team 'can't be counted on'. There's no way we should've lost that game. My only counter is that every NFL team has inexplicable losses. It's a week-to-week league, and sometimes matchups and styles make a big difference too. The Colts loss means nothing more or less than does the Green Bay win.

Bottom line - I totally get the cynicism. But I think the biggest game of our season so far was the humiliating loss to the Saints. I think our guys (especially our defense) were sincerely embarrassed by that performance and I've seen a ton of effort since that game.

Bottom line - I totally get the cynicism. But I think the biggest game of our season so far was the humiliating loss to the Saints. I think our guys (especially our defense) were sincerely embarrassed by that performance and I've seen a ton of effort since that game.

First let me say, by "come after me" I wasn't really concerned about a true attack, just healthy discourse lamenting my pessimism.

As for the rest, I am far more disappointed by the Colts loss than the Saints. The Saints are the better team right now, who knows if we can mature enough to turn that around. However, that night the stars were in full alignment for Drew Brees to break the record...we stood little chance, especially with the terrible officiating that had the refs in the pocket for Brees.

First let me say, by "come after me" I wasn't really concerned about a true attack, just healthy discourse lamenting my pessimism.

As for the rest, I am far more disappointed by the Colts loss than the Saints. The Saints are the better team right now, who knows if we can mature enough to turn that around. However, that night the stars were in full alignment for Drew Brees to break the record...we stood little chance, especially with the terrible officiating that had the refs in the pocket for Brees.

On a good day, we can beat the Saints. But yeah - they're looking like one of the top contenders this year. Losing to the Colts was devastating. It took me weeks to get over it.

Dude - I'm glad you're here, I'm glad you're vocal, and I'm glad even when you disagree. There'd be little point in this place if we all sang nothing but Kumbayah ... I'm like you. I can be way too intense at times. I recently went off on @Bulldog and I hope he recognizes I'm just expressing my passionate belief - not attacking him. We are all invested and emotionally tied to this team. If we weren't, we wouldn't be here. Glad you, Bulldog, and everyone else I love in these parts is here.

Redskins uncharacteristically smoke the G-Men in NY.

Redskins 38
Giants 10

Brother El leads us all in an inspiring rendition of.................................….Kumbaya!

I agree with B, that expecting a loss isn't exactly going against the grain these days.

I, too, have a bad feeling about this one. I really really want to expect a win, I just ... don't.

I really really hope I'm wrong.

NY has been a literal "House of Horrors" for this franchise over the years.

Wins in NY have been very rare and on the occasions we have won, they haven't been easy.

With that said, being Halloween is this week and the Redskins exorcised one demon in Dallas last week, maybe they perform another exorcism in NY on Sunday?

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/SSKNlqOgeY55S" width="480" height="480" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/absurdnoise-the-exorcist-SSKNlqOgeY55S">via GIPHY</a></p>

The power of Gibbs compels you!

No Cousin Kirk = No Loss

it wasn't the woeful D that did the team in against the Vagiants the last few years, it was KC1 going stupid at just the wrong times... or basically 120 minutes from two of the last three times playing them.

I wish I was confident, but I'm not. 25 years of losing this game year in and year out has taken a toll.

I picked us to win in pick'em, but that's my brain talking. I mean, I can analyze rosters and draw reasonable conclusions and all that, but I can't stop having that feeling that doing the same thing over and over and over again and expecting a different result just ain't right in the head.

Somebody hold me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If this team EVER plays a game up to it's potential and not down to shitty opponents then hell has frozen over. FFS the skins give their fans ulcers, high bp, ptsd all in one swoop. Or we all suffer from Stockholm Syndrome...

"...Stock·holm syn·drome
noun
feelings of trust or affection felt in certain cases of kidnapping or hostage-taking by a victim toward a captor...."

In their 5 (that's FIVE) wins this season, the Skins have lead in every one and never trailed. Skins fans freaking out is more about us than this team if we're being fair.

Didn't see the game but I'll take a W any way, shape, or how. What's aggravating as hell is Jay's offense not improving yet. We have a legit defense thank goodness or we'd be 2-5.

In their 5 (that's FIVE) wins this season, the Skins have lead in every one and never trailed. Skins fans freaking out is more about us than this team if we're being fair.

That because the Skins play really well in the first half and then the offense completely dissappears in second half. Peterson's TD in the fourth quarter was the first and only second-half offensive touchdown this season. Seven games in.

How many points the Skins scored in the third quarter this year? 6?

That's freak-out worthy, if you ask me.

That said, the defense is the real deal. The Redskins are officially good enough and consistent enough at something that they can win with it.

I have officially switched from neutral to cautiously optimistic. With this defense, every single game left on the schedule is winnable. So that's cool. [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of course that's all correct H.

On the plus side, while we have done almost nothing to *win* games in the 2nd half this year, we also have not committed mistakes. After today, it's likely we have the best turnover differential in the league. And it's the lack of mistakes that is allowing us to win close games repeatedly with sub-optimal offense.

Actually what's crazier is throughout every single game, win or lose, there has never been lead change by any team.

When win, we wiiiiin.
When we lose, we looooooooose.

Note to Gruden - with this team, it's of critical importance to be the first team to score.
It also helps to have a score or 2 in the 2nd half as well.

Every coach we've ever had here the last 20 yrs always tells us how lethal two legit TEs would be in the passing game.

Whether it was Cooley and Sleepy to now, Reed and V.Davis. And it never comes to fruition.

Why is that? You'd think with the history between Vernon and Alex plus adding Reed to that...with the trouble we seem to have at receiver...Jay could cobble something together with those two TEs.

To his credit, he finally called PA pass out of a run formation today and they had Richardson open. The problem was Alex was so far off on the damn throw...but it was there.

Gotta get better at that.

Good gritty win but we need more offense. Atlanta is next. Hope Jay figures something out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.