• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

2017 BGO NFL Pickem: Final Contest Results

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
nflpickembanner.png

The Super Bowl is over. And we have a winner in our 2017 BGO NFL Pickem Contest!

All HAIL @Kel Varnsen, our 2017 Champion!

Incredibly, we had a 3 way tie at the top with @Kel Varnsen, @JohnssBass, and @DixieFlatline each notching an incredible 176 wins on the season - a 66% pick accuracy rate. After all those games, it came down to tie-breaker points to decide our top 3 spots. Congrats to our top 4 finishers as follows:

2017 Champion: @Kel Varnsen
Runner Up: @JohnssBass
3rd Place: @DixieFlatline
4th Place: @Jimbo

Rounding out our top 10 finishers for 2017:
5th Place: @redskins26
6th Place: @MisterPinstripe
7th Place: @Ax
8th Place: @RobinTom
9th Place: @Boone
10th Place: @DieselPwr44

Our Champion wins a customized official NFL Jersey (or an equivalent prize if that doesn't strike your fancy Kel) and also gets to sport the coveted 'BGO Prophet' pickem champion avatar for the next year.

BGO%20Prophet%20125.png

Our 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place finishers will receive some nice prizes of our BGO staff's choosing. Congrats to our 4 Prize Winners! Please PM @Boone with your names and home addresses and we'll get those prizes out asap.

To the rest of our contest players, thanks for playing this year. Next year, may you add your name to the Hall of Pickem Fame here at BGO!

To see all Super Bowl Weekend Results, log in to your Pocket Office Pool account, open the 'Recap Report', and sort to 'Weeks Record'.

To see Final Season Results, log in to your Pocket Office Pool account, open the 'Recap Report', and sort to 'Season Record/Pts'.

I want them tested for Performance Enhancing Picks stat. PEP's is a serious infraction and goes against “the spirit of legal picking”.

Congrats Kel and crew!

I knew I only had one chance and that was to pick to stupid eagles. I didn't think they would win. Heck, when Pederson went ultra conservative with 2 minutes left, I still thought the Pats might win. Then the Hail Mary and I still thought they would somehow tie it and win in OT. I guess there is a silver lining to seeing the eagles win. Also, I can't believe I figured out the points right this time. Last time I had a chance to win, I didn't understand the points and went the wrong way. Ironically, I change my point total 5 minutes before kickoff but I'm glad it didn't hurt.

Thanks Boone for putting this on. I always enjoy all these contests and I encourage everyone to play all the contests we have as they are all very fun.

Congratulations, Kel! And thinks Boone for organizing. It's always fun to be part of these games.

Special kudos to @JohnssBass who really was in the driver's seat heading in to the Super Bowl. The title was his with an expected Patriots win, and he really had no choice but to go with the favored team. Tough way to lose it but great job nevertheless!

Congrats Kel and all! And Thanks Boone for putting this one!

Special kudos to @JohnssBass who really was in the driver's seat heading in to the Super Bowl. The title was his with an expected Patriots win, and he really had no choice but to go with the favored team. Tough way to lose it but great job nevertheless!

Yeah, that was my whole reason for picking the iggles. If I was in 1st place, I would have taken the Pats. Tough spot to be in when the underdog wins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats to Kel! It doesn't matter where you're at during the season, just where you finish & Kel finished in 1st.

...and as a Redskins fan I'm used to saying this...just wait till next year!

Congrats Kel!!

Thanks for putting on this contest Boone!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.