• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Family

Docsandy

The Starter
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score
When things aren't going well, people (or at least me) tends to turn to the familiar.. and to me that's family.

I've said many times that you are my second family; and that chats here are like being with family watching a game.

My family outside of here suffered two losses within a week. Friday, Feb 2, my oldest brother's wife, Evie, died fairly suddenly. I was scheduled to be in Maryland this weekend as it's the weekend of the annual scifi convention I co-chair. I drove down last Saturday (the only day weather-wise I was going to make it) and attended Evie's funeral Monday. Then proceeded to get ready for the convention. My niece and sister were still in Wheeling. My niece and her husband went to my house to pick up my sister and head down to the convention. Unfortunately they found she had died in her sleep.

So yeah... the week from hell started and I'm still waiting for it to stop. I am at the convention, there was really nothing I could do in West VIrginia since any burial or services will be here. Her daughter and significant other went to West Virginia to make whatever arrangements she wanted made. So I'm physically here with a group of people I've seen in some ways grow up from kids to adults to parents and I'm also "here" in BGO because the Redskins have been a big part of my entire family's life for so long.

Sorry for the vent. I know reality is going to hit. "real things" like how do I avoid losing the house, how do I even walk back into that house, unimportant things like that... will take over. Just not looking forward to it.

So sorry to hear this Sandy <3

I'm very close to my siblings so I can only imagine how tough a loss that is. One of the hardest things about getting older is the increasing likelihood that we are going to experience loss of friends and family. We love you and are here for you if there's anything we can do for you! Again, so sorry...

Oh Doc I'm so sorry to hear this news. You're in my thoughts and prayers

Massive hugs and much love from the [emoji636]

I'm so sorry to hear about what's going on with you. All I can do is echo Boone's sentiments and say if there's anything we can do just holler. I feel your hurt, we're going through a bit of a family thing here too at the moment, so believe me I understand your need to have a safe familiar place to go to.

I know I'm a fairly recent addition to the BGO family, a lot of you guys have been friends for a long time it seems. I feel honoured to be included in this family in some small way. The way you guys welcomed me and the way you all support each other is a joy. Your greetings in chat always made my week! :D

Never be sorry for venting, that's what we're here for. To be an outlet when you need it, to keep you sane when everything is driving you crazy.

I'm sure if you needed to talk, maybe take your mind off things we can still get a chat scheduled. Don't need a game to have a chat! :)

Whatever we can do.
Love and hugs, thoughts and prayers
x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you @Boone, @Win4us, @Knightingale, and everone... I so appreciate the support. I will write more later (computer battery down to 5%).. and at the risk of sounding cold/mercernary... her death really hasn't hit me totally yet as I was at the convention all weekend and my mind was kept busy on that.. now that I have a chance to decompress.. I can feel that it will be hitting.. but not only that... I dropped my computer when packing it to go over to the hotel Thursday and dropped it. I have a spider-type crack in the corner that extends over half the screen... so far it's at least surviving until I can get home and get stuff backed up but geesh. And I will be coldly honest.. I haven't been able to avoid the fact that she paid half the mortgage/utilities. Just don't know what I'm going to do and this is not something that you go up to your brother and say "Hey, can I borrower $XXXX.. every month? ::shaking head::

Anyway.. I knew I'd get the support here... not be judged, etc. My niecce has decided on a charitable organization for memorial donations:

Memorial contributions may be made to Days End Horse Farm at www.defhr.org.

And IF you are interested, her obituary can be found here:

http://www.kepnerfuneral.com/obituaries/Charlotte-Bunny-Aisquith/

Thank you again all for your support and being my family away from family. I do appreciate it! Prayers for my niece (her daughter) as well as the rest of the family is appreciated.

Oh And @Knightingale I think I speak for everyone when I say the measure of our friendship isn't measured by how long we've known each other... you're an integral And important member of this group. But... @Boone correct me if I'm wrong...once you log in here there's no leaving...that is assuming that you have paid your initiation fee...
@

I'm now home in Wheeling to work 2 nights before going back to Maryland to my sister's memorial service. It's tough coming up with $$ for services these days and it was no different for us. ::sigh::. So I had to drive back to Wheeling to work 2 nights only to drive back to Maryland tomorrow (Thursday) for the memorial service on Saturday.

It's been a tough couple days being in this house without my sister in it.

Thanks for listening.

Oh And @Knightingale I think I speak for everyone when I say the measure of our friendship isn't measured by how long we've known each other... you're an integral And important member of this group. But... @Boone correct me if I'm wrong...once you log in here there's no leaving...that is assuming that you have paid your initiation fee...
@

I wondered why Tapatalk always automatically reinstalls itself every time I delete it! :D

This forum is part of my daily routine now, sometimes I'm too busy to properly respond of put a post in, but I always read what is being talked about. I love the banter here and the informed discussion. I can't tell you how much I've learnt just being privvy to the conversations that go on here.

It is a family here and that's why I love it :D

Sorry you're still having such a rough time. Our thoughts are with you and if you need anything that's in our power to provide just holler. :)

Rough isn't strong enough, @Knightingale. I still feel numb, like it hasn't all happened. I go into the house and expect her there and she's not... but my mind erases the thought that she will never be there. And aside from all the emotional crap, I could stand to lose the house because there's no way I can afford the expenses on my own ::sigh::. But the bottom line is that I just feel numb; like I have no feelings about losing either my sister-in-law or my sister, just about within a week of each other, and both unexpected. Sortof like I'm just cold to it all when I shouldn't be.

::sigh::

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.