• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

What do you MOST need to see in Richmond?

What do you MOST need to see in Richmond?

• Alex Smith needs to show he's really THAT QB

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • I want to know that Guice is the homerun-hitting steal we all think he is

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Josh Doctson needs to prove he's a #1 NFL WR

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I need to see the beginning signs of a dominating DL and defense

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • I need to see Jordan Reed healthy and ready to dominate

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • I need to see that our young CBs can make us forget the Kendall Fuller trade

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I need to see that the OL is effective and that we can address questions at LG and C

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
Training Camp marks the official start of NFL excitement - it's really the beginning of the 2018 campaign for NFL fans. The Redskins have experienced lots of change since 2017 ended with a fizzle. What aspect of the team are you most focused on as Redskins football kicks off in just a few days?

It's the DL, and how they come together, stays healthy, and stacks up against the run that will dictate the success of this season. I think Alex Smith is a better QB than Cousins, so the offense shouldn't drop off. Stop the run and the team can win 9 games.

The ability to run and to stop the run.

You need an All Of The Above option! LOL

It's a tough question because I want them all. But.... to take them in order:

Alex Smith needs to show he's really THAT QB - Not so much, I have faith he'll be at least as good as Kirk and whatever my/our thoughts on Kirk the QB wasn't the biggest area of problem for us the past few years. 5th on the list for me.

I want to know that Guice is the homerun-hitting steal we all think he is - Right up there. Running has been a big problem for us historically, it would be awesome to see this fixed. With Thompson back, Guice on deck and ThinRob coming back if the O-line can block properly then we should be in good shape. 3rd out of the 6 items for me.

Josh Doctson needs to prove he's a #1 NFL WR - Meh 6th on the list for me. I have faith he'll be good this year, but I don't think a breakout season for him is necessarily a key to our fortunes. While we might not have a weapon that truly strikes fear into CB's league wide yet, we do have some nice weapons and Smith strikes me as the kind of QB that'll use them. I think our passing game will be fine regardless of him having a break out season.

I need to see the beginning signs of a dominating DL and defense - Now this is where I see our fortunes rising or falling. This is where our playoff potential begins for me. This is the thing I'm most interested in seeing. Is there a kernel of something special here with Allen, Payne, Settle etc. Number 1 on my list.

I need to see Jordan Reed healthy and ready to dominate - Never gonna happen! LOL I use the word faith a lot above... I have no faith in Reed staying healthy. I hope it happens... I hope he's still a dominant force... but it's no higher than number 4 on my list.

I need to see that our young CBs can make us forget the Kendall Fuller trade - Number 2 for me. I have confidence that the Offense will be at least average this year, possibly very good. All about the D this year. I want to see a strong showing in all phases of the D for us.

So in recap...

Show me the D-Line, show me the Secondary, show me the running game, show me Reed can stay healthy, show me Alex has the right arm and lastly show me Doctson with lotsa touchdowns.

I hear you on Jordan Reed. I don't think it's possible to muster a lot of faith. But IF he were to have a relatively healthy season, coupled with having a QB under center who is the best West Coast offense manager on the planet - it could be a dominating combination that could create all kinds of positive effects...

All I want out of Richmond is good health.

Won't really know anything until week 1 live fire.

1. No worries about Smith.
2. We'll see if the running game is better. And whether or not Gruden will learn how to use it.
3. If Doctson has it in him, Smith will get it out of him.
4. The dline has great potential. But they're young. There will be growing pains. Overall defense, if just healthy, HAS to be better.
5. I would continue to listen to ANY offer made for Mr. Rice Paper. Get the backups every rep I could.
6. Kendall who?

All of the above is a good option.

I am curious to see the overall impact of the 2018 and 2017 draft classes. The same for any of the UDFAs from these two classes. Thinking these players will start to form a nucleus that bodes well for the future of this franchise.

#1 might be high on the priority list, but it's last on the entire list of concerns.
Smith is Mr Consistent, and has been maybe the most consistent player at any position for the past 13 years.
Would you believe he has actually averaged less interceptions per season of play than Brady ?

Most excited to see and most 'need' to see are 2 different things for me. I voted for what I'm most excited to see and that's the D-line.

What I most 'NEED' to see in order to feel better about this team isn't on your board. Its the ability to function as an O-line despite not addressing the LG position. I don't fault the team for not addressing it because we can't fix everything in 1 offseason as far as personnel goes. Now we need to scheme correctly to be effective. I need to see that Chase has taken the next step as a starting C in the NFL and he can control the alignment. I need to see protection coverages called with the idea that the LG is never man to man against some of the better interior d-lineman. I need to see that Lauvao is not going to be a true liability.

Most excited to see and most 'need' to see are 2 different things for me. I voted for what I'm most excited to see and that's the D-line.

What I most 'NEED' to see in order to feel better about this team isn't on your board. Its the ability to function as an O-line despite not addressing the LG position. I don't fault the team for not addressing it because we can't fix everything in 1 offseason as far as personnel goes. Now we need to scheme correctly to be effective. I need to see that Chase has taken the next step as a starting C in the NFL and he can control the alignment. I need to see protection coverages called with the idea that the LG is never man to man against some of the better interior d-lineman. I need to see that Lauvao is not going to be a true liability.

That's a great point @SilentThreat - added that option and your vote :)

What do I need to see?

Proactive moves by the front office.

If Shawn Lauvao doesn't look capable early on we need to bring in another vet or make a deal.

Ditto with Jordan Reed's health. If he is back to being a week to week player in re injuries in camp and the preseason we need to admit the truth, get him on IR with a designation and make a deal for a younger TE.

Unfortunately, the past couple of years we have prayed and hoped for these players to get well, get on the field and perform consistently but in the end we have to move on undermanned at those spots.

In 2018 I don't want to be scouring the NY Giants practice squad for a starter at left guard.

Let's not go through that again.

The defense really needs to come together in 2018. There is a lot of promise there, and if we get the elevated production we're hoping for out of the likes of Payne, Allen, Smith, Nicholson, and Dunbar, combined with some of the more established pieces we already have like Kerrigan, Norman, Brown, and Swearinger, we have the makings of a pretty solid unit on defense that will give us a chance to win more often than not.

I personally think that one thing that cannot be overlooked (while maybe not as big a concern as some others) is depth at outside linebacker. Especially considering that Preston Smith is heading into a contract year. A year ago in training camp, I think most felt pretty comfortable being able to combine the likes of Kerrigan, Smith, Murphy, and Gallette. On paper, we were pretty set there. This year, it's a lot of question marks behind Kerrigan and Smith. We definitely need Ryan Anderson to show up and prove that he's worth the second round pick we spent on him. Personally for me, he's one of the guys I'll have a keen interest in following over the course of camp and the preseason.

I need to see a healthy team leave Richmond to go back to Ashburn.

The Oline needs to prove it can play at a high level. we cannot afford injuries or suspensions. i doubt lauvao will be good enough, we need a free agent.
The Dline needs to play at a high level. they need to stay healthy and show constant improvement.
We need a receiver to step up. I have no faith is Reed staying healthy but davis has been solid.
I think Smith will be an upgrade so will our new back.
Our secondary looks like it could be solid, if they can make plays and our dline can get pressure, it will be a much better defence. it would be nice to have a decent all around team

It was tough to choice between the D-line and Guice but I ultimately chose the later. If Guice proves to be legit then the offense will be controlling the ball, which will help the line by keeping them off the field. The less the other team has the ball the less chances they have to score.

It was tough to choice between the D-line and Guice but I ultimately chose the later. If Guice proves to be legit then the offense will be controlling the ball, which will help the line by keeping them off the field. The less the other team has the ball the less chances they have to score.

I think his is the single most destructive factor over the course of the past 10 years for the Redskins...the fact that our defense, already handicapped by sub par interior lineman, kept being forced to go back out on the field.

But I chose DL because the offense is schemed well enough, with the talent they have to score points.

Newbie here. I'd like to see a coaching staff that coaches winning into the soul of the team.

Elephant you gonna post hard times next, classic, I saw the reference to

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.