• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Official Game Day Thread - Week 1 - Redskins @ Cardinals

Skins at Cardinals - what's your result?

• Win

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • Lose

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Didn't these guys used to be in St Louis? Yeah, they were cooler then.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Solid win! The Skins are not some polished, finished product, so it was nice to get a road win.

This to me is the most exciting bit. :)

Our D-line is young and relatively inexperienced. Allen got only a handle of games before going out last year. Payne is a rookie. Yet they bottled up one of the leagues best running backs.

Dunbar and co are a young secondary, and performed admirably. (Note: When I predicted the score in the Keys to the Game thread, I had assumed that we could bottle up Johnson, but figured that with our young secondary and with Larry Fitzgerald back there even Bradford would be able to do us some damage. I was wrong about that!)

This is the first ACTUAL game experience that Smith has had with Reed and CT... and they looked like they'd been doing this for years.

AP has only been with us for what... 3 weeks! And already he's making a huge difference on this offence.

AND... that's only game 1!

The potential is clearly there. If we can avoid key injuries these players should only get better as they get more comfortable with the NFL (for the rookies and Allen) and as the team gets to play more together.
Last night felt like we scratched the surface of our potential.

I am, as usual, very optimistic. :D

No word yet on the seriousness of the Cam Dims and Quinn injuries, but that gives the Skins just 4 WRs if they are seriously hurt.

I hope that means Harris will be ready next week.
Reed and Davis can play wideout in a pinch if there's multiple injuries in a game.
Davis did in the Cards game.
By the way, Reed actually looked good blocking.

I was listening to the JPFinlay this morning on the Redskins Talk podcast.

They mentioned our lack of sacks and getting to the QB, but the counter was that in the first half the D was only on the field for something like 15 snaps. And late in the game when Arizona made a few drives, they'd already emptied the bench so they were playing our 2nd team more or less. Not sure how much of that is true, I wasn't paying close attention to who was on and off.

But it might explain things.

The best defense is a good running game. :)

I didn't get to see it (let go of Sunday Ticket over the winter and Dallas played late) so I don't know much other than we nearly blanked these guys.

Color me cautiously optimistic. Especially with the defense and Smith. Maybe even the play calling.

How strange.

Inclement weather took out wifi and DirecTV here, reports of the game look good but I reserve judgement for those who watched. I'm pissed I missed the game and chat, stupid freaking storms.

I watched this game and the Cowboy game with a Cowboy fan...nice to be the happy one for a change. They looked like crap on offense. Granted it was against a tough D but the Skins winning and the Cowboys losing is pretty tough to beat. :)

It was a good win and I hope a harbinger of things to come. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.