• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins offense in 2009 and 2010

Spence

The Rookie
Reaction score
QUARTERBACK: B

2009: Jason Campbell established career highs in completion percentage [64.5%], passer rating [86.4], passing yards [3618] and touchdown passes [20] despite having a weak running back corps, an under-achieving receivers and arguably the worst offensive line in the NFL. In addition to problems with the roster, Campbell also dealt admirably with a complete breakdown in the offensive coaching staff, with a new [or really old, depending on how you look at it] play-caller being brought in midseason. He did miss some open receivers and hasn't really proven he can win a big game, but when you look at what is likely to be available in the draft and free agency, Campbell looks better and better. One thing is for certain: Jason Campbell proved he is one of the toughest players in the league this past year.

2010: Campbell will likely be a restricted free agent...
Read it all.

"2010: The team is in desperate need of a new left tackle, a new right tackle, a new right guard and probably a new center."

:toilet:

Given that the only bright point in our office is the presence of two pretty good tight ends, I wonder if the two tight end set becomes our base set.

"2010: The team is in desperate need of a new left tackle, a new right tackle, a new right guard and probably a new center."

:toilet:

Given that the only bright point in our office is the presence of two pretty good tight ends, I wonder if the two tight end set becomes our base set.
I would make the 2-TE offense the base set and just get rid of Mike Sellers. He got a new contract and promptly had his worst season ever.

My thinking is Portis will or may have already lost his hall pass to Snyder. Shanahan has had experience with Portis and his demands. I see Shanahan and Allen not tolerating his antics.

Portis knows he is not dealing with a rookie coach and yes man GM this time around. How this all plays out will be the most interesting.

Sellers did have a down year. I believe the problems were from locker room influences (Portis) and not the new contract.

I would make the 2-TE offense the base set and just get rid of Mike Sellers. He got a new contract and promptly had his worst season ever.

Its hard to look good as a fullback when the OL in front of you can't block.

Its hard to look good as a fullback when the OL in front of you can't block.

Neither can he anymore......especially when the Skins ran stretch plays (zone blocking schemes) and whiffed regularly. Todd Yoder did a better job.
Trust me, I watched the games right after the reports of Portis crying to the coaches to bench Sellers to see if he was right.

He (Portis) was right.

Also, LG may need to be replaced as well. Dockery's skill set really doesn't fit what Shanahan does.

The real question is, will the Skins draft a QB in the 1st round? If they do they can't trade down and get more picks to fix that O-line. I feel the same way as most keep Campbell and fix the O-line. I am just not sure that is what the Skins are going to do.

What makes the upcoming offseason and draft so intersting is we don't know what the Skins will do. If Vinny was still here he would have leaked enough information so we would have a good idea of our plans.

The beauty of Allen and Shanahan is they will run the off season like a real NFL team. There will be plenty of smoke and mirrors.

What makes the upcoming offseason and draft so intersting is we don't know what the Skins will do. If Vinny was still here he would have leaked enough information so we would have a good idea of our plans.

The beauty of Allen and Shanahan is they will run the off season like a real NFL team. There will be plenty of smoke and mirrors.

hard to believe we're actually a real franchise again and not a madden/fantasy football team anymore.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.