• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Skins Quotes Post-Game 8/24/18: Jay Gruden

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
skinsquotes.png

REDSKINS HEAD COACH JAY GRUDEN

On QB Alex Smith and the offense:
"Yeah, he probably had some plays he wishes he had back. I pulled Trent [Williams] pretty early. My job, my goal was to get the one offense some looks and get them off the field after about three or four drives really, no matter what. I wanted to get some key backups some good work against some of their ones and that's what happened. But, my whole intent is to get our starting group to Arizona healthy and looks like that's what we're on pace to do right now."

On what he saw tonight from RB Adrian Peterson:
"I saw a big guy running pretty hard really. He had a five-yard average I believe, had a couple good bounces, and, you know, the thing I like about some of his runs is they look like they're like gains of ones [yard] and he'd fall forward for a gain of three. The first run of the day I thought it was a three-yard gain and he ends up second and three. Of course we took a sack that we should never take on the next play, but I was impressed with Adrian and the way he ran."

On getting the first team game action:
"It's hard because a lot of our first teamers weren't playing anyway. [Jamison] Crowder didn't play, obviously, Jordan Reed didn't play, [and] Chris Thompson didn't play. Some of our key components when it comes to timing weren't on the field, so the big thing was that I really wanted to focus on the running game and trying to get Adrian some good looks and we accomplished that to some degree, but I wish we had done a little bit of a better job on the passing game today."

On if RB Adrian Peterson will play Thursday:
"We'll see. I'm going to check out the tape and see how he's feeling body wise and we'll go from there. I think Samaje [Perine] should be OK by Thursday. We'll get some good looks at them and we've got some other guys to look at. We've still got a lot of work to do as far as Thursday's concerned; we're looking at players."

On preseason versus regular season game preparation:
"We just had to probably put an extra day's work into it. We try to show them how we're going to practice. Mainly it was about practicing with the [play] cards and how we're going to do scout team to try to get a heads up on that. As far as game plan time, I would probably compare it to a Thanksgiving Day or a Thursday game kind of thing as opposed to a regular Sunday game."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.