• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Skins Quotes 9/21/18: Jay Gruden

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
skinsquotes.png

September 21, 2018

Head Coach Jay Gruden

On the injury report:
"Injury report, [Troy] Apke, hamstring, is out. [Shawn] Lauvao, calf, is out. Zach Brown, oblique, is questionable. Paul Richardson, shoulder, is questionable and Mo [Maurice] Harris, concussion, is questionable."

On if WR Maurice Harris is still in concussion protocol:
"I'm just doing what I'm told there with the trainers and we are going to find out tomorrow whether he can go or not. But, he's been cleared to practice. He's had a good week of practice and we'll find out the final word tomorrow; whatever the trainers and doctors tell me."

On if Harris practiced all three days:
"Yup."

On if WR Michael Floyd and WR Breshad Perriman have shown enough in practice to be active on Sunday:
"No, not really, we have had a good week of practice, got a good look at them, but I think we've got another day with them tomorrow morning. We will see where they are at and make our final decision on the fifth guy."

On the status of S Troy Apke hamstring:
"He's out. I think it's good to keep him out and he'll have the bye week to recover. He's close [in recovery]. He'll start running next week."

On C Tony Bergstrom:
"I like that he's a veteran guy, has played the position, and is very smart. He can make all the calls. Obviously, he's a good center. He's played some ball. He helped us out last year and I think the quarterbacks are comfortable with him."

On the level of concern with LB Zach Brown's oblique injury:
"Yeah, I think that's it. I think it's a pain tolerance with him and he practiced today; did a good job. We will see how it goes. We intend on him playing but if something changes tomorrow we'll make that adjustment with our other guys."

On his familiarity with the Green Bay Packers:
"I think you can only expect so much. You've just got to be sound fundamentally secure in what you're doing and be ready for anything with Mr. [Aaron] Rodgers. He makes a lot of things ordinary look extraordinary and they do have some wrinkles, especially special teams, defense, and obviously they will have something for us I'm sure. You've just got to play the game, execute, and try to get after them."

On the status G Brandon Scherff:
"Yeah, he practiced today. He did a good job today. He's got the brace on and I think he's going to be good to go."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scherff is another guy we need to put protective body armor on. Brandon can't seem to play more than 3-4 games without ending up back on the injury report each season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.