• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Who Are You MOST Impressed With?

Who's Been MOST Impressive So Far?

• QB Alex Smith

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • WR Paul Richardson

• RB Adrian Peterson

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • WR Trey Quinn

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • DL Daron Payne

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • WR Cam Sims

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • T Geron Christian

• S Troy Apke

• DL Tim Settle

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • LB Shaun Dion Hamilton

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • CB Greg Stroman

• CB Danny Johnson

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
Through Training Camp and 3 Pre-Season games, we've gotten the chance to see new additions to this Redskins roster. Which new guys, free agent or draftee, have really impressed you so far (multiple picks allowed)?

(I did not include RB Darius Guice since we have all been impressed with him, but he'll be on IR this season)

Last edited:
Payne, Settle, and Hamilton. They continued a superb preseason last night.

Quinn was good on the punt returning fundamentals against the Broncos, but his route running and receiver skillsets were lacking.

Adonis Alexander looked good in his debut last night, but still needs some work.

Greg Stroman could be headed to the practice squad, but willing to reserve judgment until the final preseason game.

Troy Apke is a special teams ace in the making, but has a long ways to go as an NFL free safety.

Cam Sims had a thigh bruise and didn't play last night. Need another game to see where he is at.

Danny Johnson has made his case known, but he is caught in a numbers game right now.

Overall, DaRon Payne and Tim Settle. Payne is simply a beast, looks better than his fellow alum so far. He should be pro bowl material and we should be looking to extend his rookie contract when the time comes.

Tim Settle has easily handled much of the opposition he's seen. It'd be nice to see him with the first stringers a little while to get an idea of how much of a steal we really did get in the 5th round.

Adrian Peterson showed he has that great vision so many of our young backs seem to lack. If in just 2 weeks with the team he could teach Rob Kelley that vision, Kelly might actually be something more than a flash in the pan. Peterson also still has a wicked cut.

Adrian Peterson showed he has that great vision so many of our young backs seem to lack. If in just 2 weeks with the team he could teach Rob Kelley that vision, Kelly might actually be something more than a flash in the pan. Peterson also still has a wicked cut.

That's the challenge though - not sure you can ‘learn' it. It's sort of like pocket awareness with QBs. Some have it, some just don't. I'm not ready yet to say neither Kelley nor Perine have vision, but I think we'll have a lot better idea after a regular season of them splitting time with AP (assuming they are all healthy).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Settle and Payne.

Glad we got Payne but from last Feb. to draft day, I wanted us to get Settle. Didn't think they'd draft two Dlinemen in the same draft,much less get Settle in the fifth round.
The dude just shows up every time he's on the field and as El mentioned earlier, hope we get to see him with the starters and let's see what he's got.

AP was impressive last night! As Gomez Adams would say: "Good show old man!"

Maybe the other starters MIA get let out of their bubble wrap week one.......I hope....

The 2018 draft is looking like it may be our best draft in decades ...

That's the challenge though - not sure you can ‘learn' it. It's sort of like pocket awareness with QBs. Some have it, some just don't. I'm not ready yet to say neither Kelley nor Perine have vision, but I think we'll have a lot better idea after a regular season of them splitting time with AP (assuming they are all healthy).

Yeah, mostly just wishful thinking on my part because as much as I have admonished our RB depth all pre-season, I like Rob Kelly. I just don't think he posseses the talent to succeed long term in the NFL.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.