• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

2018 Season Ending Injury Tracker

Thanks for clarifying.
So, you're saying, even with Kalis in the picture, we're still in need of another quality depth guy who's not currently on our roster.
I can agree with that.
Let's see what fishies swim by from the other 31 teams' cuts.

Updated. 7 new players added including Sims for the Skins.

Skins are up to 6 after Pre-Season and Week 1, not counting the guys who were injured and released with some kind of settlement.

I literally can't believe we lose two promising rookies on almost their first NFL carries. It's mind boggling the bad luck this team has.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I literally can't believe we lose two promising rookies on almost their first NFL carries. It's mind boggling the bad luck this team has.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw Sims was on IR. Did I miss the move for Quinn?

Both are having ankle surgery and are on IR. Word on Quinn came out this afternoon.

Rob Elliott has been added to the IR list with a toe injury.

So many injuries. Including players who are not even on the roster.

We can add several names to this list. Looks like it was last updated about 6 weeks ago.
Not complaining, just making an observation.
It looks like quite a task, for ANYone, to keep this list up to date, at the rate this team is going. :)

Last edited:
We can add several names to this list. Looks like it was last updated about 6 weeks ago.
Not complaining, just making an observation.
It looks like quite a task, for ANYone, to keep this list up to date, at the rate this team is going. :)

Sorry sir. I've been traveling a lot (including weekends, sadly) and missed the Christian injury.

I didn't get the game today so I worked around the house but even that didn't keep me from the news. I'm thinking it isn't too early to update the list... :(

I didn't get the game today so I worked around the house but even that didn't keep me from the news. I'm thinking it isn't too early to update the list... :(

Neo, I don't think it's too early...it was Theisman-esque.

Neo, I don't think it's too early...it was Theisman-esque.

Smith may be Theismann-esque.
But McCoy is Foles-esque...or could be :)
Didn't win the game, but he is capable of stepping up as Foles did. Yea, I know we don't have the talent the Eagles had last year, but I believe our potential this year is not really worse with McCoy, than Smith.
But part of that may be homerism. But I am genuinely positive about our outlook as a team.

Official call by Gruden during the presser was a broken tibia, fibula. OUCH!

Smith knew it as soon as he went down, too. You could see disgust on his face more than pain.

I have been very critical of Smith, but I never wanted that for Smith.

OP updated with full IR lists for Cowboys and Eagles.

It is worth noting that even the Eagles, whose amazing injury status I keep hearing about everywhere, don't have a list anywhere near as long as the Skins. :(

OP updated with full IR lists for Cowboys and Eagles.

It is worth noting that even the Eagles, whose amazing injury status I keep hearing about everywhere, don't have a list anywhere near as long as the Skins. :(

What's further insane, is with the exception of just 1 player (Apke), the entire IR is offensive players, the side of the ball where we happen to be much weaker to begin with.
And that includes the WR and RB we just pulled off of IR.
If it's the trainer's fault, as some people suggest, would there really be an imbalance of 99% offensive players ?

Last edited:
I believe I've got the Redskins IR list updated completely. That's 19 instances of players (many starters) being placed on IR this season, with 4 games still to go.

16/19 have represented to loss of offensive players. So anyone bitching about our lack of scoring really just needs to shush. Just fielding an offense has been a challenge this season. I don't know if Brother @Neophyte wants to update the other teams. I don't think there's any question there's been no team that has had as many critical injuries as the Redskins have - for 2 years running.

Oh - and 12 of the 19 injuries were traumatic tendon/ligament/bone injuries. Despite what all of the internet physicians want you to believe, they are NOT preventable. A tendon ruptures, a ligament tears, or a bone breaks under the force of trauma. It doesn't matter what kind of shape you are in, how hard you work, or how good your training has been - those injuries are due to force applied that those structures cannot tolerate. Yes... you can increase flexibility - but that's not going to prevent traumatic injury.

The other 7 injuries - muscle, soft tissue, or nerve injuries - are *arguably* preventable.

Just my opinion - but the shellacking of the Redskins training and medical staff is unwarranted and silly and mostly the result of angry disappointed fans looking for someone to blame for what has mostly been some of the worst injury luck in the league. If you think our training and medical staff suck, I'd love to hear how they've managed to keep Jordan Reed and Josh Doctson on the field all season - two guys who many wondered would ever play a 2 game stretch again at various points in their careers.

Last edited:
Thanks Boone. When I started this thing I didn't think there was anyway this year could be as depressing as last year but I was mistaken.

I finished up the Falcons just now. I thought they might have a chance to rival the Skins in this area with all their injuries but no, not even close.

I do the Giants next as they are in the division and make sure the Cowboys and Eagles are up to date. Look for that later today.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.