• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

2018 NFL Draft Discussion

We hit needs on the d-line with a hammer for once. Both Payne & Settle, whaaaat?!?!

Tomsula should have a damn good rotation to mold now.

Settle could be a starter if we didnt have other big road graders in front of him
Allen, Payne, Ioadianis, Settle, and lanier that should strikefear into some opposing lines

Say goodbye to Terrell McClain and probably Ziggy Hood as well, although Hood was a trooper for us and played out of position for 2 years while we went without a NT.

McGhee is better than McClain and played better the second half of last year but he is another guy that is not worth his contract. We gave him $20M over 4 years and truthfully HE is the kind of player you give a one or two year deal to for a modest signing bonus.

Funny we played 'hardball' with Johnathan Hankins this year who is a much better player but we just pulled up the truck and gave McGhee more than he probably expected to get (?) :(

So, now according to the draft board we picked Guice more than a round later than he should have gone on talent and Settle was supposed to be a third round pick we selected in the fifth round :)

Getting some value. Nice to see.

Did you see Kiper's breakdown on Christian? 'He needs some work but provides the upside to be a starting LT in the NFL down the road'.

I thought he would play RT, but if he can legitimately come in and groom under Trent Williams that is a big get for us.

Does getting rid of Mcclain & McGhee net us any comp picks? Either way I'm all for letting them the Mcphuck go!

Does getting rid of Mcclain & McGhee net us any comp picks? Either way I'm all for letting them the Mcphuck go!

No not unless they hit free agency after their contracts are up

Gotcha. At this point I'd say atleast 1 if not both need to go.

On paper, this can go down as one of the best and smartest drafts we've had in a long time. The front office and scouting department have legitimately given us a chance with the guys we've brought in via the draft this year. It's now incumbent upon the coaching staff to mould that potential into solid pro players. With what we were able to get in the later rounds (specifically Settle) it makes the Guice selection look even better (especially for those like me who were a bit concerned with the pick and would have opted for Josh Jackson instead). That said, I'd be curious to know if their grade on Fabian Moreau a year ago was higher than that of Josh Jackson?? Overall, the draft has was very educated on the part of our franchise...no complaints. If I have one minor critique, it would be interior depth on the oline. Left guard still is a question.

So we get to pick Mr Irrelevant this year? Kinda cool I guess

So we finally get one of those mini honkey receivers for the slot huh?

A few picks are puzzling but I'm thrilled we went with trenches in 3 of the first 5 picks. That's unheard of in modern redskin era. Better late than never.

In whole, I'm liking this draft.

I just have to pray that we didn't take Reed Doughty in the fourth.

In whole, I'm liking this draft.

I just have to pray that we didn't take Reed Doughty in the fourth.

Apke's a waaaaay better athlete than Doughty was.

4.35 speed? Reed couldn't get that with roller skates and an ACME rocket strapped to his back.

Doughty was all heart and smarts. Loved his guts but he just didn't have the skill or speed. Apke can play over the top with his speed and should help on Special Teams.

I can guarantee you we didn't take Reed Doughty in Round 4.

This guy has 4.34 speed and can cover.

Gentlemen. I love this draft! I'm just saying, out of all the picks we made, this is the most risky.

He was slotted in the 7th round prior to the combine. He flew with amazing speed and moved way up. Mayock and others had him in the sixth. We took him in the fourth.

Without googling, can anyone think of a white safety in the history of the NFL that ever succeeded besides John Lynch?

It was a roll of the dice. That's all I'm saying.

Cliff Harris - 70's Dallas Cowboys.

Jake Scott - '72 and '73 Miami Dolphins.

Gary Fencik - '85 Chicago Bears.

How about Harrison Smith with the 2017 Minnesota Vikings? One of the best in the NFL.

BT, you're going back 40 years in most of those cases.

I believe we can all agree that it would be highly unusual.

Not impossible by any stretch of the imagination, but rare. Especially for a one year starter in college--regardless of the player.

Harrison Smith is a current player.

I never want to label a position as 'belonging' to X or Y in a sports because sports is the ultimate democracy.

You never know where the next star talent is going to come from.

I hope nobody thought Russell Wilson was a poor pick in Seattle in 2012 because he was an African- American quarterback.

I was hoping we were beyond that.

I'm hoping he's a trailblazer. It would be a fantastic story.

I'm assuming you saw the combine. Deion Sanders wouldn't shut up about him because he had never seen a white person run that fast.

Most thought he would go in the sixth. Here's to him breaking stereotypes:)

Steelers were high on Apke I know. Don't know if they would have taken him in the 4th or not
Sometimes you get these prospects that pundits have in the lower rounds and they perform better other times you have guys that are high on pundits draft boards and they fall and then when you draft them in the fifth you know why they fell.
He is an excellent athlete ran track and played recieved in high school but didn't have a lot of interceptions.

But he only started one year in college so if he outperforms his draft position we got a nice steal.
He will mainly be a special tester his first year paying some nickel defense. Lots of upside with him

Gentlemen. I love this draft! I'm just saying, out of all the picks we made, this is the most risky.

He was slotted in the 7th round prior to the combine. He flew with amazing speed and moved way up. Mayock and others had him in the sixth. We took him in the fourth.

Without googling, can anyone think of a white safety in the history of the NFL that ever succeeded besides John Lynch?

It was a roll of the dice. That's all I'm saying.

Eric Weddle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.