• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

BGO Game Chat Today!

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
Join us today in BGO's Fed Ex Field Chatroom as the Redskins try to right the ship against the Aaron Rodgers lead Green Bay Packers. Who shows up today - Jeckyll? Or Hyde?

Om is bringing the Cheese Whiz.
Goaldeje is bringing the crackers.
Elephant is bringing the punch.
Anne the Fan is bringing her famous artichoke dip.
Canadian Hog is bringing the jalapeno poppers.
Trago is bringing his Grand Funk albums.

Be there. Or be square.

I'll bring the chilli!!

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/H45mhKCux5IaY" width="480" height="271" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/H45mhKCux5IaY">via GIPHY</a></p>

Well....maybe not......

Just hope Wilkerson is ok after the report that he was taken via ambulance to the hospital.

Box score reads like a good win. Jay may be learning, MAYBE

Question, is Doctson being blanketed by multiple defenders each game?

I think Doctson runs shitty routes, is slow, and can't get open.

But it's just a theory.

Good win today. Any win over the Packers is a good one.

That said :)

Gruden STILL only gives you one good half of offense a game. This week that was one hell of a good half, but still ... It would be great to see the offense adjust to the defensive adjustments.

Our WRs are a heated mess. As in a mess to which heat is then applied, so that what was once messy is now even messier. If we are going to win, it's going to be with solid running and TE play, and our WRs giving us two or three big catches. Fortunately, we got that this week.

Our DL looks like the real deal. We can (I think) hang our hats on that line, and win games with it. And it's very young. All good there.

We caught the Packers on their heels today. Poor Rodgers. Those were some VICIOUS drops. But I'll take it.

Lastly, that roughing the passer call on Matthews was just about the worst call I've ever seen. This is what is turning me off to this league. Calls like that. Either play football or don't. Stop pretending you care about the players at the expense of the game. That was awful.

That is all for now.

I think Doctson runs shitty routes, is slow, and can't get open.

But it's just a theory.

Gotcha. So is it safe to assume Sprinkle can be added to the mess as well?

Sprinkle is doing a great job blocking. I haven't seen him really get a chance at actually playing TE - so I'll reserve judgment.

On the Matthews call - the announcers kept saying 'he didn't drive him to the ground' - but my understanding is that the rule is written that you can't land with all or most of your weight on the QB. If that's the case, technically it was a good call, although I'll confess I'm not sure how you tackle a QB anymore without landing on him :)

If I were Gruden - I'd trade Doctson for a 5th, move Jordan Reed to wideout, and start Vernon at TE with Sprinkle spelling him. We'd immediately be more dangerous.

Lastly, that roughing the passer call on Matthews was just about the worst call I've ever seen. This is what is turning me off to this league. Calls like that. Either play football or don't. Stop pretending you care about the players at the expense of the game. That was awful.

The Roughing call on him last week against Cousins was even worse.

Great stats from the d-line too. Ionization is having a pro bowl beginning of the season, Allen & Payne stepping in today too. Not sure how Settle did but when is the last time we had solid d production from the line this good.

Even tho 7 were from Smith, 35 run attempts is a very nice stat to have. Especially when 166 yards goes with it. The grind game is where our wins will come. Ball control/sound football is needed with this roster.

Glad we won but we were very lucky today to get that win.

Jay Gruden tried his best to gas our defense because he refused to mix up his play calling on first down.

In the second half, he never passed once to start a possession. All runs. In fact, the Redskins lead the league in runs called on first down.

Way too predictable to say the least. It didn't bite us today but it will catch up to the team eventually.

Over ruled...I'm gonna allow hits against Greedy Bastard for the rest of his career.

I mean the call itself was worse as in it should have never been made... :cool4:

Jay Gruden tried his best to gas our defense because he refused to mix up his play calling on first down.

In the second half, he never passed once to start a possession. All runs. In fact, the Redskins lead the league in runs called on first down.

Way too predictable to say the least. It didn't bite us today but it will catch up to the team eventually.

We got some breaks. But teams that win usually do. I don't disagree with you on the 2nd half. However, he's also the coach who called the first half and whose team ran out to a big lead early, which allowed us to play more ball control in the 2nd half. What you guys aren't even acknowledging is that we already had a makeshift OL going into the game, Scherff was dinged up, and we lost Moses early. The pass pro in the 2nd half was very, very shaky. I guess you feel like that was an ideal setup for lots of passing?

Sometimes, you just have to win somehow, imperfectly, ugly, whatever. Like I told Om in the 2nd half - Rodgers can't bring them back all alone. He couldn't. And he didn't. So lets enjoy a big win at home against a perennial playoff team :)

I'm enjoying it brother! :)

Just want them to clean a few things up.

Make up my mind for four years i heat he passes to much now I hear he is running to much

Make up my mind for four years i heat he passes to much now I hear he is running to much

Look at the second half offensive production and answer this question:

2nd half drives:

3 plays 5 yds
4 plays 12 yds
3 plays 0 yds
3 plays 4 yds

Is three and out on offense considered ball control offense?

If you're not productive on first down over and over again, when do you mix it up?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.