• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Burner’s Burning Questions: News, Grades, Evals, Questions, Regular Season, 2018

Re: Burner's Burning Questions: News, Grades, Evals, Questions, Regular Season, 2018

@Burgundy Burner , I don't want to get too far ahead too quickly, or step on your toes, but I put together my own mock draft for 2019.
I think we're really delving into some good programs with these players.

1 - John Jennings DB Virginia Tech
2 - Vinny Mihota DL Virginia Tech
3 - Isaiah Buggs DL Alabama
4 - Johnny Dwight DL Alabama
5 - Jamey Mosley LB Alabama

Look at what was posted just yesterday at Riggo's Rag.

https://riggosrag.com/2018/10/25/season-redskins-mock-draft-1/

Re: Burner's Burning Questions: News, Grades, Evals, Questions, Regular Season, 2018

Look at what was posted just yesterday at Riggo's Rag.

https://riggosrag.com/2018/10/25/season-redskins-mock-draft-1/

Oh wow, I like it.
Not just because it's yours, but it really looks like a winner.
By the way, in case I was too subtle, mine was a joke.
Notice all my players are either from Virginia Tech or Alabama, the college farm teams for the Skins.

Dang, Burgs...2 picks from Brigham Young. You been spendin a lot of time in Utah, with your scouting ?
Is BYU going to be the new Alabama for us ?

Last edited:

Those Samoan boys in Utah are tall, big, strong, and talented.

Those Samoan boys in Utah are tall, big, strong, and talented.

Interesting, I thought Samoans usually ended up either in Hawaii or West Coast colleges.
Didn't expect them in the Midwest, and personally didn't expect them in a Mormon university, but what do I know.

Last edited:

Samoans are located in Utah in large numbers and the vast majority of them are Mormon. Utah has had the largest number of Samoans and Pacific Islanders for decades. Same for BYU. Remember Reno Mahe?

Burner's Burning Questions: Grades, Evals, Questions, Regular Season, 2018

Week Eight

Greetings to everyone here in BGO land and greetings to all of our friends on social media. We hope you become a member of the family here.

The Redskins are now riding a three game winning streak and the offense looked a tad better on Sunday. The defense continues to shine and improve at the same time. The thirty-three year old running back is playing like he is twenty-three. The team continues to maintain first place in the NFC East. How long will it last?

Our thoughts continue to be focused on those who were in the paths of Hurricane Florence and Hurricane Michael. We hope areas affected can get the help and support that is needed, but understand it will take time.

Week eight is in the books and now we take a look at how the entire team fared against the New York Giants on Sunday. Are you expecting good grades this week? We will try to make some sense of it all as BBQ hands out grades, evaluations and questions. Feel free to offer your own grades, evaluations, questions, and opinions.

Upcoming Dates:
- Days until the Cowboys game: 24
- Days until the Eagles game: 35
- Days until NFL free agency: 135
- Days until NFL draft: 178

Let's take a look at week eight.

Quarterbacks:
Question: How did Alex Smith fare?
Answer: We still need to consider that he was without the services of Jamison Crowder and Chris Thompson was limited. No turnovers and managed the game adequately.
Grade: B-

Running Backs:
Question: Do you have a grade for them?
Answer: Adrian Peterson continues to be incredible. Chris Thompson provided a twelve yard gain for a key first down.
Grade: A+

Wide Receivers:
Question: Well, how about the receivers?
Answer: Josh Doctson continued his mild success over the last two games and has found his niche in the offense - quick inside slants and quick hook routes. Maurice Harris had a good game. Paul Richardson came back from an injury.
Grade: B-

Tight Ends:
Question: What grade do give them?
Answer: Terrific blocking from this unit and they had a couple of key receptions.
Grade: B

Offensive Line:
Question: How would you rate them?
Answer: Another solid game from this group. Ty Nsekhe replaced an injured Trent Williams and did a fine job. Chase Roullier has developed into one of the best centers in the NFL.
Grade: A

Defensive Line:
Question: What grade would you give their effort against the Cowboys?
Answer: Saquon Barkley is the latest running back to be shut down. Seven sacks – SEVEN. Other than a late garbage time touchdown, this unit helped to shut down the Giants.
Grade: A+

Linebackers:
Question: How did this group fare against the Giants?
Answer: Good pass coverage. Shut down the rushing offense. Lived in the backfield. Just a great game overall.
Grade: A

Cornerbacks:
Question: Greg Stroman still has a lot to learn, doesn't he?
Answer: He certainly does, but he is gaining some valuable experience. Containing Odell Beckham is nearly impossible, but the damage was limited, especially when Josh Norman was assigned to cover him.
Grade: C+

Safeties:
Question: Once again, will DJ Swearinger slow down this season?
Answer: His intensity is still at a high level. An interception in the first half thwarted a red zone drive by the Giants. Another red zone drive was limited to a field goal late in the game after he broke up a pass in the end zone. Montae Nicholson continues to struggle.

Special Teams:
Question: How about this unit?
Answer: Dustin Hopkins needs to hit the forty yard field goals, but he is still perfect from beyond fifty yards. Tress Way is a warrior.
Grade: B+

Coaching:
Question: What can we say about the coaches for this game?
Answer:
Offense. Game management by the offense was adequate once again. The rushing offense was superb. Josh Doctson has now put two straight games of solid play together.

Defense. They deserved a ride back to Redskins Park in limos once again. The defensive line was stout. The linebackers were superb. DJ Swearinger had an incredible game.

Special teams. Very good game from this unit. Nick Sundberg continues to have minor issues with his snaps.

The Redskins continue to hold a lead of one and a half games in the NFC East. The next division game will not occur until Thanksgiving. How would you rate the impact of Matt Ioannidis? What do you think of DJ Swearinger? How important is the lack of turnovers we see from Alex Smith? Are you concerned about how Montae Nicholson is performing? Will you be happy to see Trey Quinn return? Can the Redskins continue to stay in first place and build on their lead in the NFC East? How would you rate this game against the Giants?

We'll see you again next week. On to week nine and the Falcons game.

Hail To The Redskins!

Tress Way gets a game ball for coming in, waving off Hopkins, and booting a 58-yarder like a Boss. From our 29 to their 13 with 5 1/2 minutes left. That was big-time.

I would downgrade the RBs to an A-, because that fumble was a bad one. Still a great game and we won on Peterson's back, but he wasn't A+ perfect.

Safeties:
Question: Once again, will DJ Swearinger slow down this season?
Answer: His intensity is still at a high level. An interception in the first half thwarted a red zone drive by the Giants. Another red zone drive was limited to a field goal late in the game after he broke up a pass in the end zone. Montae Nicholson continues to struggle.

I havn't looked closely, or seen it, or heard about it, but what exactly is Nicholson struggling with ?
If it's been a continuous struggle, why hasn't Everett taken his place back, and is that a possibility ?

Does Manusky only have P. Smith in on running downs? Hardly anything to read about him pressuring qb's.

The thing that I think has been quietly better about this defence this year is the tackling.

The last few years we'd watch games and lament the missed, whiffed and broken tackles, especially when it came to opposing RB's.

This year we look solid across the board. Flying to the ball and wrapping them up immediately.
I think that's made a big difference this year.

I havn't looked closely, or seen it, or heard about it, but what exactly is Nicholson struggling with ?
If it's been a continuous struggle, why hasn't Everett taken his place back, and is that a possibility ?

Yes, Nicholson has been struggling all season. Everett could replace him, but he is more of a SS and not a FS.

Redskins defense on running plays are second in yards after contact. Which helps a bunch

I hope people understand what some of us were so angry about with Haslett now. the constant lack of technique, and his philosophy of scheme over technique drove me nuts he would never be prepared and was always hoping his ridiculous schemes would cover that up

I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone here that was happy with Haslett being hired, or retained here.

So the Cowboys and Eagles made moves to shore up their WR corps.

Thomas and a #7 pick for a number #4 pick?

That's effectively a #5 net.

Pretty cheap.

Oh, I forgot we have 6'3 guys with a history of productivity on the outside aplenty here already

Silly me, we don't need any upgrades.

We're 5-2 and pretty much set with the #26 passing attack in the NFL.

😈

So, you'd rather be the #1 passing offense, sitting at 2-5?

Stats are worthless. Except for the W/L.

So the Cowboys and Eagles made moves to shore up their WR corps.

Yea, both of those division rivals seem to have a sense of urgency, something we seem to be missing.
Dallas even fired their OL Coach mid-season. Not sure that's the appropriate move, but at least shows
their making a serious effort to address their short-comings, and not wait or fiddle around with them.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.