• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Blognostications Poll

What do you think of BGO Blognostications

• Love member written Blognostications and I love writing one when asked

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Read it every week! Writing one...not so much.

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • I can take it or leave it.

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • It outlived it's fun a couple seasons ago. Put it out of it's misery.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What's a Blognostication and do I need to see a doctor about it?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Neophyte

Ring of Fame
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
All,

We are looking for some feedback on the BGO Blognostications feature. Part of the goal at BGO has always been to have a high level of user driven content, both in terms of quality and quantity. A very big component of that has been our Blognostications feature, where every week a different member does their own take on the upcoming game. The writers have had all the freedom possible with this piece. All the BGO staff has asked be included for certain in each on is a prediction of the final score.

When we first introduced it, all contributors were selected by our staff. At that point, it was not uncommon for me to get any number of PMs during the season expressing interest in being a Blognosticator for the site if we needed it. It was a very popular feature and it seemed everyone looked forward to each game's edition.

Fast forward to today and the story appears a bit different. It's harder to get all the slots filled with members, sometimes games go begging and there is a perception that maybe the feature isn't so popular. So with that in mind, do the owners a solid and chime on the poll above regarding Blognostications. If you have more to say than a mere vote can voice, feel free to chime in below with your opinion.

Understand, no one's feelings will be hurt. We are just trying to determine if the content we have always brought is, in this case, the content we need to continue bringing or if it is time to move on.

Thanks!

PS - remember, unlike a Presidential election, every vote counts here. ;)

Last edited:
Personally, I enjoy reading them.
They're obviously more fun when things are going well.
Many of the people here have a good sense of humor, and it often comes through in the blogs.
Conversely, when things are not going well, the criticisms can be quite depressing. Not that they aren't always true.
It is what it is, though. It's all part of the deal. The good, and the bad.

But sometimes, when things are going really bad, I don't want to focus on it.
I just want to be held. :love:

If a weekly blog seems too much, maybe a quarterly one, assessing the results of the preseason, then each quarter of the regular season, with a prediction for the next quarter.
With the weekly blog returning during our playoff runs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.