• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Welcome to the Redskins Derrius Guice!

Guice indicated he didn't know why all this bad attention was being sent his way right before the draft.

Hopefully he didn't lie about that :kungfu:

Yeah, someone needs to get hold of this kid, quick.

Take him outside, hand him a shovel and ask, "Hey Derrius, what's your dirt doing here in Boss Jay's hole"?

I appreciate the humor, but other than maybe being a little less mature than some of his peers (which given some of the challenges he's faced growing up might be understandable), what exactly has he done to deserve the snark and lecturing? I think we have this guy unfairly pegged as a problem child. How bout we wait until there's reason to badmouth him? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He could end up being the steal of the draft. Even if he hasn't made the smartest decisions in the past, hopefully he doesn't make any more false reports and becomes an above average runner for 5-6 years

I appreciate the humor, but other than maybe being a little less mature than some of his peers (which given some of the challenges he's faced growing up might be understandable), what exactly has he done to deserve the snark and lecturing? I think we have this guy unfairly pegged as a problem child. How bout we wait until there's reason to badmouth him? :)
Well , I can only speak for myself, but lying is something that can be problematic. If he will lie about something as stupid as questions at the combine, he'll lie about anything.
and while I certainly don't buy the NFL's conclusions without some skepticism, they look to be correct in this case. Given the opportunity to give his side, after being drafted, he's declined. Claiming what past is past, wanting to drop it and move on, strongly suggests, at least to me, that there is some validity to notion that he lied, and now doesn't want it to be proven.

Going forward, he may be trouble free. I certainly hope so. I hope we're looking at the guy who sets the new All Time NFL rushing record, while wearing the Burgundy & Gold. But as it is, should something happen that's a "he said/they said" situation, he will not get, nor should he expect, any benefit of doubt. For a time, his reputation will precede him.

And for the record, the Cool Hand Luke reference was nothing short of brilliant. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.