• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Skins Acquire QB Kevin Hogan

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
For Immediate Release
April 6, 2018

REDSKINS ACQUIRE QB KEVIN HOGAN

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have acquired quarterback Kevin Hogan and a 2018 sixth-round pick (No. 205 overall) from the Cleveland Browns in exchange for a 2018 sixth-round pick (No. 188 overall).

Hogan (6-3, 218) was originally selected by the Kansas City Chiefs in the fifth round (No. 162 overall) of the 2016 NFL Draft. After joining the Browns on Sept. 5, 2016, he appeared in eight games with one start for Cleveland, completing 60-of-101 career passes for 621 yards and four passing touchdowns in addition to rushing 18 times for 176 yards with one rushing touchdown.

Hogan played collegiately at Stanford, playing in 50 games for the Cardinal and setting school records for offensive yards (10,634), most career wins by a quarterback (36) and most career rushing yards by a quarterback (1,249). He earned second-team All-Pac-12 honors as a senior in 2015.

A native of McLean, Va., Hogan, 25, attended Gonzaga College H.S. in Washington, D.C., where he compiled 4,762 passing yards and 37 touchdowns in three seasons. He was born Oct. 20, 1992.

-REDSKINS-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That 6th came to Cleveland from the Pats. I was wondering why it was such a low 6th.

Here's Hogan's college stats

9295C052-E7AE-4D75-A39F-583D5F924819.jpg

Hogan's Heroics

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_ct3dRIM4Ic

Last edited by a moderator:
Kid has some of the ugliest mechanices I've ever seen from someone that actually got drafted. Look at his feet - they're either spread as wide as humanly possible, or he's leaving his feet on throws. His passes look like wounded ducks for the most part. Not an NFL arm. I'm not opposed to picking up a 3rd QB - but giving up draft position for a guy with what looks to me to be very limited potential? Meh. I'd much rather we drafted a guy in a QB rich year in the later rounds if we wanted a project.

Agreed.

I don't mind cheap moves but sometimes when you go to a yard sale something you see for sale for $1 is worth just that, $1. No more.

Agreed.

I don't mind cheap moves but sometimes when you go to a yard sale something you see for sale for $1 is worth just that, $1. No more.

Yeah, this feels like one of those times my wife comes back from the store and says.... "Look what I got! They were selling these at two for a dollar."

To which I'll reply, "We don't need one of those let alone two!"

To which she'll say, "Yeah, but two of them... for a dollar."

To which I'll mutter, "I'd rather still have the dollar."

To me this feels like an 'I'd rather still have the dollar' scenario. *shrugs*

Again, I think either Jay Gruden or someone in the front office scouting had a woody for Hogan in 2016 and because he got taken by the Chiefs ahead of the Redskins pick it was an opportunity to pop the hood and look at the engine so to speak.

Again, I think either Jay Gruden or someone in the front office scouting had a woody for Hogan in 2016 and because he got taken by the Chiefs ahead of the Redskins pick it was an opportunity to pop the hood and look at the engine so to speak.

Could be. I also wouldn't discount the Alex Smith connection (although Smith would've just had a brief window to work with Hogan since the Chiefs released him and he never made the roster after spending a 5th round pick on the guy). Wonder if this could be a combination of your theory and Alex Smith feeding the Skins braintrust some positive feedback on Hogan? At the very least, you'd have to believe that the Redskins queried Alex as to what he thought about KH before pulling the trigger?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.