• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

9th Annual BGO Ballers Fantasy Football League

Kel Varnsen

2019 BGO Ballers Champ
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Alma Mater
High Point
Welcome to the 9th Annual BGO Ballers Fantasy Football League thread! Training camps have begun and the Redskins kick off preseason this week. It's time to get our annual Fantasy Football League started! The league is always a fun time where we can compete with each other and see who really is the best (fake football) GM on this board. Come see if you are able to dethrone the reigning champions Special K in league 1 and Kel Varnsen in League 2.

What I need to know right now is if you are interested in playing in the BGO Ballers Fantasy Football League this year. If you wish to play, post in this thread and I will update the thread with all those who are interested in playing. If you wish to play in 2 leagues, please indicate that as well. We will accommodate as many people as are interested in playing.

You do not want to miss out this year, so sign up today. All you need to do is reply in this thread that you want to play and I will setup the leagues and invite the players. Once we have the leagues set, we will work on setting the draft date to try and accommodate as many as we can.

Previous winners:
2017: Special K, Kel Varnsen
2016: Ax, Win4us
2015: Boone, Burgundy Burner, Shi no Tenshi
2014: Drumlinboy/Shi no Tenshi
2013: Dead Money
2012: Dead Money
2011: SkinsFan76
2010: Lanky Livingston

2018 Players
1. Kel Varnsen
2. Ax
3. SkinsOrlando
4. Elephant
5. Boone
6. Posse Lover
7. Special K
8. Canadian Hog
9. Win4us
10. SilentThreat

Last edited:
One for sure. Can do two if needed to complete a second league.

Thanks Kel

I'm in for one.

I'm in for one

And thanks for stepping up for that slacker Shi, Kel!

Let's go folks... if we want to have a FF league we need players. Chime in please.

I'm good for a league! If you need me to win both, I can play in 2 leagues :devilish:. Jk jk! Excited to play, thanks for stepping up Kel!

I will gladly play in one league and take the honour of finishing in last place.

- CH

Missed this thread somehow. I'm down for 1 or 2 if there's still room.

We are still looking for players. This league is always fun. It helps build some camaraderie between us members. Please post in this thread if you want to play. We have 9 so far and definitely need 1 more to have a league of 10. If a few more signup, we can have a league of 12. But don't let that deter you from signing up. We will get 2 leagues going if we have enough interest.

I will need to set the signup cutoff for next week. We will need time to get everyone signed into the league and set a draft date. So don't wait. Sign up now by posting in this thread!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last call for anyone interested. Invites to the league will go out in the next day or two. If you want to play in the league and don't see your name in the OP, please post here.

Right now we have 1 league. We will open more leagues if more people sign up. There are several who signed up who will play in multiple leagues if needed. So if you want to play, let me know. We have a spot for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck to everyone playing this season.

Last edited:
I sent a PM to all users who expressed interest. Please let me know if you don't get the invite. Even though I work in IT, I'm social media illiterate so I may not have sent the PMs correctly.

The league rules and scoring are the same as last year. We will use 1 QB, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 K, 1 DST, 6 bench spots.

As for the draft date, in the years past, it seemed we drafted around or after the last preseason game. That gives us a window of 8/30 - 9/4. I know Labor Day weekend is always tricky, but we will try to pick a date and time that works for as many people as possible. Hopefully we find a date that can work for everyone. I will propose dates on Thursday, but be thinking about what will work.

I think we all agreed Wednesday after the last pre-season game was best, even though it was inconvenient for one player. Regardless, 8pm EDT is always about the best time of day for me.

And thanks for stepping up, Kel!

Can the Friday the 7th draft date be changed? Sometime between Aug 31 and Sept 5th.
Falcons and Iggle players will be automatically benched in week 1, if not.

I'll be on vacation with questionable internet access, regardless. Auto-draft is sure to pick somebody from one of those teams.

Edit: My bad. I see we need everyone signed up to make the change. Yes?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.