• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

2018 Keys to the Game Contest!

Skins test Colts run defense early - this drives tone of the game. Similar offensive strategy to last week with a bit more emphasis on mid to deep passing game. Wideout injuries constrain options for exercising the offense full throttle. Weather (damp field) influences options available for play-calling.

Another run-centric effort with liberal use of play-action. Defense ups pass rush pressure to keep Luck off balance but red zone scoring remains problematic.

Skins continue winning formula from season opener: 28-17.

7:04 left in 3rd quarter, 3rd and 8 from the Washington 42 yard line. Kerrigan with a sack / forced fumble that's recovered by Ioannidis. At this point we're up 27-10 and the turnover sparks a TD drive, putting us up 3 scores going into the 4th quarter... putting the game out of reach.

6 sacks, on top of multiple harassments throughout the game, thwart the best QB in football. Who has a bad knee.

24-13 Redskins

No winner last week. Get your 'keys' for Week 3 in people.

Pride game Sunday. Skins take the lead early in the 4th quarter but AP fumbles late and Rodgers does what he does on the ensuing game-winning drive. Packers prevail.

Offense sputters but better than last week.

Jay forgets to run the ball again and we lose it in the 4th.

31-20 packers

This week, on a Skins drive early in the 3rd Q deep in Packers territory the refs let Clay Matthews spearing call go on a sack, Smith fumbles, Rodgers leads the Packers to 24 unanswered 2nd half points, after the Skins took a 14-10 halftime lead. 34-14 Packers

No deep passing game as the Skins skillfully mismanaged their WR corps over the last several years. Rogers takes the Packers to an early lead. Gruden's core strength, designing a potent passing game, cannot execute without wideout talent. Packers put the game away by the third quarter.

GB 35 Skins 24.

This week is easy. One key and one key only:

Do the Skins show up.

If the team that played AZ shows up, it comes down to the vagaries of the game ... key turnover, ref's call, converted 3rd and long, etc. The usual between two NFL teams not called the Patriots on one end, the recent Browns on the other.

If the flaccid, somnambulant, sad excuse for a professional football team that took the field again Indy shows up, most of us will have turned the game off by halftime in favor of something more fun ... like undergoing exploratory dental surgery or appliance shopping on President's Day.

6 sacks, on top of multiple harassments throughout the game, thwart the best QB in football. Who has a bad knee.

24-13 Redskins

That was for Green Bay.

Now, for Norlins.

The key? Josh Norman. 1 pick, 1 forced fumble, excellent run support.

EDIT: Redskins win 38-23

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, if I gotta play with myself, I can.

This week's key?

Josh Freakin' Doctson and his 2 TD's

**** a Cowboy.

Redskins 31
Dallas 10

Chris Thompson plays in this one - and catches the winning TD to seal a late 4 point win.

RK91 FINALLY gets to the qb, with a strip-sack-fumble on Dak in the 4th qtr to ice the game.

That was for Green Bay.

Now, for Norlins.

The key? Josh Norman. 1 pick, 1 forced fumble, excellent run support.

EDIT: Redskins win 38-23

Wrong week. That was for Carolina. You gotta do better with the timing of your premonitions.

I'll go with the real key to the game, stopping Zeke Elliiot. The Redskins keep him under 100 yards, forcing Dak to throw more often that Dallas is comfortable with, and win 24-21.

Dak has been sacked 19 times already so Manusky sends the heat all day.6 sack game with Ion getting one in the 4th, a fumble, J. Allen scoops it and returns it 20 yards to seal the game.

27-17 skins

Hmmmmm

Battle of the RB's.

Elliott gets more yards, but Peterson gets the last laugh.

Adrian Peterson 2 TD's AFTER halftime as the Skins come from behind to clinch the victory in a rare second half show up.

Score 24-21 Skins win!

O-line doesn't allow much pressure on Alex Smith for once and we get 300 plus yards in the air and 3 td's eeking out a close game 27-24

Well, according to Brother El, Barkley isn't worth worrying about. So I won't.

Our key this week will be OLB's. Who will combine for 5 sacks and 2 turnovers.

Well, according to Brother El, Barkley isn't worth worrying about. So I won't.

Our key this week will be OLB's. Who will combine for 5 sacks and 2 turnovers.

Haha! That's not what I said...I said he was not worth the 2nd pick in the draft, just like Zeke wasn't worth the 4th pick 3 years ago.

Enforcer gets mad props for his prediction!

Haha! That's not what I said...I said he was not worth the 2nd pick in the draft, just like Zeke wasn't worth the 4th pick 3 years ago.

Enforcer gets mad props for his prediction!

Pretty sure during a pre-draft discussion, if not draft night, I expressed my concern of having to face Barkley twice a year, should the Giants draft him. And you basically said, not to worry. He'll be average, at best, in the NFL. Draft position wasn't part of that particular discussion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.