• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Post-Game Skins Quotes 8/16/18: Redskins Players

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
skinsquotes.png

REDSKINS QB ALEX SMITH

On getting hit on the first drive:
“To be honest, you know, it's almost a blessing to go out there. You haven't played in a long time; you haven't taken a hit. We've been wearing, you know, yellow jerseys all off-season and to kind of get that first shot, get the completion, it was nice. A nice way to start it off kind of get the cob webs out, get you back into football mode right away. You know, I thought we did a nice job, got into some rhythm, which was nice, moved the chains. Of course, they couldn't finish it off on third-and-nine. But yeah, it was good to get a little rhythm going, good to get into the huddle with the guys and get out of the field again.”

On changes coming into Washington:
“Yeah, I mean, for me, it's way too soon to evaluate right. I mean we're full steam ahead. We've got a lot ahead of us. Everything said on opening day like everybody around the league right now, so we've got a lot ahead of us to work for and prepare for that. That's all that really matter right now, but its ways too soon to evaluate.”

On his mindset coming into the situation, team and teammates:
“For me, let's go. I mean it was an opportunity, you know, and everything I've been through in my career. Never take it for granted. How thankful I am for this opportunity, and I'm going to do everything I can with it. Work as hard as I can, you know, and make the most of this. Thankfully, we've got a bunch of good teammates, and I think they think the same way.”

On feeling like he has to prove himself:
“Yeah, I feel like I have more to prove than ever, and I feel like I am in a great place to do it. I'm just happy about that challenge. Back in a new conference, new division, we've got a tough schedule, but you know what, I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm excited for it. We've got a bunch of guys, like I said, I think they have that same mentality, so I'm pumped to be here.”

On what he likes about this offense:
“Well, I just think how versatile we are. I don't think there is anything we can't do or won't do. We've got coaches that are creative, great teachers putting us in great situations. I think we've got a much of guys that are really-really talented and that can handle the volume.”

REDSKINS S TROY APKE

On his first NFL interception:
"It was a great feeling. I didn't know what to expect. I ended up dropping the ball but someone picked it up for me and brought it to the sideline and gave it to me. I don't know who that was but I am happy they brought it. Definitely - a great feeling to get my first one. Hopefully there are many more to come but I think Deshazor [Everett] had a great play on the ball and he tipped it up, I was just there."

On playing at FedExField for the first time:
"[It was] my first time in FedExField. Just being out there and seeing all the fans, it was a great feeling."

On what he did after the interception:
"I don't know what I did after but I know I dropped the ball, but [teammates] were like, ‘Why'd you drop the ball'."

REDSKINS QB COLT McCOY

On taking a big hit in the first half:
“Well, I wish I would have seen the catch. I think we got the penalty for it, and we got a lot of yards out of it.”

On him connecting with wide receivers after previous drops:
“Yeah, that was unfortunate because we lost points on that drive, but at the same time, I was the first to go over to him and say, 'Hey, shake it off. We will talk about it tomorrow'."

REDSKINS CB JOSH NORMAN

On how he felt in first home preseason game:
"I felt good. I didn't do too much of anything other than go out there and do the coverages that coach [Defensive Coordinator Greg Manusky] called for like two series and then I was out. We tried to stay up off the ground as much as we could and we got out of there good on the defensive side of the ball, with no real injuries or anything so that is the main thing."

On executing the defensive schemes:
"We had great execution I feel like, and the first drive was a quick three-and-out and we came back and got off the field so there were a lot of good things to take from that. A couple of young guys had interceptions, and you know tips and overthrows are what you ask for on defense, and someone just coming out there lurking for that ball and it was there."

On a missed interception via the whistle:
"Danny [Johnson] had one earlier but the referee blew the whistle. That's kind of how it goes sometimes you know, but hey, you just go out and keep fighting."

On the state of the Redskins:
"I'll say this; it's a good time to be a Redskin. You see that progression of three years and sitting back and watching those young bulls go at it and go hunt and it's a great feeling."

REDSKINS DL DARON PAYNE

On playing in his first NFL game:
"It felt good. It's something I have been working for my whole life. I'm definitely blessed and happy for the opportunity."

On his performance tonight:
"I'm going go out there and give my hardest every chance I get."

On lining up with former Alabama teammate DL Jonathan Allen:
"It felt like old college days."

On fellow rookies' performances:
"I'm all into seeing other guys eating (making big plays) like Cam Sims. Happy to see them ball."

On the front four on defense:
"I know we go to practice every day and work hard. I think we will have a good front four this year and we are going to get after it every day."

REDSKINS DT TIM SETTLE

On growing as a player:
“I feel like I'm still learning. My goal is to progress every week and learn from the mistakes I had last week and keep moving forward. I'm still learning, I still ask questions and I still have some technique errors to fix but I'm going to get it done. I've got a couple more weeks."

On him watching DL Daron Payne play tonight in his first preseason game:
"He was ready to go. I was hyping him up a bit before the game, and he said ‘you going to see' and he showed me. I was watching him the whole time and I saw when the dude went at him and he cut back inside and I said ‘Whoa! Whoa! Whoa!' and I was so into it."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Josh Norman really needs to raise his game in 2018 to what it was in 2015 and 2016.

2017 was a down year and he got beaten quite a bit for a guy making $18M.

For that kind of cap number you expect a shutdown corner who makes the key plays that lead to victories.

You can make the argument that both Breeland and Fuller had better years in 2017 than Norman did.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.