• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Skins Quotes 8/6/18: Mason Foster

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
August 6, 2018

LB Mason Foster

On training camp:
"It's going good, you know, we got a lot of great players, had a lot of new additions that are helping out, so it's going well, man. I'm excited, we got young guys working well in the building, asking questions so I'm excited man, I'm excited to see what they do on Thursday."

On his status as a veteran with the Washington Redskins:
"Yeah man it's great, it's great for me you know what I mean, I love it here, the fans are great so just try to keep on building day after day. Keep getting better and do whatever I can to help this team win."

On the anticipation of the preseason game using it to evaluate the younger players:
"I'm just looking to see them be physical, you know what I mean. They've been flying around all camp. I can't wait to see 'em go hit somebody else. You know [how] it gets—people get tired of hitting the same guys over and over. So, it's going to be exciting, man. We've got a lot of guys who are eager to play and want to get out there and make some plays. So, it's going to be exciting, man. For me, it's just, go through your stuff, get your routine down, get back to the routine and continue to work. It's still a work day. We've still got a little ways until we play our first game. So, getting into your routine, get your massages, get everything you need to do done and, you know, keep it rolling."

On playing DL Jonathan Allen and DL Daron Payne:
"It's big time. I was super excited when we drafted [DL Daron Payne]. He's a big time player man. Really athletic, has a great grasp with the defense already. Just a physical freak so, playing behind him is going to be great. He's eating up blockers, clearing lanes for me and [LB Zach Brown] to a run through. So, you know I love him man, he's making us look good."

On the depth at the running back position:
"They're all good players, man. Every single one of them brings something different to practice. I love the way they compete every day. If it's coming out of the backfield, running routes or pass protection, so, getting in the mix between Samaje [Perine], [Rob] Kelley, [Derrius] Guice; even some of the young guys, Martez [Carter] and all of them. They're just great man. CT [Chris Thompson] is CT. So that's always a handful to cover him, but at the end of the day it's great for us to see all of these different looks and get different types of running backs and play against because, you know, in this league, that's one of the major weapons teams are going to use."

On his importance to the team:
"You know, it's not about credit or anything like that. I just want to win – honestly. That's one of the main reasons why I wanted to be here and wanted to come back here. I feel like we've got a great group. But at the end of the day, I just work as hard as I can on the offseason to gain that trust, showing them that I am accountable, you know. I study my stuff and work my butt off in the weight room and at practice so, I think guys believe in me and trust me when I tell them something, when I make a call, or make a check, you know what I mean? And that's the whole reason why I work as hard as I do and spend as much time in the building and pull guys to the side and talk to them one-on-one. But as far as getting credit or being famous and the face of the defense or something, it doesn't matter to me – I'm happy to be a part of this team and this organization, and I'm just trying to do what I can to help guys be better."

On the weather at training camp:
"It doesn't really bother me, you know what I mean, its football. You have to be prepared for anything, you have to stay hydrated. One day it might be one hundred-something degrees, the next day it might be storming out here. But, I think its good for people to get in that mode, that mindset. You have to be prepared for anything because it happens in the games. You might get a rain delay or the field might be muddy and slushy so it's good to get in your routine and know how to handle these situations, so when you come across it during the season when it counts and money is on the line and the game is on the line that it's not surprising to you. It's something that you've seen before."

On the atmosphere of the locker room:
"Yes, ma'am. It's a win now. I think everybody feels that way. I felt like we were on the cusp of it last year and we got derailed by injuries and you know, whatever. But it's win now. We know what we have to do, we know what we're capable of and we have to keep it going and stay healthy, take care of our bodies. Keep studying, get guys ready to play no matter what and you can feel it, you know. Guys want to play, guys know what we can do. We got a great offense, we made moves and now it's on us to go out there and execute. So, guys are focused and locked in on everything we have to do, and it's just a shout out to the coaches for keeping us in that mode all since April until now."

On if there is pressure for the rookies entering their first preseason game:
"Yeah, it's always pressure man. You're going against the best athletes in the world and every preseason game is on TV so you have your whole neighborhood back home watching you. So, you want to make plays man, but you can't press too hard. You got to put that good film out there because at the end of the day, every team is watching this - watching that film. So you want to go out there and make a splash play, but you can't press too hard. Do your job and try to be as physical and show a lot of effort. That goes a long way and that's all you have to do man, really, [because you] can't press too much, then you end up lookin' crazy out there. So you got to go have fun man, enjoy it. I mean, you're putting on an NFL uniform for the first time. I remember I loved it, getting my socks together and the gloves and what I was going to wear. It's exciting. You have to enjoy it because it's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Take advantage of it."

On his first preseason game:
"It was crazy. I mean it was a lot of fun, my rookie year we had lockout so you know, I didn't have a lot of time to study and I remember just going out there thinking, 'I just wanna hit somebody.' It was against the [Kansas City] Chiefs and I'll never forget it, at Arrowhead [Stadium] man, and it was amazing riding the bus over there, you know what I mean. I recovered a fumble on, like, the second play of the game and kept the ball. I still got it to this day. So, it was a big time memory man. You just have to enjoy it and you know, it's really nerve racking, but it's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and lot of people don't get to experience that. So you gotta go out there and have fun with it. You know that's all it is."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.