• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The 2018 BGO NFL Pickem Contest is Here!

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
nflpickembanner.png

It's that time of the year again - time to man (or woman) up and put your game prognostication skills to the test. BGO runs the most competitive NFL Pickem contest you'll find anywhere. Last season, it was Kel Varnsen who came out on top and won our grand prize. Maybe this year, you'll be crowned champion? This year's top prize will be an official NFL jersey customized to your choosing. Prizes will also be awarded to our 2nd through 4th place finishers. The 'Swami Award' is a special prize given to a player who has a perfect week of predictions, something never accomplished in 9 years of contests.

This year's contest will again use an all 'web-based' platform. If you have played previously, you are all set and don't need to do a thing (if you've forgotten your log-in credentials, contact Boone who can provide them). For new players, once you set up your email and password, you should be ready to start picking games. If you are newly registering, please enter your BGO Username as your 'Alias'.

This year's rules will remain the same. Pick every game's winner and make sure you also fill in the score of the tie-breaker game by making your best guess as to the cumulative points that'll be scored. Those tie-breaker points could decide winners at the end of the year.

Remember that if you forget to pick an early Thursday game, you can still select winners for the remaining games, you'll just take a loss on the game you missed. Most wins picked at the end of the Super Bowl wins. We encourage you to play the pre-season games, especially this year since the software has changed, or if you've not competed in our Pickem contest previously.

To register and make your picks each week, visit www.pocketofficepool.com

So what are you waiting for? Register for the 2018 BGO NFL Pickem Contest!

Remember. In the end, there can be only one. :cheers:

Last edited:
If you plan to play in 2018, please chime in here :)

Looking forward to playing again this year and holding down the fort in the basement of the standings!

I'll do my usual - start slow, rise like a bullet, then fade down the stretch :)

Just a heads up - we will have our 9th annual BGO NFL Pickem contest this year! If you've played previously, no need to do a thing - just PM me if you've forgotten your log-in information.

I'll be playing again this year. I have a title to defend. With a little luck, I can do it. Well, actually it will take a lot of luck, because really I know nothing. If I did, I'd gamble like crazy and be rich.

I'll be playing again this year. I have a title to defend. With a little luck, I can do it. Well, actually it will take a lot of luck, because really I know nothing. If I did, I'd gamble like crazy and be rich.

You're the only guy ever to win both contests in a single year - that's pretty unbelievable!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's just preseason, but it's fun to prac-tize making picks.

And, insuring you're all signed up and ready for the regular season.

It's just preseason, but it's fun to prac-tize making picks.

And, insuring you're all signed up and ready for the regular season.

Yes - this is a good idea. I don't anticipate any problems, but making sure the software is working for you (and that you can make picks successfully) before games that count is a great idea!

I'm in, until I forget as usual, I'll need my login info though

Enroute to @Kel Varnsen - the grand prize for our 2017 Champion ...

ae15ee414ce02dd7c821dd236d7341b5.jpg

59fd08fa7d355104d5ca84e48f7fc18e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iamin.jpg

All over this.

@Om - you always look mahvelous...

Time to jump into the contest folks. There will be some great swag/bling we give away this year to our top finishers. If you plan to play, make sure you log into your account now and ensure you are able to access the game software. We recommend you make picks for one of the remaining pre-season games to ensure you are good to go for the regular season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.