• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Skins Quotes 10/19/18: Jay Gruden

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
skinsquotes.png

October 19, 2018

Head Coach Jay Gruden

On injuries:
"Alrighty out will be Jamison Crowder, ankle. Doubtful will be [Paul] Richardson, shoulder-knee; [Troy] Apke, hamstring. Questionable will be [Danny] Johnson, forearm; [Shawn] Lauvao, calf; [Adrian] Peterson, shoulder-knee; [Chris] Thompson, rib-knee and [Quinton] Dunbar, shin."

On WR Jamison Crowder:
"You know, I don't know. I know he has the ankle and some guys will recover quicker than others. But for a slot, for him to change direction with confidence, we'll have to wait and see. He's going to be very diligent in his rehab and I would expect him to be back sooner than later. But still, it could take a little time."

On if he fears Crowder's recovery will take a few weeks:
"I don't ever have fear, John [ESPN Writer John Keim]. Just realistically, it could be…I don't know yet. I don't ever try to predict those things."

On WR Paul Richardson Jr.:
"I think he aggravated his knee a little bit. His knee was bothering him a little bit and then he aggravated it a little bit more. You know, he just hasn't had the ability to really come out of his cuts quite like he wants to right now. So, we're trying to give him a week here and we'll see how he runs tomorrow. He is doubtful. But I think the big thing for him longevity-wise for this season; I think we have to get to the bottom of what he has."

On how Richardson aggravated his knee:
"How did he aggravate it? I don't know, running or he fell on it. I don't know."

On if there were any structural problems with Richardson's knee when he saw the doctors:
"No, no. Just has a little swelling, a little irritation. We're just trying to find out how to relieve that irritation for him."

On RB Chris Thompson:
"He did very little today. I think with where he is with the injury, where it is on his knee and all that stuff, we still want to limit him. Get him in individual, do some cuts, some soft cuts and all that stuff and then get a good look at him pregame warmup, see where he's at."

On how much it matters to him for Thompson to practice this week:
"Yeah, it matters a lot, especially for his position, with all the things he has to do as far as running routes on linebackers or safeties or whatever it is and also pass protection and seeing the cuts he has to make. Fortunately, he's been here for a while so if there's a few guys on our team that can probably play effectively without practicing, I'd say he'd be one of them, but I'm sure he still would rather practice than not practice, but it's just where we are."

On if he saw enough for OL Shawn Lauvao to play on Sunday:
"Yeah, we're going to discuss that afterwards and see how he felt and see how he feels tomorrow, but he did a lot today which was a good sign. Still, we have to find out how he's feeling today and then tomorrow morning where he's at."

On DB Quinton Dunbar added to the injury report:
"Dunbar has got a little shin contusion and we're trying to get to the bottom of it. I think he'll be fine but we'll have to wait and see. We're going to get him checked out today and see what happens."

On moving DB Fabian Moreau out of the slot if Dunbar can't go:
"We are practicing Fabian exclusively in the slot. They are in a lot of 11 personnel and Cole Beasley [WR – Dallas Cowboys] is one of their better receivers so we'd like to leave Fabian in there, but he can also play outside. Obviously with Danny [Johnson] being questionable then [Greg] Stroman would have to be the other nickel and obviously Adonis [Alexander] would be another backup cornerback for us if Danny can't go."

On the severity of Dunbar's injury:
"I think it's just pain, we'll see. We'll get to the bottom of it here. We're going to have him get checked out here but I think knowing 'Dunny', he'll probably be alright, but we'll see."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey - it's just a division game against a huge rival - just throw some scrubs out there Jay. Maybe if you were a little more afraid we wouldnt get our asses kicked every other weekend.

This is the biggest game of the year so far and he talks like it's no big deal that half our playmakers won't be suited up. I'd play every one of them. This sure as hell wouldn't fly if it were 1983 - pretty damn sure Gibbs would have them all out there if they could walk...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it just me or does this team not want to play anyone who isn't 100%?

And why in the hell all of a sudden the Oline can't handle stunts and twists? It's not like those are new inventions by defenses.

Really looks bad on Callahan.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.