• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Who will win Super Bowl XLIV?

BRADFORDorBUST

The Cheerleader
Reaction score
The season started with 32 teams fighting to go to the Super Bowl in Miami. Now only two teams remain. The Colts and Saints each have enough talent to hoist the Lombardi Trophy. The question is which team will win and why?

IMO I feel that the Colts have the edge b/c of Peyton Manning. You know when Manning steps on the field he will know every weakness of your team and how to exploit it. I do think the Saints have a chance b/c of their talent level and what they are fighting for. The city of New Orleans wants the Saints to win the Super Bowl maybe more than any other team.

When it comes down to it I think the Colts will end the Saints dream season just like the Steelers did to the Cardinals in SB43. I'm going to say Colts 31 Saints 24.

I am 12-3 in these games. The three losses were the Falcons over Broncos in SB33, Giants over Ravens in SB35, and the Eagles over the Patriots in SB39. Here's to the Colts winning and not dropping me to 12-4. :cheers:

My head says Colts by 14. My heart says Saints. Just hope for a good and competitive game.

I think Williams comments about hitting Peyton is going to come back and bite the Saints. You don't want to give Peyton a reason to be even more focused. The Colts now have a little something else to play for.

My feeling is that Reggie Bush will be somewhat of a decider. If he can be dynamic enough to confuse the Colts D, the Saints have a great chance; this is even more true if he is effective in the return game and continually gives the Saints great field position.

Peyton is unbelievable, but both of these teams can score at will it seems. Looks Freeney either won't play or be very limited, which can only help the Saints.

My head says Colts by 14. My heart says Saints. Just hope for a good and competitive game.

I think Williams comments about hitting Peyton is going to come back and bite the Saints. You don't want to give Peyton a reason to be even more focused. The Colts now have a little something else to play for.

Same here. I was stationed in Ms in the late 80's, early 90's. Think we've had it hard lately? They've sucked forever, except for the timeframe I was there when they managed a few winning seasons. Just a winning season made the locals go crazy. I can't imagine what it's like there now.

So since they've sucked for soooo long, and they've never won the Big Show, I'll be rooting for the Saints

My head says Manning will pick them apart. The best way to get to him is to go two deep and hope the rush can plant him a time or two to rattle his cage

I lost alot of respect for Gregg Williams after the the NFC Title Game vs the Vikings. I didn't like the way they tried to hurt Favre with late and IMO cheap shots. I was rooting for the Saints but found myself rooting for the Vikings as the game went on.

Now Gregg comes out before the Super Bowl and pretty much threatens Peyton Manning with late hits. I really hope Manning goes off vs the Saints.

I see a good game coming but I have tough time seeing Manning lose this one. NO gave up nearly 500 yards of offense to MN while getting 5 turn overs. I see them giving up the same to Manning without the turn overs.

Congratulations to the Saints and former Redskins Mark Brunell, Pierson Prilaeu and Gregg Williams on a great, very entertaining game.

Well, I was wrong, and I couldn't be happier.
Towards the end of the game, I found myself rooting HARD for those Saints. RIGHT ON, NEW ORLEANS!
We've been blessed with some great Super Bowls this decade. We've had some snoozers, too, but between Dyson coming a yard short, Vinatieri's last minute field goal, Vinatieri field goal II, the Giants beating the undefeated Pats, last year's Super Bowl, and now this one. Incredible.

Great game. Awesome to see a team that has never won the Big One get the Lombardi!

First, my congratulations to the Saints and my thanks to both them and the Colts for entertaining me with an excellent hard-fought-and-well-played game between two truly excellent teams.

Special kudos to Coach Payton and our old friend Greg Williams for dipping into their bag of tricks for some really outstanding plays.

A note: To GM Bruce Allen and Coach Shanahan-please keep a tape of this game handy and review it if you ever want to know what I'd like to see you guys do with the Redskins during your respective stays here-yeah, just like they played...at that level-that's what I want you to do.

That was a good game. I was right on the 14 point spread, but wrong team. Should have stuck with my heart on the winner.

With Emeril cooking the team meal yesterday, the Vatican giving approval for Saints flag to be flown, and Vince Lombardi's grandson working for Saints...should have seen it coming.

Congrats to the Saints.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.