• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Skins Quotes 10/5/18: Jay Gruden

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
skinsquotes.png

October 5, 2018

Head Coach Jay Gruden

On injuries:
"Alrighty; no changes since yesterday. We got [Troy] Apke, hamstring; did not participate. [Josh] Doctson, heel; did not participate. [Shawn] Lauvao, calf; did not participate. And then Josh [Norman], Adrian [Peterson], Paul [Richardson Jr.], [Brandon] Scherff, Trent [Williams] were all limited and then the rest of the guys were full."

On substitutions if WR Josh Doctson can't play on Monday:
"[Jamison] Crowder knows all three [positions]. Maurice Harris is more than ready to go. [Brian] Quick is here. [Michael] Floyd is getting some reps at both X and Z and he's doing a good job."

On if WR Josh Doctson's heel is the same foot he injured in training camp:
"I don't know."

On WR Michael Floyd's progress:
"It's been good. You know, he hadn't got a ton of reps but I think more learning in the classroom than anything. He's trying to study. Originally, we had him coming in here to learn one position, but now with the injury to Josh possibly, we've had to have him learn both spots, so a lot of learning for him in the classroom. [Wide receiver coach] Ike [Hilliard] is doing an excellent job getting him ready. He looks good on the hoof out there."

On evaluating Floyd before signing him:
"Yeah, I did a lot of work on Floyd coming out. I went to a…I was at Cincinnati and I went to work him out at Notre Dame and really liked him. He's a big, strong, physical guy. He can run. He's great in the running game, man. He blocks, very physical, got a great demeanor about him. I've been anxious to get him. Once I saw that he was kind of floating around out there, we finally got a chance to work him out and signed him. He hasn't disappointed yet. "

On S Troy Apke and if there was an injury setback:
"Yeah, he just felt a little tightness in the hamstring, so we held him out."

On if Floyd is playing special teams:
"He's doing a little kickoff return, kickoff coverage."

On WR Josh Doctson's injury and his best guess on playing Monday:
"I don't know, honestly. We kept him in today with the trainers and we shall see tomorrow if he can do anything."

On if his mind has been changed about T Trent Williams's status since the surgery:
"No, I think Trent will be ready to go. Like I said last year, he played with a far worse painful injury than the bursa sac thing that he had. But, he is dealing with it and we will see. We will monitor him also. I just have great faith that he'll stick it out but time will tell."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.