• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

BGO Hot Topics: Yay or Nay?

New BGO Hot Topics Module - Yay or Nay?

• Yay - I like it. Helps me see what's currently going on more easily.

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Nay. It just clutters up the Forum Page.

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • I'm hungry - make me a sandwich.

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
I created a new module that's located at the top of the 'Forums' screen for those of you accessing the full site. One thing that our current version of vBulletin has always lacked is a list of most recent topics/posts. We do have some of that information in our sidebar, but felt there was a need to make the current converations a little more visible. I still haven't decided if I like it or not.

What do you think - is it helpful or just an eyesore?

I wouldn't use the term eyesore, but...since you did. :)

I'm leaning towards ditching it. But if folks find it helpful don't want to do it without some feedback. I think as time goes on, a lot of us are using Tapatalk which makes the question irrelevant...

It's not bad. I usually just use the sidebar but I'll use it if it's there. Shrug.

Regardless John, I know how hard you work, then family, and then BGO...thank you so much for providing us with the opportunity to come and enjoy Redskins' talk without all the distractions. I find the feature unnecessary, but it's not burdensome.

I use it to keep up with Redskins news, and as I live in Australia, I don't care for the basketball, ice hockey or baseball. Some would, but I don't. Using the sidebar, or 'Hot Topics', allows me to see what has been posted lately, and whether or not it appeals to me.

Thanks Brian and thanks guys. I think it's redundant to the sidebar as well, and also am not crazy about how the Forums page looks with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.