• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Skins Make Roster Moves 5/3/18

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
For Immediate Release
May 3, 2018

REDSKINS MAKE ROSTER MOVES

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have made the following roster moves:

The Redskins signed the following college free agent:

PLAYER POS. HT. WT. COLLEGE
Sean Welsh OL 6-3 306 Iowa

The Redskins released the following player:
OL Orlando Franklin

-REDSKINS-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remember this move later in the summer. Welsh is someone we had mocked a few times and he could make the roster. Franklin being released is not a surprise.

Dunno brother...but getting pretty damn tough to make this particular 53...

Welsh has a very good chance. He is listed at the team site as a center. Yes, he would be the backup center. He also has experience as a guard, but being listed as a center is very interesting. All part of a plan it seems.

He's getting a lot of attention for an UDFA for sure. Sounds like some draft guys expected him to go as high as the 4th, so definitely a steal as an UDFA. Guess the knock on him is that he's a little undersized? Has played guard, tackle, and center - probably best fit to be a backup center and OL depth guy.

One thing to watch - he has a serious depression history that he's very open about. On medications but he did take a season off in college to deal with it. Hopefully, he's got a lot of support to help him manage the stress of the next year or so.

Orlando Franklin hasn't done much in the league since going to a Super Bowl with Denver in 2013.

He was always a space filler in my mind.

Remember this move later in the summer. Welsh is someone we had mocked a few times and he could make the roster. Franklin being released is not a surprise.

Sounds like he's good enough to be swiped off the PS by another team, as that's been happening all too often lately.
Just once I'd like it go the other way around, and have us find a gem on another team's PS.
Seems like the only time I recall us doing that, was not out of diligent scouting, but only out of desperation, when we ran out of RB's and pulled Byron Marshall off of Philly's PS.

Don't worry, Shaun Lauvao is back to take that roster spot.

Jay's love child with an showgirl has returned.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.