• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

2018 Keys to the Game Contest!

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
keystothegame.png

Several seasons back, @Docsandy made a generous donation of some classic items to BGO. Thanks so much Sandy!

One of the items donated was a Redskins keyring collection, many of them are one of a kind collected during the glory days of the first Gibbs era.

That gift sparked in my little brain an idea for a new weekly contest, which we're cleverly calling 'Keys to the Game'.

To play, all you have to do is post in this thread. Each week, before kickoff, let BGO know what you think the key play, player, or moment that will turn out to be the 'turning point' or 'deciding factor' in the game will be. Remember that others may have similar ideas, so be as specific as you can. Give us the WHAT, the WHO, and the WHEN. You don't have to assume the Redskins win to make your guess - you can base it on an opponent's performance.

Do not describe the entire game or post a littany of things that could happen. The winning entry will be the member who makes a concise, clear prediction of a key play, player, or moment that turns the tide of the game.

For example, 'Late in the 4th quarter, with the Skins holding a slim 3 point lead and Pittsburgh driving for the winning score, Breeland intercepts a tipped Roethlisberger pass to seal the win'. You could also predict a specific player's performance such as 'The key to the game will be a record 5 sack performance by Ryan Kerrigan, one of which results in a fumble returned for a TD'.

The BGO member who, in staff's estimation, nails it or comes closest to predicting the 'key to the game' will receive a vintage Redskins keyring in the mail the next week.

Get predicting! :cheers:

PS - if you were a 2017 winner, and have not done so, please contact @Om via PM and give him your mailing address so we can settle up!

Let's get the party started...

Daron Payne starts his NFL career in highlight reel fashion. In a surprisingly low-scoring opening affair in Arizona, Payne forces a fumble, scoops up the ball, and rumbles 25 yards for the winning TD.

That's how you do it folks. What is your Key to the Game?

A long TD pass from Smith to Richardson late in the 3rd quarter puts us ahead for good.

I think our DL will step up, contain Johnson and keep the pressure on Bradford leading us to the win.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Our improved D-line and healthy Foster-Brown-combo holds Johnson to under 100 yards rushing in leading us to the W!

Sho Nuff - AP coming out like the dragon, 100 yards, 2 td's

Field goal by Hopkins in the fourth quarter is the final and deciding score.

Jay calls a wicked ass game with a run heavy tilt.

200 on the ground w/2 AP td's, the second one in the 4th qtr seals it.

Redskins offense calls too many pass plays, even after early success with the running game, it sputters terribly, and they manage 6 points in a 17-6 loss to open the season. The defense keeps us in the game until late when they are simply too tired to stop the Cards and give up another late TD.

All about the run.

AP gets his revenge on the Cards to the tune of over 100 yds and 1 TD

On the flip side our D-line shuts down Johnson.

Gruden breaks his duck on opening games.

Skins win 24-10

I'm going to award the win to @Knightingale this week (with honorable mentions to @Win4us, @SkinsOrlando, @Enforcer, and @MisterPinstripe). @Knightingale, please PM Om with your mailing address info :)

Okay people - time to get your Week 2 'Key to the Game' in...

I'll start. Paul Richardson has two long TD receptions in the 2nd half to lead another impressive Skins win.

Offense tops 500 yards total and basically grinds the Colts into a pile of bitch.

Their d is smoked by the 4th qtr and mccoy comes in during mop-up for the games final td. A 10 yard fade caught by Doctson.

Last edited:
Skins control the ball for around 40 minutes, Alex Smith has 2 td's and 240 yards, the ground game combined goes for 150 yards and a td, Skins prevail but its closer than expected.

Redskins offense calls too many pass plays, even after early success with the running game, it sputters terribly, and they manage 6 points in a 17-6 loss to open the season. The defense keeps us in the game until late when they are simply too tired to stop the Cards and give up another late TD.

Any prizes for the exact opposite?

Lol... isn't having that out there with your name attached to it 'prize enough'? :)

Any prizes for the exact opposite?

Oh I'm with ya usually. Jay has screwed up so many games by denying the run its ridiculous.

Sunday was a 180 tho, like he's an avatar and Joe Bugel was at the helm. Need that shit every week if we're to see paloffs.

Payne lays the hit making Luck toss a wobbler
Harvey-Clemons scarfs it up, like a Thanksgiving gobbler
A convoy of blockers clear a trail with some hits
As the backer takes it in for a big time pick six.

Ooooo I was close last week. :D I'll likely be way off this week! LOL

Here goes...

Script is flipped from a week ago.

Skins look nervous for the first half and are behind at halftime. We all get very nervous! We settle down after the half.... With that in mind here are my Keys to the game:-

The Skins score a 24 point 3rd quarter, Thompson with 2 TD's.

Final score: Redskins win 30 - 14

(Bonus key: I think Luck gets hurt this game after taking a sack)

I think this week, RK91 gets on the stat sheet. It appears that the Colts like to pass a ton, creating more opportunities for the pass rush.
2 sacks and a forced fumble, to lead the way to the home-opener win!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.