• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Guice and Garner our for 2018 Season

Probably get different %'s depending on what data source and how they are measuring. Regardless, the Redskins are pretty average in terms of % of passing play calls. It doesn't really matter as I think we all mostly agree that:

1) If you don't have an effective rushing attack, your offense will be one dimensional and easier to stop.
2) You need a bruising rushing attack that can convert 3rd and short and punch it in from inside 10 yards.
3) You need to stick with the rushing attack even when it's not particularly fruitful on a given day.

The Redskins during Gruden's time have not done those 3 things during his first 4 seasons. But it's not because he's 'pass happy'. Some of it's OL play. Some of it's scheme. Some of it's personnel (ie. RB talent). Some of it's lack of defense (getting behind early making it tougher to continue to try and pound the rock). Some of it's QB decisions at the line. And a lot of it is the head coach's philosophy.

All of those guys are gonna be waived, don't you think? Reed, Davis, and Sprinkle. Flanagan, Garner, and Hudson were always camp fodder - at least that's been my assumption... Flanagan is currently listed ahead of both Garner and Hudson on the depth chart for what that's worth.

Next man up is right. Btw - I think Kelley is a pretty good RB. People forget his 2016 production. If he hadn't been splitting time in the Matt Jones experiment, he'd easily have been 1000 yd rusher. I'm not saying he's Guice, but he's a helluva hard runner.

And that 2016 campaign was a very good one.
Not sure why some fans act as if it never happened.
It's easy to see why Gruden always says "I love Rob Kelley !"

Hmm, I thought Flanagan was camp fodder.
And I thought we'd keep 4 TE's.
We did last year, when we had Niles Paul.

It's possible. But I'm thinking after last year's rash of injuries we will opt to carry an extra OL, DL, or DB instead of a 4th TE. Could be dead wrong - I frequently am :)

Certainly a valid point - but our season won't hinge on TE depth - very well could on health at other positions though. Besides, you either stash a 4th TE on the PS or waive (highly probable at least one of them is home waiting for a call if we need him).

I'm in shock about this. Hope both recover from their injuries and can get back to what they were before.

After hearing about this now I totally get why Gruden didn't put in Alex Smith in the game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.