• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Official Game Day Thread - Preseason Edition: Redskins @ Patriots

I should have turned it off at halftime. The Skins did.

I should have turned it off at halftime. The Skins did.

Just got out talented. It looks like our 3rd and 4th stringers are not that good, comparatively. Just have to hope our OL stays healthy because that seemed to be the one position that lacked depth most. And while I think Tim Settle is legit, I still would like to see us sign another DL and a talented veteran WR.

I don't think you can draw any real conclusions - from any pre-season game (or even a pre-season in its entirety). In fact, history shows it's meaningless in terms of predicting regular season success. But I'd rather look good in a first half of a pre-season game. Sounds like that's what we got tonight.

Haven't seen it but sounds like Colt shined in this one as he usually does. Hoping Guice's knee is okay - that's the most important thing to get from this one.

So how did the lines look early on verses the 2nd half?

Box score shows 2 different skins teams, 1 for each half.

So how did the lines look early on verses the 2nd half?

Box score shows 2 different skins teams, 1 for each half.
That's what happened.
Our 2's and 3's, offense and defense, dominated theirs in the first half. Lines looked good. Colt was clearly better than Hoyer. As he should have been.

In the 2nd half, their 3's and 4's dominated ours. They did have Hoyer continue to play, so he looked better against our scrubs, as he should have.

As long as none of the injuries are serious, it was a decent showing for the preseason, that means next to nothing.

Not a bad start! Second half in pre-season games is all about roster decision-making anyway.

I really liked secondary play in the first half. These guys are taller and all seem to have long arms - and they covered tight! Can't judge d-line since most of the starters were held out. Stroman stood out.

Talent looks a lot better to me.

No kneelers either!

I know it was just a preseason game and means nothing....

But it felt good last night to have football again, even meaningless football. LOL

My observations...

Settle looks good, can't wait to see Payne. Way too early to judge the D Line, and I'm looking forward to seeing more of the Starters especially on the OLine.

Guice showed some flashes, enough to make me optimistic about his season. Behind him I have no idea who's a lock and who's not. Kelley didn't impress but Bibbs looked good.

Biggest thing for me was how our receiving corps looked. In loads of the previews I read that are really down on the Skins they're all blaming our unproven Receivers, which I guess is fair. But I have a feeling it could be a real strength of this team. Sims looked particularly strong.

I'm really intrigued to see how the RB and Receiver battle shakes out.

Sims looked to me like he made the roster last night, unless he has a turrrrrible next three games.

Guice looked really good and promising. Just hope he's not banged up. Same with Matt Leonidas... ;)

Should have just turned off the game after halftime. Looked like the 2017 'Skins D was out there. Hogan is absolute dumpster juice and zero percent chance we carry three QB's on the final 53. I was teetering, now I believe it.

I didn't get the game here last night but followed Kiem on Twitter. He had really good things to say about a couple of corners and a linebacker too (I'll learn names if/when they make the 53).

All in all, he sounded upbeat about what he was watching.

I didn't get the game here last night but followed Kiem on Twitter. He had really good things to say about a couple of corners and a linebacker too (I'll learn names if/when they make the 53).

All in all, he sounded upbeat about what he was watching.

There was a lot of talk about Stroman, and he did play well. The LB was likely Dion Hamilton who was a lot of places, too. But the only player who really impressed me in the 2nd half was Tim Settle. He was breaking through single teams with ease, and on the double teams, he chewed up enough space that our ILB's had straight lines to the RB. That dude will be good, I can see him uprooting Ionnidas from the starter position...and that is not a knock on Ionnidas.

And ntotoro is correct, Hogan is hot garbage!

Wait, I thought Hogan was a Hero! Was famous back in the day.

Or something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.