• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Free Agency, Mock Drafts, Camps, Roster Predictions, 2018

Muhammed Wilkerson anyone? :)

He was cut by the Jets today, is 28 years old and would team nicely with Jonathan Allen inside on the Redskins DL.

Would also free up our draft board from having to bring in DL depth right away and perhaps delay a DT or DE until Rounds 4/5.
Showed up late for meetings, took plays off and backed away from a leadership role with the team.

Don't need that kind of attitude here.

DeAngelo Hall had a lot of the same caution flags coming in from Oakland but his presence here was 100% positiive for the team. The first few years he was a solid cover corner and then later was a good team leader, although I think we kept him a year too long and should have offered him an entry level coaching job in 2017.

In an ideal world, I would take Payne or Vea in Round 1 of the draft and not look back. But with significant needs at other positions, especially on offense and perhaps now at cornerback I don't know how this is going to play out, the balance between using the draft and free agency.

We have to use both avenues to fill RB, WR, OL, DL, ILB and DB.

Wilkerson does have the physical ability to be a difference maker and we know the Jets have a roster full of unhappy players that have left in free agency or are planning to leave this year. Heck, they lost their entire defensive line the past 2 years when guys had a chance to get out of Dodge.

So, in that respect on a 2 year deal with a team option for a third season we could limit the risk and perhaps come up with a DeSean Jackson type producer. Wilkerson would only be 31 when the deal is over and if playing well at the time should be able to garner another good contract for himself.

Getting to him early as we did with Jackson may pay dividends. We were on the phone immediately with Jackson's agent and were able to wrap up a deal before a lot of other teams had the chance to talk with him.

Personally, BT, I don't think WR, or CB, are positions that are the 911 some believe, are.

Would it be great to upgrade both of them? Absolutely.

Howeva....If we can improve the RB position, and upgrade at LG, then maybe our "Running is For Suckers" head coach would learn how to effectively scheme, and utilize the run game. In that scenario, our WR group could "get the job done". Adding a vet FA to that group, one whose mentoring skills could even outweigh his receiving skills, and we're capable of winning more games. Especially with a better seasoned QB at the helm.

At CB, I know I'm in the minority who hopes we re-sign Breeland. At a reasonable price, of course. but even if not, barring injury (yeah, I know) I'm comfortable with our top 4 guys. If Nicholson isn't gonna be the answer at S, I see that position as more important than CB.

As Boone has often stated lately, you can't fix every need all at the same time. Unless you come upon a streak of other-worldy luck.

If we re-sign Zach Brown, that will take a lot of urgency off the ILB position as well.

So then, for my money, I'm going hard at DL, OL, and RB, in the draft. And hope things shake out for us in those 3 positions.
After those 3, I put ILB next.

Any receiver, or second RB would be a guy with excellent return ability, first.

Now this is my mock draft, cuts, trades, and fun using http://fanspeak.com

CUTS

Ziggy Hood DL
Robert Kelley RB
Terrell McClain DE
Stacey McGee DL

TRADES BAIT

Jordan Reed 3rd round
Su'a Cravens 5th round

FREE AGENCY SIGNINGS

Ryan Grant WR
Zach Brown LB
Dustin Hopkins K
Tre Boston S
Justin Pugh G from NYG

TRADE PARTNER: SEATTLE SEAHAWKS
REDSKINS SEND: ROUND: 1 PICK: 13
REDSKINS RECEIVE:
ROUND: 1 PICK: 18
ROUND: 4 PICK: 20
ROUND: 5 PICK: 4
ROUND: 5 PICK: 9

TRADE PARTNER: CINCINNATI BENGALS SEND: ROUND: 1 PICK: 18
REDSKINS RECEIVE:
ROUND: 2 PICK: 14
ROUND: 3 PICK: 13
ROUND: 3 PICK: 36
ROUND: 4 PICK: 12

2018 REDSKINS MOCK DRAFT... this is a very doubtful to happen, but GOD, we'd be
stacked

R2P12 DL DASHAWN HAND ALABAMA
R2P14 CB M.J. STEWART NORTH CAROLINA
R3P13 RB NICK CHUBB GEORGIA
R3P36 LB LORENZO CARTER GEORGIA
R4P12 S SIRAN NEAL JACKSONVILLE ST
R4P13 WR AUDEN TATE FLORIDA STATE
R4P20 OT BRANDON PARKER NORTH CAROLINA A&T
R5P4 WR KEKE COUTEE TEXAS
R5P9 CB TONY BROWN ALABAMA
R5P12 LB ANDRE SMITH NORTH CAROLINA
R6P14 C BRADLEY BOZEMAN ALABAMA
R7P13 QB J.T. BARRETT OHIO STATE
R7P23 S TRE FLOWERS OKLAHOMA STATE

I'm loving how so many of you are doing mock drafts. Keep 'em coming!

Speaking of mocks. We hit an unfortunate snag for our Monday guest mock, but we hope to have another guest mock the following Monday. A new BBQ mock is coming tomorrow.

Posse Lover, those moves would be great if there were no salary cap.

If we cut McGhee and McClain we would suffer significant dead money hits this year on the cap.

Trading Jordan Reed likewise would cause cap issues and the potential return for a player who has spent much of the past couple of years injured is questionable.

I agree that the players you indicated are ones where with the exception of Hood we really aren't getting value for money.

Hood's $1M veteran minimum salary is OK for me IF the team puts him back out at DE in the 3-4 and limits him to a rotation role for 15-20 snaps a game.

What we have done is take a 30 year old DE and put him at DT for the better part of 2 years and expected great results.

Hood has played there and been a 100% effort guy but is miscast inside and it seems as if only the fans and opposing offensive coordinators have gotten that clue.

I think WR is the biggest need area of the team in free agency. You can't count on college wide receivers as rookies in the NFL very often. Running backs are a different story. There is no reason we can't find a capable back in Round 2 or 4 of the draft or via trade.

I would look to go DL early as quality players seem available into the middle rounds and with the number of teams targeting quarterbacks high we might be able to land a Jonathan Allen type top 5-7 pick at #13 .

My latest stab at the draft. Traded down once to pick up a 3rd round pick.

Round 1 Pick 13: Payne, DaRon, DT, Alabama (A+)
Round 2 Pick 16 (LAC): Michel, Sony, RB, Georgia (A)
Round 3 Pick 20 (LAC): Ragnow, Frank, C/OG, Arkansas (A)
Round 4 Pick 13: Cain, Deon, WR, Clemson (A+)
Round 5 Pick 12: Schultz, Dalton, TE, Stanford (A+)
Round 6 Pick 14: Scales, Tegray, ILB, Indiana (A+)
Round 7 Pick 13: Coutee, Keke, WR, Texas Tech (A+)
Round 7 Pick 23: Allen, Kyle, QB, Houston (A)

Schultz,Scales and Coutee are players that I hope our Front Office is interested in. I love the scouting reports on all three of those guys,projected to go later in the draft.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2018/profiles/dalton-schultz?id=2560111

Very tenacious and tough as a blocker. Well-schooled in blocking fundamentals. Leaned on as vital part of the run blocking unit. Initial hand placement is good. Ability to sustain and finish. Improves positioning after contact and can generate some movement at point of attack without a double team. Gave it to USC's Rasheem Green on more than a couple of snaps when matched head to head. Sinks hips into breaks. Opens sharply on underneath routes to look for the throw. Has good feel for attacking the voids against zone coverage. Will shut routes down early to keep throwing window open for quarterback. Physical in creating space at top of his routes. Short area footwork is adequate. Has ability to become a reliable target over the middle and in traffic.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2018/profiles/tegray-scales?id=2560009
lite instincts keep him near the action and racking up tackles. Keys play direction instantly and gets early jumps to rendezvous point. Vocal leader. Can step downhill without getting trapped in the trash. Limits run lane depth by challenging climbing linemen early in rep. Looks for the action and doesn't wait for it. Uses shoulder turn and hand quickness to help play around and under blocks. Punches and separates from blocks and rarely gets glued for long. Possesses high-end football intelligence. Has innate feel for running back's cuts. Takes quality angles to the play and is able to adjust them around traffic. Decent cover skills in space. Gives strong redirect to routes. Finished career with eight interceptions. Plus coverage teams talent.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2018/profiles/keke-coutee?id=2560159

Tremendous deep speed who devours coverage cushion with his initial push into routes. Warrants additional attention from safeties no matter where he lines up. Explosive speed can turns slants and crossing routes into long touchdowns. Separation comes easily for him. Could thrive with NFL option routes. Carries athletic ability into body adjustments and catches. Sinks into soft spots in the zone. Shows some focus to secure the throw when working middle. Has ability to add impact as returner. Averaged 31.5 yards per kick return in limited 2017 role with one touchdown.

Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mock Drafts, Camps, Roster Predictions, 2018​

Greetings from BBQ to everyone in BGO land.

Today we bring you our latest mock of the 2018 offseason and there are some changes, including a trade. The combine continues in Indianapolis and the Redskins are evaluating more prospects. BBQ will cover the combine with periodic updates.

We hope you enjoyed the guest mock earlier in the week. It was nice of Zach Hicks to share some of his thoughts and give us more insights from another perspective. We will have another mock on Monday the 12th from a surprise guest.

Free agency is inching closer and the 2018 offseason is just around the corner. The format for the mocks this offseason will feature shorter descriptions this year for each player. Time constraints from the fall and early winter have forced us to cram a lot of research into a smaller period of time.

Feel free to offer your own ideas about the draft, free agency, team cuts, team additions, and anything else related to these subjects. Too, we'd like to see your mocks if you are so inclined.

An extra note: These mocks may not necessarily be what BBQ wants or what the members at BGO may prefer. These mocks are designed to try and get into the mind of the Redskins brain trust and see what they will do.

Without any further delays, let's take a look at the latest mocks of 2018.

Team Needs:
Running Back (?)
Wide Receiver
Tight End (?)
Left Guard
Defensive Tackle
Inside Linebacker (?)
Strike Safety (?)

Round One: Roquan Smith, ILB, Georgia
Assuming Zach Brown returns, this pairing would make for one of the best ILB combos in the league.
Other Possible Targets:
Rashaan Evans, ILB, Alabama
Billy Price, OG/C, Ohio St.
Minkah Fitzpatrick, CB/SS/FS, Alabama
Quenton Nelson, OG, Notre Dame
Calvin Ridley, WR, Alabama
Vita Vea, DT, Washington
Da'Ron Payne, DT, Alabama
Tremaine Edmunds, OLB, Virginia Tech

Round Two: Trade
The Redskins trade down to the latter part of round two and pick up a third round selection and a sixth round pick.

Round Two: Tim Settle, DT, Virginia Tech
Jim Tomsula wants a big and powerful body in the middle of his defensive line and gets his wish.
Other Possible Targets:
Will Hernandez, OG, Texas-El Paso
Ronald Jones, RB, Southern California
James Washington, WR, Oklahoma St.
Derrius Guice, RB, Louisiana St.
Sony Michel, RB, Georgia
Isaiah Wynn, OG, Georgia

Round Three: Frank Ragnow, OC/OG, Arkansas
With Spencer Long likely to leave in free agency and Shawn Lauvao not returning, the Redskins find their left guard of the future.
Other Possible Targets:
R.J. McIntosh, DE/DT, Miami
Dallas Goedert, TE, South Dakota St.
Duke Ejiofor, DE, Wake Forest
Nick Chubb, RB, Georgia
Harrison Phillips, DE/DT, Stanford
Lorenzo Carter, OLB, Georgia
Andrew Brown, DE, Virginia

Round Four: Uchenna Nwosu, OLB, Southern California
An ultra-versatile edge who knocks down passes often. Can drop back in coverage. Candidate for the hybrid role at strike safety in various packages.
Other Possible Targets:
Kalen Ballage, RB, Arizona St.
Dante Pettis, WR, Washington
Kyle Lauletta, QB, Richmond
Mike Gesicki, TE, Penn St.
Korey Robertson, WR, Southern Mississippi
Kyzir White, SS, West Virginia

Round Five: Siran Neal, SS/FS/CB/ST, Jacksonville St.
A versatile defensive back who could likely step in at the corner slot position immediately.
Other Possible Targets:
Troy Fumagalli, TE, Wisconsin
Allen Lazard, WR, Iowa St.
Micah Kiser, ILB, Virginia
Riley Ferguson, QB, Memphis
Fred Warner, OLB, Brigham Young
B.J. Hill, DT, North Carolina St.

Round Six: Chase Litton, QB, Marshall
A bigger/taller prospect that would have the luxury of learning behind a seasoned veteran. Long term starter potential.
Other Possible Targets:
Brad Bozeman, C, Alabama
Michael Gallup, WR, Colorado St.
Adonis Alexander, CB, Virginia Tech
Quin Blanding, SS, Virginia
Poona Ford, DT, Texas

Round Six: K.C. McDermott, G/OT, Miami
Having depth and a great deal of flexibility along the offensive line helps the Hurricanes prospect.

Round Seven: Jake Wieneke, WR, South Dakota St.
Coming from a lesser known program and conference, Wieneke actually has excellent skills and is an underrated prospect.
Other Possible Targets:
Brendan Mahon, G/OT, Penn St.
Mike White, QB, Western Kentucky
Brandon Facyson, CB, Virginia Tech
Cam Phillips, WR, Virginia Tech
Greg Stroman, CB, Virginia Tech
Evan Berry, KR/FS, Tennessee
Coleman Shelton, OG/C, Washington
Darren Carrington, WR, Utah

Round Seven: Folorunso Fatukasi, DT/DE, Connecticut
A late round prospect who was a defensive tackle for the Huskies, but could also see time at end on the next level.

Undrafted Free Agent Prospects:
Andrew Trumbetti, OLB, Notre Dame
Cole Reyes, SS, North Dakota
Jester Weah, WR, Pittsburgh
Jordan Thomas, CB, Oklahoma
Donovan Wilson, CB, Texas A&M
Ryan Finley, QB, North Carolina St.
Reggie Carter, ILB, Georgia
Eddy Peneiro, K, Florida
Drew Bailey, DE/DT, Louisville
Cody O'Connell, OG, Washington St.
Walter Brady, OLB, Middle Tennessee St.
Jeb Blazevich, TE, Georgia
Bruce Hector, DE/DT, South Florida

There is the latest mock of the 2018 offseason. We will have another guest mock on March 12 and return with a mock of our own late next week. The draft will be here before you know it, but we have many mocks in the weeks and months ahead. See you as we go along.

Hail To The Redskins!

My latest stab at the draft. Traded down once to pick up a 3rd round pick.

Round 1 Pick 13: Payne, DaRon, DT, Alabama (A+)
Round 2 Pick 16 (LAC): Michel, Sony, RB, Georgia (A)
Round 3 Pick 20 (LAC): Ragnow, Frank, C/OG, Arkansas (A)
Round 4 Pick 13: Cain, Deon, WR, Clemson (A+)
Round 5 Pick 12: Schultz, Dalton, TE, Stanford (A+)
Round 6 Pick 14: Scales, Tegray, ILB, Indiana (A+)
Round 7 Pick 13: Coutee, Keke, WR, Texas Tech (A+)
Round 7 Pick 23: Allen, Kyle, QB, Houston (A)

Schultz,Scales and Coutee are players that I hope our Front Office is interested in. I love the scouting reports on all three of those guys,projected to go later in the draft.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2018/profiles/dalton-schultz?id=2560111

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2018/profiles/tegray-scales?id=2560009

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2018/profiles/keke-coutee?id=2560159

Nice job brother... :cheers:

I need to study up on some of these potential later round QBs. I don't know a thing about Litton, Allen, or some of the other lesser known QBs that folks are mentioning as possibilities. I don't think we'll get Lauletta, and maybe not Falk either because their draft stock has risen on the basis of Senior day and other performances. I'm afraid those types of 'under the radar' QBs are now over-hyped and will be selected in the 2nd or 3rd rounds vs. 4th-6th rounds where they probably should be selected.

The Derwin James show is Monday at the Combine.

If anyone who's followed either player I got a question about Vel Veta and House of Payne.

Are both of these guys considered 3 down linemen or they gonna need shuffled out on 3rds?

I know we all have regional biases and in a way I like it better when the team doesn't draft the guys we all know, because we are biased. But man DJ Moore is a play maker. The guy was playing with some pretty bad QB play and still put up numbers. I don't know what his expected draft round is, but if the Redskins can get him without reaching, I'd be very happy.

I know we all have regional biases and in a way I like it better when the team doesn't draft the guys we all know, because we are biased. But man DJ Moore is a play maker. The guy was playing with some pretty bad QB play and still put up numbers. I don't know what his expected draft round is, but if the Redskins can get him without reaching, I'd be very happy.

FWIW Walter has him between 4th and 6th rounds

D.J. Moore, WR, Maryland
Height: 5-11. Weight: 215.
Projected 40 Time: 4.56.
Projected Round (2018): 4-6.
2/10/18: In 2017, Moore totaled 80 receptions for 1,033 yards and eight touchdowns. He has a thick, running back-like build. As a junior, Moore had 41 catches for 637 yards and six scores.

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/draft2018WR.php#ixzz58eUuIeEQ
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/draft2018WR.php#hserlkt40XQVmWVU.99

Surprised no one is talking about Luke Falk, Washington State QB. Good size (6' 4"), has shown himself to be very accurate 67-70% accuracy in college, throws a lot of TDs, few INTs. He throws a beautiful ball and looks a lot like Alex Smith in terms of fundamentals. Bash on him is that he lacks arm strength, but in watching quite a bit of video on him, he looks to have an above average arm, and has great touch/throws a very catchable ball. Would be an ideal West Coast offense QB. He also takes more than his share of sacks. Some have compared him to Cousins.

Oh - and he throws an amazing fade pass :)

He could be a gem/steal in round 4 or 5 if he's there.

The last QB we selected in the late rounds from Washington St. was some guy named "Rypien". Maybe lightning and luck will combine to strike again.

There are several factors that contribute to this likelihood. Firstly and most obviously, the # of QBs that will be taken in round 1. I'm going to be bold and predict there could be as many as 5 or 6 taken. That's going to result in some amazing talent dropping to the latter part of round 1. The 2nd factor that makes this more likely specifically for the Redskins, is that this draft is very deep in several areas of need, particularly DL and RB.

I am not one of those that thinks trading down is, by default, always the right answer. If it were - you'd see every team in the NFL constantly doing it. The advantage to not trading down is that you are far more likely to get that impact player you really covet, vs. 'whoever is still on the board' at whatever spot you trade back to. Trading back had more advantages prior to the rookie salary limitations. And of course, it costs (and costs A LOT) for teams to trade up with the advent of the 'draft trade chart'. So it's not always about a teams desire to trade down, but often more about finding a team that's desperate enough to move up to get a specific player to pay that cost.

It's going to be a fun draft to watch this year with all of the highly rated QBs sitting out there. Could make for one of the more volatile drafts in recent memory.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.