• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Skins Sign RB Adrian Peterson

Even though he is a vet and has had injuries, I think that this is a good signing... remember Terry Allen? A.P. will be starting by week 4

Not sure how I feel about this signing, but willing to give it some time. Thinking Byron Marshall will go on IR with a designation to return.

I've posted loads of stats backing up my position El. I've shown that both Perine and Kelley were top 5 in their rookie classes in terms of yards even though neither was entrenched as starter and both had to split time with multiple backs. I've put up numbers of the so called 'great backs' (you know, the ones all of the other teams supposedly have) and their rookie #'s are remarkably similar to the Redskins RBs who are incessantly beat on.

I've put facts and numbers out there to support my position. You just choose not to respond to them. Kelley had a fine 2016 season. He had a number of solid games. If he'd started every game, we wouldn't even be having this conversation. An injury plagued 2017 and a couple of lackluster preseason games and now he's just a scrub. Perine struggled some his first year, and he's no good either. I'm not buying either of those suggestions.

If you really look at the numbers, it's the Redskins rushing ATTACK, not the individual RBs who statistically suck. Everyone wants to say we were in the bottom 1/4th of the leagues rushing attacks because we lack talent at RB - but it's the whole scheme and offensive unit that has statistically failed to produce a dominant rush attack during the Gruden era. And even that 'fact' is skewed somewhat because we are frequently passing to our backs, not handing it off to them. That's RB productivity that no one even acknowledges.

Bottom line - we'd have been just fine in 2018, given the limited importance of the rushing attack in a Gruden offense, barring the injuries. Shit happens. RB was not and is not the only need this team had to be concerned with.

No you've put up meaningless stats.

Kelly had a fine season? OK, 2 years ago...what happened since, because he can't even see a hole in front of him anymore.

Look, our RB's going into this season were average at best, outside of the 2 starters. In 2 years, not one will be playing in the NFL. You can buy into your theory all you want...it's more snake oil from the Redskins' front office, who failed again!

No you've put up meaningless stats.

Kelly had a fine season? OK, 2 years ago...what happened since, because he can't even see a hole in front of him anymore.

Look, our RB's going into this season were average at best, outside of the 2 starters. In 2 years, not one will be playing in the NFL. You can buy into your theory all you want...it's more snake oil from the Redskins' front office, who failed again!

Okay El - gotcha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bottom line, this is a low risk signing, we've either got a contributor or we don't, it's all conjecture and speculation until we see him on the field. We needed depth, we needed a body, we needed someone who was willing to not demand anything but a chance to play. I think AP checks all those boxes at this time.

This is a good synopsis. Welcome to DC, let's hope he comes out on fire.

In other news SO, this is the first year that I can remember where the Skins are playing at both Tampa and Jax in the same year. And both are regular season games. I have my Bucs tickets, now I just need to get tickets to the Jax game.

This is a good synopsis. Welcome to DC, let's hope he comes out on fire.

In other news SO, this is the first year that I can remember where the Skins are playing at both Tampa and Jax in the same year. And both are regular season games. I have my Bucs tickets, now I just need to get tickets to the Jax game.

I'm definitely doing Tampa, dunno bout jax I really hate that city and stadium

Fear: once you've been through 5 hurricanes it's like politics, eventually you're just "eh, its gonna f some stuff up, eh where's the beer"

Take any angle you want, my friend. Just happy to see you hangin' round.

But back to the point, I've said, if our RB's average 7.5yds per carry, with 15 carries per game, Gruden would be a big fan of the run.
Howeva, 4yds per carry, on 25 carries a game, is kryptonite to Jay Gruden. Plus, it bores him to tears.

I agree coach's forte is the passing game. But longevity as HC has to be a long-term goal as well. He has to know he can't win without a running game that forces LBs to delay a split second (play action), to work the clock in close games, and to win NFCE games in Dec.

And thanks Ax. Your humor is one of the magnets! Glad to be back in good graces.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even though he is a vet and has had injuries, I think that this is a good signing... remember Terry Allen? A.P. will be starting by week 4

Adrian Peterson avg 3.1 yds behind the worst O-line, in Ari. The Redskins had the 12th best line last year. Already he's in a better place to excel.

Not to mention The Cardinals and The Saints employ ZBS and AP works better in PRS, which Jay likes to run. Couple that with basically having a year off, due to his neck injury giving his legs a chance to rest he has a 50 50 chance off working out here. We'll have to wait and see?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.