• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Official Game Day Thread - Preseason Edition: Redskins @ Patriots

Neophyte

Ring of Fame
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
It's that time, kids. Preseason here at BGO just like it is in Richmond and Ashburn.

However, talk here about the game, before, during, and after. Hail!

What are you looking for? Who are you specifically looking at? Give everything you have to say about the Skins @ Pats right here.

BTW - I won't add a winner/loser poll to the preseason threads as no one really cares all that much about it.

You're a winner, Bob!

Even tho it's Preseason game 1, I will probably watch the whole game, because I'm perhaps most intrigued by the competition by our numerous young corners/DBs.
Can Danny Johnson really move ahead of Stroman and Alexander ?

I'll catch it Friday after work unless I find an internet feed not full of viruses, and I dont expect much but I do hope guice gets some carries atleast 5-10

If I were local I would probably watch, because football :) But honestly, I have almost zero interest in pre-season games. I'm actually a proponent of eliminating the pre-season entirely, as injuries suffered during meaningless games hurt the NFL a lot more than teams showing some rust early on would. What the NFL needs to do is to negotiate with the NFLPA to go back to more extensive practice and camp time, in return for reducing the pre-season to just 2 games. Or add the desired 2 extra games in season and eliminate preseason entirely.

Hate the preseason.

It will be on the NBC Sports Network, so you can see it if you have NBCSN as a part of your cable or streaming service.

Well, while we still have it, I look forward to seeing the new youngin's every year.

From the ones everybody expects to be good, to those that come out of nowhere, to shine.

It will be on the NBC Sports Network, so you can see it if you have NBCSN as a part of your cable or streaming service.

So it's national? Fun. Might have to tune in then.

If I were local I would probably watch, because football :) But honestly, I have almost zero interest in pre-season games. I'm actually a proponent of eliminating the pre-season entirely, as injuries suffered during meaningless games hurt the NFL a lot more than teams showing some rust early on would. What the NFL needs to do is to negotiate with the NFLPA to go back to more extensive practice and camp time, in return for reducing the pre-season to just 2 games. Or add the desired 2 extra games in season and eliminate preseason entirely.

Hate the preseason.

What you need is an UDFA man-crush, to get you excited about preseason games.

I'm fired up and looking forward to the season, but I also have mixed feelings about preseason.

I'm not sure why (it's on auto-renewal) but I'm paying $99 to see all of the preseason games again this year.

It looks like the game is not on NBCSN. A few people had it wrong. It is being shown on NBCSW. Some streaming services have NBCSW on their expanded services list.

Wanna see chemistry on both sides of the ball. Alex and wr's especially on offense. No fumbles, a run game used properly. Defense playing quick and sound. No out of position big plays or whiff tackles.

As always, no injuries is the #1 thing I want to see.

Beyond that, if Smith plays at all, I want to see a couple short timing patterns, completed. An out. A hitch. A screen.
That's it.

Then for the remainder of the game, with the 2's, 3's, and 4's, I'd like to see guys know the plays. Offense and defense.

Balance on offense with the run/pass. Some of these guys may have to start down the line. Need to be able to do both.

Defense needs to tackle well.

And please, for the love of everything Holy, I want to see someone.....anyone.....TAKE the job of punt returner from Crowder. Force Gruden to make the change that almost everybody else can see is desperately needed. Cause that's the only way it will happen.

It looks like the game is not on NBCSN. A few people had it wrong. It is being shown on NBCSW. Some streaming services have NBCSW on their expanded services list.

Is there a website that tells you which TV network carries each game ?
Redskins.com used to, but I think they stopped.
Actually, just checked. Apparently they show the channel name on game day :

NBC 4 • NBC Sports Washington

I'm guessing that 4 is the channel number in the DC area, which would mean it's not even a cable channel, but just regular NBC, right ?
Well if that's the case, it's not national. Because my area's NBC isn't showing the game.
I looked on my TV guide for my area and cable provider and I can't even find an NBCSW, for the entire listing.
Okay, I've realized that NBCSW is apparently a Washington-only network.

Last edited:
So, it means nothing in terms of the regular season ... but through the first 20 minutes of 2018, the Redskins on the road in NE have clearly have been the more professional, prepared looking football team.

We each get to decide what, if anything, that means.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.