• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Free Agency, Mock Drafts, Camps, Roster Predictions, 2018

Wonder if the Skins will be players for Aaron Colvin, likely Jaguars FA. He played nickel back for them, but he's pretty talented and only 26 years old. Has the talent to potentially move outside or even be a safety. He might be one to watch early in FA.

The Colvin Case: Valuable Player, but at What Price?

@Burgundy Burner has referenced him in his FA write ups.

Last edited:
Thank God that Barkley isn't coming into our division. Wow.

Thank God that Barkley isn't coming into our division. Wow.

I watched about 6 Penn St games over the course of the year and his production, especially late in games wore thin as the season progressed.. I don't think he'll be a great RB in this league.

Last edited:
Thought it would be interesting to post some draft simulations using FanSpeak's draft simulator. Just to simplify things, I identified biggest team needs (in no particular order) as RB/LB/DL/WR/S/CB (x2) and picked the best player available at position of need using Walter Football's big board rankings. Here are some draft simulations based on those parameters:

Draft #1
R1P13 DL DA'RON PAYNE ALABAMA
R2P12 CB MIKE HUGHES CENTRAL FLORIDA
R4P13 WR KOREY ROBERTSON SOUTHERN MISS
R5P12 RB ROYCE FREEMAN OREGON
R6P14 S CHASE HANSEN UTAH
R7P13 LB DORIAN O'DANIEL CLEMSON
R7P23 CB DAVONTAE HARRIS ILLINOIS STATE

Draft #2
R1P13 S DERWIN JAMES FLORIDA STATE
R2P12 CB ISAIAH OLIVER COLORADO
R4P13 CB KAMERON KELLY SAN DIEGO STATE
R5P12 C BRADLEY BOZEMAN ALABAMA
R6P14 WR DAURICE FOUNTAIN NORTHERN IOWA
R7P13 RB JOHN KELLY TENNESSEE
R7P23 DL JERRY TILLERY NOTRE DAME

Draft #3
R1P13 CB JOSHUA JACKSON IOWA
R2P12 LB RASHAAN EVANS ALABAMA
R4P13 WR AUDEN TATE FLORIDA STATE
R5P12 CB KEVIN TOLIVER LSU
R6P14 S DAMON WEBB OHIO STATE
R7P13 RB JUSTIN JACKSON NEBRASKA
R7P23 DL DEADRIN SENAT SOUTH FLORIDA

Draft #4
R1P13 CB DENZEL WARD OHIO STATE
R4P13 WR AUDEN TATE FLORIDA STATE
R6P14 CB JAYLEN DUNLAP ILLINOIS
R7P13 DL CHRISTIAN LACOUTURE LSU
R7P23 S MARCUS ALLEN PENN STATE

Draft #5
R1P13 DL VITA VEA WASHINGTON
R4P13 WR KOREY ROBERTSON SOUTHERN MISS
R6P14 CB JAYLEN DUNLAP ILLINOIS
R7P13 CB D'MONTRE WADE MURRAY STATE
R7P23 S JESSIE BATES WAKE FOREST

Thought it might be fun to do a couple where they go pure BPA.

BPA Draft #1
R1P13 DL DA'RON PAYNE ALABAMA
R2P12 G WILL HERNANDEZ UTEP
R4P13 CB JAMARCUS KING SOUTH CAROLINA
R5P12 CB KEVIN TOLIVER LSU
R6P14 WR MICHAEL GALLUP COLORADO STATE
R7P13 RB JUSTIN JACKSON NEBRASKA
R7P23 EDGE MIKE MCCRAY MICHIGAN

BPA Draft #2
R1P13 QB SAM DARNOLD USC
R2P12 C BILLY PRICE OHIO STATE
R4P13 LB MARQUIS HAYNES OLE MISS
R5P12 TE IAN THOMAS INDIANA
R6P14 LB SHAQUEM GRIFFIN CENTRAL FLORIDA
R7P13 P MICHAEL DICKSON TEXAS
R7P23 DL ZAYCOVEN HENDERSON TEXAS A&M

BPA Draft #3
R1P13 S MINKAH FITZPATRICK ALABAMA
R2P12 WR CALVIN RIDLEY ALABAMA
R4P13 RB ROYCE FREEMAN OREGON
R5P12 WR TREY QUINN SOUTHERN METHODIST
R6P14 WR KOREY ROBERTSON SOUTHERN MISSISSIPPI
R7P13 TE JORDAN AKINS UCF
R7P23 LB TRE' WILLIAMS AUBURN

BPA Draft #4
R1P13 LB ROQUAN SMITH GEORGIA
R2P12 C BILLY PRICE OHIO STATE
R4P13 CB KEVIN TOLIVER LSU
R5P12 WR SIMMIE COBBS INDIANA
R6P14 WR KOREY ROBERTSON SOUTHERN MISSISSIPPI
R7P13 TE RYAN IZZO FLORIDA STATE
R7P23 LB LEON JACOBS WISCONSIN

Interestingly enough, in many of the simulations I ran, a highly rated QB was there at 13 - sometimes Mayfield, sometimes Sam Darnold, and frequently Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson. Still have to wonder if ANY of those QBs prove too irresistible at pick 13, needs aside?

Hope you enjoy looking at some of these endless possibilities :)

I don't know about anything past our first round pick, but Derwin James or Da'ron Payne would be the best players available at 13 if they were to fall. I doubt Vita Vea would fall to us.

Either James or Payne are going to be a steal at that point in the draft and I would be happy with either.

I don't know about anything past our first round pick, but Derwin James or Da'ron Payne would be the best players available at 13 if they were to fall. I doubt Vita Vea would fall to us.

Either James or Payne are going to be a steal at that point in the draft and I would be happy with either.

Going to be fun to see Skins fans lose their mind when Sam Darnold drops and is our pick...lol...

I think Vea slips further than most people think. It's possible he could slip to round two.

I could live with that as long as we get uglies in 2 & 4

Hey @Win4us - if you just copy the page url from a You Tube video and enclose it in [video] and [/video] tags, it'll actually embed the video here. Here's the video you pointed to using just the page url:

Yeah - if you do 'copy link' it doesn't work. But if under 'Share' you go to 'More' and select 'Copy', the url works. Not a big deal either way, just a You Tube thing...

Seems it'll only work with tapatalk.

I'm using the little filmstrip icon. Wasn't there a YouTube specific option before? Not that it makes a difference

The filmstrip icon just inserts the [video] and [/video] tags... it's all about the url you paste from You Tube. Anyway, not worth worrying about :)

Might be sacrilege to some, but Derwin James favors Sean Taylor in the way he plays/carries himself on the field.

Not the same as Sean, not a carbon copy....just favors him some.

As the kids say, Don't @ me.......

Might be sacrilege to some, but Derwin James favors Sean Taylor in the way he plays/carries himself on the field.

Not the same as Sean, not a carbon copy....just favors him some.

As the kids say, Don't @ me.......

In cover skills, yeah...James covers a lot of ground, but he doesn't hit like ST.

If it came down to the 2 I mentioned, I would take Payne over James, but would not be upset at all to draft James at 13. And I would favor either of them over a trade down scenario.

Going to be fun to see Skins fans lose their mind when Sam Darnold drops and is our pick...lol...

Haha! I mentioned when the trade for Smith was announced...dont be surprised by a QB pick in round 1, and tag Cousins.

Last edited:
I think Vea slips further than most people think. It's possible he could slip to round two.

If that is the news on him, then why would we choose him. I did not see him play many games, but I did see Payne...that cat plays hard late in games, too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.