• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The Search For Our Next GM

McD5

The Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Florida State
Louis Riddick is my dream pick and prediction.

Would he sign on? Or does he have better options?

I'd much rather see our current group finally get this thing cranked up.
I am always hopeful that good things will happen for our team.
The whole team. From the owner down to the cleanup crew.

But if I were to allow myself to ponder the "worse case scenario" some seem to long for....
I'd like a guy who can improve our talent evaluation.
Starting with the head coach. If Allen is replaced, it will be due to his 1st acquisition (Gruden) sealing his fate.

With Dan Snyder as the owner, for a GM to be successful here he has to be someone that already has a reputation in the game, somebody that Snyder and whoever else is in the Executive Suite is going to give enough room to make the team over and construct trades and free agency moves without anyone looking over his shoulder.

To me that is not Louis Riddick. He has never been on a part of a football operation that has achieved any great success.

He seems better suited to being a TV personality and network analyst than a guy that is going to grind 12-14 hours a day in a job where he is at the same time going to fend off the inside political intrigue that seems to plague this organization.

Then Director of pro personnel from 05-07.

(Must of had happy fingers and hit enter during previous post. My bad.)

Yeah, but is that the kind of experience you want to brag about now? :joker:

The Falcons are in love with offense.

The problem for them is they lost the Super Bowl because they couldn't stop Tom Brady throwing the ball to a collection of solid but unspectacular receivers.

Atlanta should be investing in secondary help but here they go adding to a strength.

This reminds me of Matt Millen drafting receivers #1 three years in a row 'because they were the best player available'.

Well, if that's the case then trade down, pick up picks and build your overall team.

You can't stockpile that many players at one position under the cap.

Kyle Smith seems to be the one here that is actually doing the detailed personnel work. He is thought highly of around the NFL as an up and comer.

I think Williams and Smith could run the front office, with Smith a likely successor to Doug at some point.

The Falcons are in love with offense.

The problem for them is they lost the Super Bowl because they couldn't stop Tom Brady throwing the ball to a collection of solid but unspectacular receivers.

Atlanta should be investing in secondary help but here they go adding to a strength.

This reminds me of Matt Millen drafting receivers #1 three years in a row 'because they were the best player available'.

Well, if that's the case then trade down, pick up picks and build your overall team.

You can't stockpile that many players at one position under the cap.

They lost because Kyle Shanahan tried to get cute like he did here, all too often leaving their defense on the field too often.

They lost because they couldn't make a stop on defense in the second half.
Falcons were 27th ranked defense
This year pats couldn't stop the run and it showed in the Super Bowl when the gave up 148 yards they were 30th against the run.
Eagles were not that good of a defense 17th DVoa. A little improvement in our defense will go a long ways as long as we stay healthy

Big props to Bruce, Doug and the staff for the decisions we've made in the first three rounds. It hasn't always been pretty, but I love seeing this FO coming out swinging in the draft. Huge praise deserved!

Again, I think Kyle Smith may be our future GM.

He has become more influential in re the draft and personnel moves the past year or two.

He seems to be on a similar trajectory to Sean McVay, everyone that sees him work says he is going to go far.

Hopefully in Smith's case he doesn't go too far away from DC :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.