• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

OF: Redskins Video Treasure

Om

Burgundy & Gold Jacket
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
The Daily Redskin 1.30.10

If you're reading this, chances are you also read the Redskins Official Blog and have already seen the post about the new Redskins page on Hulu.com.

There are certain things you can't leave to chance, however, so if you happen to be a Redskins fans and have not yet heard about this, please allow me to seriously make your day...

More...

Last edited:
I wonder how many of these are the videos I have done for torrents. I have a lot of old games, 82 Championship, 91 Championship, etc. Have the full Super Bowls too.

Thanks for the link, Om. This will save me a lot of futile searches on Youtube for links to Redskins Past.

As anyone who's seen my 'Night Gallery', 'Outer Limits', or 'Cosmos' threads over on The Noosphere probably knows, I love Hulu :)

Pretty cool stuff, I just wish there were more of it...

Nice that they have one of my favorite games, the 2005 Eagles season-ender where we came back in the 2nd half to win in highly dramatic fashion (Sean Taylor scooping up a fumble and swan-diving into the endzone) to seal a playoff berth. Blade and I followed Taylor down the sidelines screaming the whole way on that play. It brought tears to my eyes.

Last edited:
Looking back on some of this old film, it reminds me of how amazing NFL Films truly is. They truly capture the essence of the game not only though the images, but through their music and even in the narration. Someone please bring John Facenda back from the dead.

John Facenda had one of history's GREATEST voices. His final voice-over work for NFL Films was the highlight film for Super Bowl XVIII.

Speaking of old Super Bowl Videos, the NFL Network is running the Super Bowls from I to current and the Redskins are on w/ SB VII at 11pm tonight, XVII at 4am, XXII at 6am and SB XXVI at 8am Sunday 01/30/10.

Oh yeah, DVR is set. LOL!

Last edited:
The "Three Cheers for the Redskins" might be the most entertaining bit of Redskins Film I have ever seen.

Being born after the George Allen era, wow, what a guy. I can only imagine how this city reacted to him in 1971

Being born after the George Allen era, wow, what a guy. I can only imagine how this city reacted to him in 1971
It was cool.

Very, very cool. ;)

Of course, if message boards were around back then, the pissin and moanin would have been the same as it is today.

I'm glad they weren't.

Yeah, it seems like Allen brought a lot of excitement to the city that hadn't been there since the Sammy Baugh days. It's a shame he never could win the big one here in D.C. His conservatism was his best gift and greatest flaw.

I think his greatest 'flaw' was letting his personal feelings regarding Sonny Jurgensen and Billy Kilmer color some of his coaching choices. I admired Kilmer for his toughness and general gamesmanship, but Sonny was the far superior QB. I always felt Allen favored Kilmer purely because he and Sonny didn't 'mesh', not because Kilmer gave them a better chance to win.

I think his greatest 'flaw' was letting his personal feelings regarding Sonny Jurgensen and Billy Kilmer color some of his coaching choices. I admired Kilmer for his toughness and general gamesmanship, but Sonny was the far superior QB. I always felt Allen favored Kilmer purely because he and Sonny didn't 'mesh', not because Kilmer gave them a better chance to win.

Bingo!

His not allowing Sonny to be on the sideline during SBVII was one of his worst decisions, ever.

Sonny and Billy both talked of how one would help the other, when in that position, as one QB to another.

Might not have changed the outcome. But, it might have.

We'll never know.

I have some old games on VHS, which need to get converted to DVD's. Great site, since basically snowed in on a weekend with no live football. Think will plug in a Super Bowl DVD. Question is which of the three...

Can you imagine how our team would've been had Allen put his personal feelings about Jurgensen behind him and let him do what he did best? We probably would've been better than Dolphins, Raiders and, yes, Cowboys were in that decade. We probably would've been the Steelers of the National Conference.

That 1971 video was a lot of fun. I knew we lost to SF in the playoffs, but never really studied the details (I was only 4 at the time) and watching us miss a 4th and 1 and seeing the Niners take control is painful to see, sort of like watching the recent playoff games we had against Seattle.

I'd love if someone posted a similar video about the '72 season, or perhaps snippets from the broadcast of that year's NFCCG against Dallas. From what I understand, if you weren't at RFK, you didn't see the game on TV, unless you were watching outside the DC area.

Anyone know how to download videos off hulu? I would like some of them.

I'd love if someone posted a similar video about the '72 season, or perhaps snippets from the broadcast of that year's NFCCG against Dallas. From what I understand, if you weren't at RFK, you didn't see the game on TV, unless you were watching outside the DC area.
Don't have any video, but I watched the game on tv. Just over the DC line in PG county. Never heard anything about not being able to watch the game on tv in this area.

And, at least for me, it was even better than the second time we whooped their ass in the Championship game because, well, it was the first. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.