• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The 9th Annual BGO Ballers Fantasy Football League NEEDS YOU!

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
We are looking for a 'Commish' for this year's BGO fantasy football league. @Shi no Tenshi has graciously taken on the responsibility for years, but real life calls and he simply can't reach out to it this time around. We give undying thanks to him for unselfishly manning the helm in previous contests, but we need someone else to step up for the 2018 campaign and serve as league commissioner.

Only prerequisites, you will need to get the league up and running, be a fair and low-key arbiter of any disputes or disagreements which arise, and you must be willing to run the league for the duration of play.

Volunteers get a cookie and our sincere appreciation.

Well, I wish I knew how. And, I wish I had the time.

I'm also more the "My way, or the highway" kind of ruler. (Shocking, huh?)

But I sure hope someone can do it. Cause I do enjoy playing.

I may be taking in more than I can handle, but I can give it a shot. I've played in the league the past few years and I be played in others as well. Besides, I would hope no matter how I do, I will still be more liked than Goodell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Kel - that's awesome! Shouldn't be that much work...setting it up and posting a thread recruiting the players for this year (and also if we need to have more than 1 league)...once that's done, it pretty much runs itself. I'm thinking that @Shi no Tenshi can walk you through logging in and creating the league as we get closer. We would appreciate you taking on the commish role this year! And of course, you are welcome to play and try to repeat as champion.

Hey Kel - that's awesome! Shouldn't be that much work...setting it up and posting a thread recruiting the players for this year (and also if we need to have more than 1 league)...once that's done, it pretty much runs itself. I'm thinking that @Shi no Tenshi can walk you through logging in and creating the league as we get closer. We would appreciate you taking on the commish role this year! And of course, you are welcome to play and try to repeat as champion.

You're welcome. I'll give it a shot and see what happens. When do we normally start announcing and recruiting? The start of training camp or earlier than that?

Not sure how early we started but I would think August would be a good kickoff time since it gives us a month to figure out who will play and if we need more than 1 league?

Let's see who has the cojones to draft Cousins

Just let me know if you need anything, Mr Varnsen. I think I may even be able to transfer the yahoo stuff over to you if it is desired to stay on that site.

History says you will get the regulars signed up by first week of August, with others showing up through that month, but I always tried to draft the week before the start of the season, after final cuts. That just lets everybody know who not to draft from preseason injuries and the like.

And I could see McD5 drafting Cousins. :p

I would stick with Yahoo - with a new commish it'll be easier for everyone. Kel may need some help setting up the initial league/leagues if you can reach out to that much Shi we would greatly appreciate it!

VETERAN MINIMUM PLUS INCENTIVES!!!

Wait, wrong thread.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.