Results 1,281 to 1,292 of 1292

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Virginia

Default Re: Free Agency, Mock Drafts, Camps, Roster Predictions, 2018

Update coming in about thirty minutes. So much going on today with the office of BBQ.
    0 0 0 0

The simplicity in me is complicated.
    I live in my own little world, but that's ok. They know me here.
    Redskins Fan - Emeritus

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Virginia

Burner’s Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mock Drafts, Camps, Roster Predictions, 2018

Greetings from BBQ to everyone here at BGO. We hope you will have a great week. Hello to everyone on social media. We’d love to have you as a member here and become a part of the family.

The draft is history. Free Agency has all but dwindled down for now. OTAs and mini-camps are just around the corner. Training camp will be here soon. We’ll cover it all and give everyone at BGO the best coverage possible.

BBQ continues our off-season evaluations. We will examine the various positions and give an assessment. Today we feature the wide receivers and later this week it will be the tight ends. We’ll post an evaluation of each group for the next few weeks.

Let’s get right to it!

Wide Receivers:
    Paul Richardson
    The Redskins took one large splash in free agency and acquired Richardson. He has speed and is a solid receiver. He will be the deep threat that the team lacked last year.

Quarterback Alex Smith has his deep threat in Richardson, but the free agent signee is also a dependable intermediate route runner. Richardson will be a reliable starter. BBQ believes he could have sixty receptions or more.

Josh Doctson
    Doctson begins what is essentially his second season after posting respectable numbers in 2017. He lost the vast majority of his rookie season to injury in 2016. Smith and Doctson could establish a good rapport on the field.

Look for his numbers to increase this season and to have a greater overall impact. BBQ thinks he will have fifty-five receptions or more and at least eight touchdowns.

Jamison Crowder
    Crowder actually had a decent season catching the ball, but the troubles he had as a punt returner were unfortunate. Look for him to have a good 2018 as a receiver and his role as a returner should diminish. Could be a good go to receiver in the slot for Smith.

Crowder probably has the best chance of improving on his numbers from a year ago than any other receiver. BBQ thinks he will have more than seventy-five receptions.

Brian Quick
    Quick started to play well late in the season. Look for him to have twenty or more catches in 2018.

Maurice Harris
    Harris finally does enough to make the opening day roster. BBQ thinks he will have fifteen or more receptions this season.

Trey Quinn
    Quinn will need to make the roster on special teams and as a receiver, but it would be difficult to keep him off of the final fifty-three.

Other Receivers
    Simmie Cobbs and Robert Davis will be candidates for the practice squad. Darvin Kidsy, Shay Fields, De’Mornay Pierson-El, and Cam Sims are longshots to make the roster and practice squad.

There is our latest look at roster positions this off-season. Later this week we will look at the tight ends.

Have a good week.

Hail To The Redskins!
    0 0 0 0

Redskins Fan - Emeritus

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

We picked the bargain basement option in Scandrick to provide the veteran insurance.

If everyone stays healthy we may be OK for 2018, but if we were to lose Norman and/or Dunbar this unit could be toast because again my feeling is that Scandrick doesn’t have much left in the tank.
    0 1 0 0

2016 BGO Survivor Champ

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Florida State

Mykal Kendricks?
    0 1 0 0

The more things change...the more they stay the same. It's like deja vu all over again.

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Virginia

We won't chase after Kendricks. Thinking he will go to the Colts.

There is still a chance we bring back Junior Galette at a vet minimum.
    0 0 0 0

Redskins Fan - Emeritus

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Virginia

Watch this video from Brian Mitchell.

0 1 0 0

Redskins Fan - Emeritus

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Virginia

0 0 0 0

Redskins Fan - Emeritus

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Virginia

Burner’s Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mock Drafts, Camps, Roster Predictions, 2018

Greetings from BBQ to everyone here at BGO. We hope it has been a great week and hope you will have a pleasant holiday weekend. Please set aside some time to remember the fallen of our military in the United States on Monday. Memorial Day is a time to remember the sacrifices that many have made for our freedoms.

Hello to everyone on social media. We’d love to have you as a member here and become a part of the family.

The draft is history. Free Agency has all but dwindled down for now. OTAs and mini-camps are ongoing. Training camp will be here soon. We’ll cover it all and give everyone at BGO the best coverage possible.

BBQ continues our off-season evaluations. We will examine the various positions and give an assessment. Today we feature the tight ends and next week it will be the guards and tackles. We’ll post an evaluation of each group for the next few weeks.

Let’s get right to it!

Tight Ends:
    Jordan Reed
    Questions galore. Can he stay healthy? Will he put up big numbers, if healthy? What kind of rapport can he establish with Alex Smith? Is this his last year in a Redskins uniform? Reed is the undisputed starter for now.

There is no way to know the answer to these questions at this juncture. The hope is that Reed can regain his form and stay injury free. If he remains healthy, look for Reed to have fifty catches or more and at least five touchdowns.

Vernon Davis
    Davis has become Mr. Reliable over the last couple of seasons and now he looks to re-establish a rapport with Alex Smith. Davis produced great numbers with Smith in San Francisco and would like to do the same once again.

Davis will be the backup to Reed, but he will still see a fair amount of time. His knack for picking up huge chunks of yardage should continue. Davis could catch forty or more passes in 2018 and have four or more touchdowns.

Jeremy Sprinkle
    Sprinkle will be on the roster of fifty-three. He will continue to learn and gain experience as a blocker, but could see some meaningful receptions as well. 2018 could be a stepping stone to greater success in the future.

BBQ expects Sprinkle to have fifteen or more receptions and two or three touchdowns this season.

Other Tight Ends
    Manasseh Garner and Matt Flanagan will not make the final roster cuts, but one of them could end up on the practice squad. If the Redskins are looking for a receiving tight end, it will be Garner. If the team is looking for a blocking tight end, it could be Flanagan.

There is our latest look at roster positions this off-season. Next week we will look at the offensive line.

Have a good weekend.

Hail To The Redskins!
    Last edited by Burgundy Burner; 05-25-18 at 07:18 PM.
    0 0 0 0

Redskins Fan - Emeritus

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Burgundy Burner View Post
    Have a good weekend.
    You've earned the long weekend, Buddy !
    Good work !
    0 1 0 0