• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Official Game Day Thread - Week 5: Redskins @ Saints

How do the Redskins fare against the Saints?

• Win

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Lose

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Who'dat we playing again?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
That Colts game was a s*** show of a performance, I expect better tonight but I still don't see us winning, especially not with the NFL on Primetime with Brees close to breaking the record, whats the over/under on flags against us in this game.

Boy did they make it obvious, too. That is why my enthusiasm wanes for the NFL more than anything else. 3rd down on their 6 or 7, Preston Smith is practically dragged to the ground, no call. Dunbar grabs, barely...doesn't even hold on, just grabs. 1st and goal when we held them.

I know they were the better team tonight, but that is what irks me most about the NFL. The night was about Brees, and the NFL did what they do...I would bet the house, the higher ups told them to give Brees the calls.

Last edited:
Some of them were just silly on the team's part.
Like the unnecessary roughness on Nicholson - it was like 10 minutes after the whistle blew. And he's standing right above a sacked Brees, so it's obvious the play was over. And it didn't look like the other player did anything to provoke it.

We basically saw everything that is wrong with the Redskins tonight. A coach that sleeps on his bye week instead of prepares. An old QB that showed why his former team was willing to give him up after a career year. An offensive line that couldn't block, and a defense that can't stop anyone and when they do, commit a penalty to keep the drive going.

After 4 games I still don't know what this team is. I don't know what to expect next week and I have no confidence they have the coach to turn this around. The same problems that existed his first year still exist this year. It's hard to expect the team to get better when the coach isn't.

We basically saw everything that is wrong with the Redskins tonight. A coach that sleeps on his bye week instead of prepares. An old QB that showed why his former team was willing to give him up after a career year. An offensive line that couldn't block, and a defense that can't stop anyone and when they do, commit a penalty to keep the drive going.

After 4 games I still don't know what this team is. I don't know what to expect next week and I have no confidence they have the coach to turn this around. The same problems that existed his first year still exist this year. It's hard to expect the team to get better when the coach isn't.

You should expect a loss. Nothing this team has done this far has provided us with any confidence we should beat a team led by Cam Newton who has dominated this team in all his starts against us.

After 50+ years I'm done. I'm tapping out. The NFL no longer has any allure for me. I've got so many better things to spend my valuable time on. Like watching my grass grow.

Let's be honest here, Kel.

We all know what this team is. We've got approximately 26 years worth of evidence to back it up too.

We are a team with no resiliency.

We are a team without direction or leadership at all levels throughout the organization.

We are a team that sits right there among the 5 or 6 worst in the league in the past twenty odd years or so.

We can't let wins against mediocre teams like Arizona and Green Bay fool us into believing that we are on the verge of something special. The New Orleans and Indy games confirmed that the problems that have always existed for this team are still there.

It gets more and more pathetic each year watching this team try to reclaim their former glory because to make matters worse, people are finally starting to turn their backs on the organization (and have every right to do so as well).

The offensive line is just straight offensive right now, we can't stop a stunt to save our lives, even if we had better wideouts Smith isn't getting the necessary time to throw the ball. We used to be at least somewhat efficient in pass pro while being marginal on the run, between the Indy and Saints games good grief, teams will just scheme against our lackluster play. I'm not ready to throw in the towel because I anticipated us losing, the lack of effort is concerning, that falls on the coaches. I can't fathom Gruden being here next season, but I don't expect a change during the season either.

Pretty much what I expected deep down inside. Typical Flat Gruden team coming out of the bye week, and a less then adequate game plan. Even the guys in the booth kept saying they showed no urgency when most coaches would have at least speed things up a bit, if not going no huddle. Just another Gruden prime time failure.... it gotten old.

I have confidence in Alex Smith, unlike what people said last night. He's not just some cast off, but you can't expect him to do much better then Cousins with the line not protecting him. The loss of AP killed us last night, and we seem to be screwed in that department.

My real problem is that I absolutely believe if we had fired Gruden and promoted McVay this team would be 4-0 right now.

After that sad assed performance Monday night, Gruden should have pulled a Shottenheimer and had them all out there Wednesday doing Oklahoma drills. Instead, he put them thru a no pad walk thru.

My real problem is that I absolutely believe if we had fired Gruden and promoted McVay this team would be 4-0 right now.

While I somewhat agree, it's also not reasonable to expect a team to fire their existing head coach who has had *some* success and hand the reins over to a subordinate. Just doesn't happen. Not sure Mcvay signs up for that deal either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shame-shame-shame-memeful-com-14049487.jpg

I would hire Vinny to walk around following Jay, the job would include bringing a bell and in costume! It's about the only way to ensure these piss poor outings stop.

I have to admit the "allure" is withering on the vine for me as well. Within 10 mins I had the usual "I've seen this before" moment - and promptly turned the idiot box off.

This team looked like rank amateurs. The coaches can't compete. The FO is a collection of self-stroking baffoons who have mismanaged the franchise for 26 years.

this Oline is not good, to be blunt roullier is a decent centre not a raymer but not a pro bowler. he is not a very good guard. Lauvao is an upgrade over him at guard, but thats damning with faint praise. Scherff hasnt been as good as we thought he would be. if he doesn't improve in the passing game, we are in trouble. I didn't really watch Moses, so I cant really speak to how he has been playing, seemed ok but not dominant. I was really focusing on roullier.

we need serious upgrades at G and possibly centre.

we need a real starting calibre receiver, possibly 2, Smith is solid when he has a decent Oline in front of him, its that simple.

on D, we need better secondary, at least one starting calibre linebacker and our Linemen need to either play to their talent level or we need to upgrade there too.

we are nowhere near as talented as some people seem to think

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.