• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Update

Docsandy

The Starter
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score
Not really sure this belongs here but wanted to stop by, say hello and that i hope.to make it.to the Raven's game.chat.

The past three weeks have been a real.challenge. on August 11 I was admitted.to.the hospital with a major heart attack. The main artery in the heart (nicknamed the widowmaker) was 100% blocked and the efficiency of my heart was less.than 35%. Had cardiac.cath, 2 stents, and sent home. Last night at home i had chest pain that was not relieved.by nitro...the paon's onset was 2 am. By 6 am i was in the cardiac.cath lab again with the stent that was put in having occluded. Another stent put on4 hours.later pain not.better and almost ended up in the catheterization lab again.

To make a long story longer....im in the hospital and am hoping im somewhere where i can join in the chat for the raven's game.chat.

I hope i haven't bored you and am only requesting some good thoughts my way. Hopefully will "see" you for the ravens.game.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Holy shit doc, you've had one helluva month! Please get some rest and recuperate asap.

FWIW i'll be saying prayers for you.

Rest up and get well! Thoughts and prayers headed your way.

Doc, sorry to hear you have to go through that. That stinks. The good thing about blockages (if there is a good thing) is that once you get them unblocked and recover, you'll feel so much better.

Please keep us informed. We're all in your corner.

Thinking good thoughts for you Sandy - we love you and best wishes on getting everything you need so you are not in pain and can get back to your regular life and activities. Keep us posted!

Thinking good thoughts for you Sandy - we love you and best wishes on getting everything you need so you are not in pain and can get back to your regular life and activities. Keep us posted!
So far plans are i get to go home tomorrow which means if there is a chat for the ravensgame ill be there. I will let u know for sure. I'll be honest..this has scared the crap outta me. Heck of a way to spend your 65th birthday though.

Moved to intermediate cardiac care...so making progress.

Moved to intermediate cardiac care...so making progress.

Going home today.!!! Hopefully not to return any time soon!!!

Going home today.!!! Hopefully not to return any time soon!!!

Glad you are doing better Sandy - take care of yourself!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Planning on being in game chat... hope I see some ofyou there!

Update.. I wanted to update my second family since I am now home again from the hospital. FOr those that were in the Green Bay game chat, you may have seen me mention I was there while in the hospital. Yes, for the third weekend in a row, I ended up in the hospital. Following is the update I posted on Facebook, so rather than retype it, I'm putting it here for those interested. I truly miss game day chats when I am unable to make it and will miss not having one this weekend; however I will look forward to the chat for MOnday night football with the Saints. I will be in Maryland that weekend and we'll be driving back Monday evening; so I'm hoping I can get into the chat via Tapatalk (Boone?). However driving through the mountains sometimes I lose signal so it will depend on timing (as to when we leave Maryland) and my ability to get online via my phone and Tapatalk.

Anyway.. here's the update I posted on Facebook... for those not on Facebook... it's long so I understand if you don't want to read the entire thing. I totally understand, but for your perusing pleasure:

Status: Well, today is the first day I attempted any activity outside the house. I had a doctor's appointment with my internist, so I went to it. I also do minor work for him so I stayed to talk to him about my goals and the cardiologist's prognosis for me getting back to work. As of now, I am hoping to go back to work October 15, maybe not my full schedule, but at least something to start some income rolling in. ] I will have to do a couple test drives down with my niece, Rebecca with me in the car to make sure I can drive that far without becoming winded. In any event, I did become very winded while at the doctor's office; and he sent me home, made me text him when I was safely in the house. I believe it was the heat in the office; however, because it was very warm and once I got into my house, my windedness stopped, though I am very tired and plan to take a nap after finishing up a couple things here.

Even though I became so winded, I do feel more positive I feel better in general than the first two times coming home and while my endurance right now is still the same as when I was idischarged before, I feel more positive about getting better. I kn ow it's a baby step situation, but I do feel more positive now.

What I suffered last Saturday was scary... my discharge summary called it brain anoxia caused by severe congestive heart failure. No wonder I was deliirous and couldn't remember anything. The onlly thing I remember is waking up Saturday morning and knowing "something" wasn't right and texting my niece with HELP. Apparently I wasn't making any sense and because I couldn't navigate, they called an ambulance I do not remember the ambulance ride or even the time spent in the emergency room. The first thing I remember is vaguely getting admitted and getting to the room. So I lost about 8 hours on Saturday due to the "brain anoxia". This whole thing has scared me, but I think that was the scariest.

I just thank everyone for all the support and well wishes I have received. I so appreciate it.

Hugs to all. My next goal is to get though this weekend without having to make a trip to the hospital... since the past three weekends I have ended up in the hospital.

HTTR!!!! :grouphug:

We're all glad you're feeling a little better Doc, that must've been pretty scary. For what it's worth I'll say a prayer for you, and you need to take it easy.

Thanks Win... all prayers, good thoughts, etc. are more than welcome. Up until this all started, I was relatively healthy; since 2006 I've lost over 300 pounds, got off almost all medication and was able to be pretty active. Not being active and having to depend on my niece for stuff I did routinely really bothers me :(.

Bless your heart Sandy - that sounds like a scary experience! We are all rooting for you and sending good thoughts your way for a full recovery. Thanks again for your site donation yesterday - we really appreciate it. It is more expensive than folks know to maintain this site and we do not use ads or any other revenue-generating tactics on BGO to help.

Anyone with an Apple or Android phone can download the 'BGO Messenger' phone app from either the Apple app store or the Google Play app store. The BGO Messenger app will give you mobile access to the chatrooms so you can participate in game day chats anytime and anywhere.

I think scary stuff over ... last stintin hospital they dried m out too much and put me in acute kidney failure... so when I wentout to tty to drie, I was deliriou and knew not what I was ding an hit parked car. aback into hospital to get that fixd. mhy car not fixed and I can't afford the deductible anyway Scary scary time period August 20 - to October 8. I should be able to go back to work finally 10/22 only if I can affod deductble to gt my car. Will see peple in game day chat... we are getting the Dallas game... HTTR.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.