• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins at Cardinals Score Predictions

MisterPinstripe

2019 NFL Pickem Champion
Reaction score
I am feeling really excited about this team going into the season, so I am looking to win this one Redskins 24 Cardinals 13. Guys back healthy, easier schedule than last year where we still got to 7-9 even with the injuries.

What are you all expecting out of this game?

QB/rcvr's haven't worked together much during preseason so I doubt the offense runs it up - Cards had a good defense last season. I'm seeing a 20-17 kinda game....Skins, of course.

I am going off of Gruden's record of never winning his first week. 30 - 17 Arizona.

27-17. Good guys.

While you all are at it, take a crack at nailing the Key to the Game ...

Good point, Kirk 2 TDs, 5 INTs, and 2 fumbles on what, 3 opening days?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I mean it's always been pretty much agreed upon that Kirk is slow out of the gate to start the first several games of the season, and then he gets hot in the middle of the season. But now we can see that that slow start is magnified even more with the first game. Of course, not much a coach can do about turnovers.
And Smith is the opposite of that, when it comes to turnovers. So I'm really interested in seeing the difference he makes in a Gruden offense. This could be the perfect marriage of coach and QB. I mean, not like a Brady/Bellichek type of marriage, but something special.

I mean it's always been pretty much agreed upon that Kirk is slow out of the gate to start the first several games of the season, and then he gets hot in the middle of the season. But now we can see that that slow start is magnified even more with the first game. Of course, not much a coach can do about turnovers.
And Smith is the opposite of that, when it comes to turnovers. So I'm really interested in seeing the difference he makes in a Gruden offense. This could be the perfect marriage of coach and QB. I mean, not like a Brady/Bellichek type of marriage, but something special.
I think they are both good QBs, but we will see a massive help for both the offense and defense with reduced turnovers. Over the last 3 years Kirk has throw 36 interceptions and fumbled it over 30 times, those are killer for both sides of the ball.

Kirk is 1-5 against the Cowboys and I can think of many games against the NFC East where he killed us with turnovers.

All of this to say, we are likely losing some TDs with Kirk leaving, but I think that we are improved as a whole by the major reduction in turnovers.

I read somewhere during training camp that some players or coaches were saying that Alex has a greater command/understanding of the offense then Kirk did.

To me, that's a major indictment on Kirk, a new QB two weeks into training camp shouldn't know the offense more than a guy who has been in it for 4 years.

I wonder how much of that is because there was stuff that Kirk refused to run if he didn't feel 100% comfortable with it, which limits the offense.

I hope to see Alex tear it up and make his teammates better. And if I am honest, I want to see Kirk crash and burn after everything went down. Not to say I support Bruce Allen, I want him far from this team and the reigns turned over to Kyle Smith.

I was a big supporter of Kirk, I just got frustrated with choking at the end of the year and all of the drama and happy to move on.

End late night rambling, I blame the sleeplessness.

I claim the win on this one guys, so I take the grand prize.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.