• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Skins Sign CB Dunbar to Multi-Year Extension

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
For Immediate Release
January 1, 2018

REDSKINS SIGN CB QUINTON DUNBAR TO MULTI-YEAR EXTENSION

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have signed cornerback Quinton Dunbar to a multi-year contract extension. Full terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Dunbar (6-2, 197) originally joined the Redskins as a college free agent wide receiver on May 11, 2015. Since transitioning to cornerback in training camp during his rookie season, he has appeared in 40 career regular season games with seven starts, compiling 65 career tackles (58 solo), 18 passes defensed, three interceptions, one sack and one fumble recovery.

This past season, Dunbar recorded career highs in games played (15), starts (four), total tackles (28), solo tackles (24) and passes defensed (eight). In Week 7, he recorded the third interception of his career, picking off Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Carson Wentz.

Dunbar played collegiately at Florida, where he appeared in 49 games with 23 starts as a wide receiver from 2010-14. He recorded 111 career receptions for 1,500 yards and eight touchdowns for the Gators.

Dunbar, 25, attended Booker T. Washington H.S. in Miami, where he earned first-team All-Dade honors in 2008. He was born July 22, 1992.

-REDSKINS-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Nuts boiled in oil? What a great Harvest Fest idea!"- Bruce

Some day, you guys will make sweet love together. I hope to be there to see it.

42e070dc1faa830563528586e91273ce.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deez nuts roastiiiing... it a vat of ooiiiilllll....

Be thankful. The original Teddy Bear pic had me romping in the middle of them :) #NSFW

With Dunbar, Fuller and Moreau in the backfield the Redskins finally have some depth to survive the departure of a mercurial player like Breeland that could be outstanding or get benched for subpar performances.

This is exactly the model we need to use at other positions such as along the OL and DL.

We need to have younger guys pushing out guys like Shawn Lauvao or Terrell McClain who are below replacement level to us.

Agreed. We need to keep guys that have shown durability and consistently produced - not the superior 'athletes' who either can't stay on the field, perform when they are in the mood, or have attitude or diva issues.

I'd rather lose with the guys who don't have those issues than occasionally win with the ones who do.

Yep, at some point we are going to have to admit we will be starting 34 year old Vernon Davis in 2018 for at least half the games if we bring Reed back.

We need to find a two-way TE that can catch passes and block at the point of attack. Hard to find I know but we have to resolve the current situation because it isn't good for the offense to have this kind of revolving door at a key position in today's game.

This is what Will Blackmon had to say about the signing :

This was a must to resign Quinton Dunbar. He is a heck of a player. Would have been a steal if he hit the market. One of the most fearless players I ever been around. A great student of the game. He is Young, 6'2 can cover & can run! Hard to find that. Awesome story.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.