• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Why So Down on Gruden?

I really like Gruden and want him to stick around, however I will say if we don't make the playoffs this year it's time to move on. Though I think that we will.

He has rebuilt this team from the trash heap we were left in talent wise. He and his coaching staff have done a great job in building and developing homegrown talent. I think this is the year we see the fruits of that.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I think that's fair. I don't think his job is on the line this season though - simply because with a change in starting QBs, he's going to get a little bit of the benefit of the doubt. If the injury bug (knock on wood!) leaps us and bites us like it did last year, again he'll get the benefit of the doubt. He's got a 2-3 year window to break through (at least an NFC Championship) imho. I'm not stating what he should get, only what I believe he will get.

While I think this year will be a struggle, the team will not get rid of Jay. He got that extension last year for a reason. Thinking he has at least two years now. Maybe more.

Part of the Redskins slow starts as documented has been the poor opening day performances of Kirk Cousins.

Now whether that was Kirk not getting enough preseason reps and Gruden soft pedaling the summer workouts overall is a question that should be answered in 2018.

Cousins is gone, the team outside of Guice is healthy, and Alex Smith has a history of starting fast.

While there are some new faces set to make an impact on defense, the skill players on offense at WR and TE as well as the OL is largely intact and knows the system very well.

The Redskins are also facing a team they should be competitive with. Arizona also has a new qb and transition at some other spots.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.