Thread: Family

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Blog Entries

Default Family

When things aren't going well, people (or at least me) tends to turn to the familiar.. and to me that's family.

I've said many times that you are my second family; and that chats here are like being with family watching a game.

My family outside of here suffered two losses within a week. Friday, Feb 2, my oldest brother's wife, Evie, died fairly suddenly. I was scheduled to be in Maryland this weekend as it's the weekend of the annual scifi convention I co-chair. I drove down last Saturday (the only day weather-wise I was going to make it) and attended Evie's funeral Monday. Then proceeded to get ready for the convention. My niece and sister were still in Wheeling. My niece and her husband went to my house to pick up my sister and head down to the convention. Unfortunately they found she had died in her sleep.

So yeah... the week from hell started and I'm still waiting for it to stop. I am at the convention, there was really nothing I could do in West VIrginia since any burial or services will be here. Her daughter and significant other went to West Virginia to make whatever arrangements she wanted made. So I'm physically here with a group of people I've seen in some ways grow up from kids to adults to parents and I'm also "here" in BGO because the Redskins have been a big part of my entire family's life for so long.

Sorry for the vent. I know reality is going to hit. "real things" like how do I avoid losing the house, how do I even walk back into that house, unimportant things like that... will take over. Just not looking forward to it.
    0 0 0 0

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!
    DocSandy

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Marine Corps Virginia

Default Re: Family

So sorry to hear this Sandy <3

I'm very close to my siblings so I can only imagine how tough a loss that is. One of the hardest things about getting older is the increasing likelihood that we are going to experience loss of friends and family. We love you and are here for you if there's anything we can do for you! Again, so sorry...
    0 0 0 0

Subscribe to our BGO Mailing List

You ain't bonafide

2016 BGO FF Champion
    BGObsessed

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Air Force

Oh Doc I’m so sorry to hear this news. You’re in my thoughts and prayers
    0 0 0 0

“A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week.” - George Patton

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Massive hugs and much love from the

I’m so sorry to hear about what’s going on with you. All I can do is echo Boone’s sentiments and say if there’s anything we can do just holler. I feel your hurt, we’re going through a bit of a family thing here too at the moment, so believe me I understand your need to have a safe familiar place to go to.

I know I’m a fairly recent addition to the BGO family, a lot of you guys have been friends for a long time it seems. I feel honoured to be included in this family in some small way. The way you guys welcomed me and the way you all support each other is a joy. Your greetings in chat always made my week!

Never be sorry for venting, that’s what we’re here for. To be an outlet when you need it, to keep you sane when everything is driving you crazy.

I’m sure if you needed to talk, maybe take your mind off things we can still get a chat scheduled. Don’t need a game to have a chat!

Whatever we can do.
    Love and hugs, thoughts and prayers
    x

Posted With Tapatalk
    1 1 0 0

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Blog Entries

Thank you Boone, Win4us, Knightingale, and everone... I so appreciate the support. I will write more later (computer battery down to 5%).. and at the risk of sounding cold/mercernary... her death really hasn't hit me totally yet as I was at the convention all weekend and my mind was kept busy on that.. now that I have a chance to decompress.. I can feel that it will be hitting.. but not only that... I dropped my computer when packing it to go over to the hotel Thursday and dropped it. I have a spider-type crack in the corner that extends over half the screen... so far it's at least surviving until I can get home and get stuff backed up but geesh. And I will be coldly honest.. I haven't been able to avoid the fact that she paid half the mortgage/utilities. Just don't know what I'm going to do and this is not something that you go up to your brother and say "Hey, can I borrower $XXXX.. every month? ::shaking head::

Anyway.. I knew I'd get the support here... not be judged, etc. My niecce has decided on a charitable organization for memorial donations:

Memorial contributions may be made to Days End Horse Farm at www.defhr.org.

And IF you are interested, her obituary can be found here:

http://www.kepnerfuneral.com/obituar...unny-Aisquith/

Thank you again all for your support and being my family away from family. I do appreciate it! Prayers for my niece (her daughter) as well as the rest of the family is appreciated.
    0 0 0 0

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!
    DocSandy

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Blog Entries

Oh And Knightingale I think I speak for everyone when I say the measure of our friendship isn't measured by how long we've known each other... you're an integral And important member of this group. But... Boone correct me if I'm wrong...once you log in here there's no leaving...that is assuming that you have paid your initiation fee...
    @
    0 0 0 0

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!
    DocSandy