• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Bruce Allen Statement Regarding Redskins Cheerleaders

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
For Immediate Release
May 3, 2018

STATEMENT BY REDSKINS TEAM PRESIDENT BRUCE ALLEN REGARDING CHEERLEADERS IN NEW YORK TIMES ARTICLE

“The Redskins organization is very concerned by the allegations involving our cheerleaders in the recent New York Times article. We are immediately looking into this situation and want to express how serious we take these allegations. Based on the dialogue we've had with a number of current and former cheerleaders over the past 48 hours, we've heard very different first-hand accounts that directly contradict many of the details of the May 2 article. I can promise that once we have completed looking into this matter, if it is revealed that any of our employees acted inappropriately, those employees will face significant repercussions.

“Our entire organization has great appreciation and respect for our cheerleaders. From the work they do in the local community, to visiting our troops abroad, and for always representing the Redskins organization in a first-class manner, these women are exemplary members of our organization and are worthy of our utmost respect. We are proud of these women and support them during this time. We will continue to take all necessary measures to create a safe and respectful work environment.”

-REDSKINS-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kind of what I've been saying, although no one will believe Bruce... and he does deserve a lot of that.

Once the virtue signaling ends and the facts start to emerge, the story will likely be different. It always is, otherwise they don't take five years to come to light.

It's amazing to me this took 5-6 years to come to light.

That said, the fact the team takes the cheerleaders down to Costa Rica, doesn't pay them for their time, and then asks them to wine and dine and 'be nice' to sponsors and big money season ticket-holders isn't some thing that is going to make the team look good.

If they really want the cheerleaders to have protection, treat them like real employees, pay them a standard salary and do away with the 'be nice' to our sponsors mentality.

Has this been verified or could it possibly made up? Like a former cheerleader who got cut and is pissed kinda thing.

Tough to tell. A couple cheerleaders who were there refuted the whole thing on TV last week. Of course the peanut gallery will say they were paid off and etcetera.

As long as there are journalists no story is ever really over. The word that most certainly was pushed out by the Redskins was that the source for this 'story' was a disgruntled former employee. Whether the story itself is accurate or false doesn't really matter for me. I think adult 'cheerleading' squads are, by definition, exploitative. They pay these girls almost nothing, dress them up in skimpy clothes, pose them for calendars, and have them do routines that show more T&A than some cable channels.

No one loves the female human form more than I do. But pro cheerleading is about sexual imagery. I wish we'd join the teams that have actually evolved beyond that kind of thing. It's just not a good look in the year 2018.

When a story like this quietly goes away, it's usually because something came up that blew the whole thing out of the water. There's nothing more than especially the local media would love than to hammer Snyderallen on something like this.

Cheerleading is such a misused term anyway. They are nothing but props.

As long as there are journalists no story is ever really over. The word that most certainly was pushed out by the Redskins was that the source for this 'story' was a disgruntled former employee. Whether the story itself is accurate or false doesn't really matter for me. I think adult 'cheerleading' squads are, by definition, exploitative. They pay these girls almost nothing, dress them up in skimpy clothes, pose them for calendars, and have them do routines that show more T&A than some cable channels.

No one loves the female human form more than I do. But pro cheerleading is about sexual imagery. I wish we'd join the teams that have actually evolved beyond that kind of thing. It's just not a good look in the year 2018.

Thank you for saying this. I was thinking about posting something along these lines since this story broke. But every time I started to write it, it didn't sound right. I don't want to downplay some of the accusations if they are true. But the whole idea of football cheerleaders is about selling sex or more accurately the allusion of sex. I figured everyone knew that and just looked the other way or accepted it. I would be all for the Redskins ending the cheerleader squad.

Would be interesting to see, by comparison, how much of a “football-reaction” you get from fans, if you had a bunch of men showing off their physique.
To show what I mean, line up a bunch of Robert McCunes in tank tops and tight shorts on the sidelines, and see how many guys in the stands will be “cheering” and "**** yeah !"-ing the Redskins.
In fact, here's an idea. Take all the guys on the Practice Squad, put them in those tight outfits that they wear at the combine, and have them jump up and down, showing off their Vertical Leap. The crowd will go ****ing nuts !

Last edited:
Would anyone like to see images of our cheerleaders from a local professional photographer?

Looks like he got his ass crowned.

That went right over my head...and then it didn't :) Lol...

Is he well known in the area? I've never heard his name mentioned, like ever

Is he well known in the area? I've never heard his name mentioned, like ever

Sorta has the old ‘sacrificial lamb' feel to it.

Mmm... lamb....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could go for some lamb chops with some spicy bbq sauce. Maybe a baked potato backer with sweat tea?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.