• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

2018 Keys to the Game Contest!

Pretty sure during a pre-draft discussion, if not draft night, I expressed my concern of having to face Barkley twice a year, should the Giants draft him. And you basically said, not to worry. He'll be average, at best, in the NFL. Draft position wasn't part of that particular discussion.

I may have said that, not sure average was a correct assessment. My assertion has always been, he will wear down by the end of the season in the NFL because he'd wear down at Penn State as the season wore down. They rode him hard in Happy Valley, and the Giants are riding him hard now. I don't see a long, healthy career for him.

Dak has been sacked 19 times already so Manusky sends the heat all day.6 sack game with Ion getting one in the 4th, a fumble, J. Allen scoops it and returns it 20 yards to seal the game.

27-17 skins

I'm going to give @Win4us the win for the Cowboys game. Although it wasn't Allen scooping up the fumble, pressure on Dak was key as was, obviously, the forced fumble and defensive score. Nice all Win. PM @Om with your mailing address so he can get your prize to you.

Against the Giants, Alex Smith finally works out the kinks with Josh Doctson, to the tune of 2 TD passes, keying a huge road win.

Yeah, I get lucky predicting on occasion. Nostradumbass I am!

Ground game works as its supposed to and gets almost 200 yards (193) for AP + crew. 3 td"s and multiple 80 yard death marches does the gnats in.

Bonus prediction: Eli's season ends on a pick 6

Well, I did it. Then Boone did it. Now I'm gonna do it again.

This weeks key? Josh Doctson and his 2 TD's.

So for the Atlanta game...

Our Offence shows up and sustains some drives, doesn't score high but keeps them off the field.

Key:

Alex Smith finally goes off to the tune of 275yards and 3 TD's

Well, according to Brother El, Barkley isn't worth worrying about. So I won't.

Our key this week will be OLB's. Who will combine for 5 sacks and 2 turnovers.

Brother @Ax wins! It was, indeed, sacks and turnovers that keyed the Skins to a win against the Giants last week. @Ax - PM @Om with your name and address so we can get your keychain to you! Let's see some more 'keys' for the Falcons game people! We have a lot of cool Skins keychains to give away :)

Key to the game against the Falcons - in a close game in the 4th quarter, Greg Stroman takes a Falcons kickoff to the house for the winning TD. Boom.

Key to the game against the Falcons - in a close game in the 4th quarter, Greg Stroman takes a Falcons kickoff to the house for the winning TD. Boom.

Nope...Haha Clinton Dix will intercept a Matt Ryan pass to Julio Jones, then pitch if off to Swearinger who will take it to the house to seal the win with 3 minutes left in the 4th Q, putting us up by 18.

Defense gets 3 sacks including one on the final drive which Matt fumbles we recover and run out the clock. AP gets 72 yards and a TD.

No winner - in any sense of the word - this week...

Okay, we all know the main key this week is how well our New Super Duper Oline Troopers perform.

So instead, I'll go with Alex Smith's 3 TD's. 2 through the air, 1 on the ground.

Fitzpatrick scares me - as does this game in general. But if Gruden's shown one strength it's that his teams rarely play poorly in successive weeks. He seems to be able to get the guys to bounce back even under less than ideal circumstances (and that certainly applies to us right now). Since Fitzpatrick scares me, if I'm going to predict a Skins win, it has to come on the backs of our defense. Swearinger gets a strip sack and walk-in TD on a blitz in the 4th to win it for the good guys.

The key to winning this game, if we can find a way to do it.. is not going to be measurable on the stat sheet. It's going to be a flat out will to win. It's going to be the inexplicable performance of players. Weird, seeming random, things that happen that allow us to shut down their offense, or destroy their defense. This game is either going to be 13-10 or 31-27. A couple keys to the game:

DJ Swearinger has a defensive TD - For some reason I'm seeing the Sean Taylor fumble return for TD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7595RVz9LPM

The key on offense if we're gonna pull this out, is going to be the make shift O-line and how Chase can communicate with them. If I'm Tampa, I'm stunting, blitzing, blitz bluffing, I'm all over the damn place trying to break down the O-line's communication. Where I think we need to focus is going to be the ground game, and we need to take advantage by using the screen pass.

AP has 140 yards rushing, and the offense has approx 100 yards on screen passes to RBs, TEs, and WRs. Look for Bibbs to get another screen for a TD.

Special Teams is going to be a factor. TB will have a gaff... kickoff out of bounds to set us up... TERRIBLE punt, possibly blocked, Stroman PR for TD, Missed FG or XP. Something will go wrong for them in teams.

Bucs will drive downfield for a potential game-winning score, but it will be thwarted by an interception.
I was going to say interception by DJS, but he's already taken in the above post, so I'm gonna say Moreau with the GW INT.

Alrighty then. Since I'll be away for the next 2 games, doing my part in controlling the whitetail deer population of West Virginia, I'll give my keys to both games.

First up, the Texans. The key is the Oline. Our RB's, and QB will combine for 150+ rushing yds, to go along with 2 rushing TD's. And TOP dominance.

Secondly, the Prison Farm Team of Dallas. Cassanova McKinzy. 3 sacks 1 forced fumble recovery for a TD.

Did i win?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

We'll award @SilentThreat the win this week as he certainly nailed the tone of this game. Guys - please try to stick to one major prediction when you make your post. When you list a littany of predictions, invariably some will happen and some won't. It makes it hard to decide who got it correct in any given week. It's not a game summary - it's the 'key' to the game outcome :)
@SilentThreat - PM Brother @Om with your mailing address so we can get your vintage keychain in the mail to you!

We'll award @SilentThreat the win this week as he certainly nailed the tone of this game. Guys - please try to stick to one major prediction when you make your post. When you list a littany of predictions, invariably some will happen and some won't. It makes it hard to decide who got it correct in any given week. It's not a game summary - it's the 'key' to the game outcome :)
@SilentThreat - PM Brother @Om with your mailing address so we can get your vintage keychain in the mail to you!

Lol sorry, I did the key for each side of the ball... I'll limit it next time.

It's good stuff, just post that stuff in the game thread :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.