• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Free Agency, Mock Drafts, Camps, Roster Predictions, 2018

Thanks for all of the kind words.

Re: Bruce Allen

There is a school of thought among some Redskins pundits that his role will change, but he will not be fired. Will it be a move away from the football operations and a continued role in a new stadium negotiations? More of a role on the business side? More of a personal advisor to Dan?

There have been some rumblings that Fred Smith wanted to see Bruce in a different role. Mr. Smith could be involved a little more than we may know.

Let Breeland walk. He'll get $5 to $6M @ year from somebody out there. 2017 - the top 35 salaried CBs made $5M or more. Typically you give 2 or 3 years to CBs & WRs to see what they develop into. Bree is pretty much what he's gonna be, which is pretty much what he's been the last 3 seasons. Other than scoring a pick 6 this year, he hasn't bested any stat so far that's been previously hit prior to 2017. Can't say it's like he's played at an All-Pro level to account for that.

If your QB comes up in the draft I'd say go ahead and take him but not a real panic to get one. If Kirk comes to terms on a LTD there's gonna be a pile of fully guaranteed money that he makes regardless of whether he play's or not especially in the 1st couple of years. Might even works in favor to get more guaranteed cash. Don't see a real serious threat for a draft pick to unseat him anyway. How long did Arron Rodgers sit waiting for his time to come? On the other hand, Washington likes to dump coaches & QBs every few years...

This is always my favorite thread. Looking forward to the initial mock. My general disinterest in the NFL this year has caused me to watch a LOT more college football than in recent years so I'm more familiar with many of this year's prospects.

I pretty much suck at mocks myself but I'm interested to see if BB and I have any observations in common with some of these guys. It's always educational if nothing else.

They HAVE to get an offensive playcaller for game days. Jay has gotten too predictable on game days and has little to no secondary plan of attack when the first options fail.

One season is more than enough to see he's out of touch there.

Early mock as of NOW

1. Vita Vea*, NT, Washington
6'-5” 332lbs
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P2MBuoepc1I

2. Luke Falk, QB, Washington State
Height: 6-4. Weight: 205.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fAWSHbvbVrs

3.Frank Ragnow, G/C, Arkansas
Height: 6-5. Weight: 317.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c9uMW2mLf4U

4.Dalton Schultz*, TE, Stanford
Height: 6-6. Weight: 240.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SfX6cIgMnEc

5.Marquis Haynes, 3-4OLB, Ole Miss
Height: 6-3. Weight: 222.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FO52cwTX2H8

6.Orion Stewart, S, Baylor
Height: 6-2. Weight: 205.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rnOaZ7X4teQ

7.Chad Whitener, ILB, Oklahoma State
Height: 6-0. Weight: 248.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uAbOZegsY-g

Any thoughts or feedback on these players?

Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mock Drafts, Camps, Roster Predictions, 2018​

Greetings from BBQ. A new year has arrived with bitterly cold temperatures in many locations. Free agency, the draft, and training camp will be here before you know it. This is our first free agency update for the 2018 offseason. It's very early in this process and we really don't know how all of it will unfold. As we get closer to free agency, things will be somewhat clearer. Will Kirk Cousins sign a new long term deal? Will he be tagged with the franchise or transition tender? Is the team going to let him walk? Those are the biggest questions to be answered in the coming weeks.

Who will we target in free agency? Who will we re-sign? Who will we not re-sign? Who will get released? Feel free to offer your opinions and predictions.

We take the latest chatter from Redskins Park and media pundits as BBQ tries to formulate what could happen in the coming days, weeks and months.

Free Agents Obtained:

Free Agents Re-signed:
Quinton Dunbar, CB/ST – (Signed Three Year Deal, 1/1/18)

Restricted Free Agents:
Quinton Dunbar, CB/ST – (Signed Three Year Deal, 1/1/18)
Kapri Bibbs, RB – (Likely Tendered)
Ty Nsehke, OT – (Very Likely Tendered)
Deshazor Everett, SS/ST – (Very Likely Tendered)

Exclusive Rights Free Agents:
Dare Ogunbowale, RB – (Unknown)
Tyler Catalina, OG – (Very Likely Tendered)

Contract Extension:

Pending Free Agents:
Kirk Cousins, QB – (Biggest Question Mark Of All)
Terrelle Pryor, WR – (Unknown)
Shawn Lauvao, OG – (Very Likely Walks)
Niles Paul, TE/ST – (Unknown)
Spencer Long, OG/C – (Unknown)
Ryan Grant, WR – (Probably Re-signs)
Mason Foster, ILB – (Possibly Re-signs)
DeAngelo Hall, FS – (Very Likely Retires)
Arthur Jones, DT – (Probably Walks)
Zach Brown, ILB – (Possibly Re-signs)
Bashaud Breeland, CB – (Very Likely Walks)
Will Compton, ILB – (Unknown)
Trent Murphy, OLB – (Unknown)
Junior Galette, OLB – (Very Likely Walks)
Chris Carter, LB/ST – (Unknown)
Tony Bergstrom, C – (Very Likely Walks)
Brian Quick, WR – (Unknown)
Zach Vigil, ILB – (Possibly Re-signs)
Phil Taylor, DT – (Unknown)
Dustin Hopkins, K – (Very Likely Re-signs)

Possible Release Candidates:
Keith Marshall, RB – (Cap Savings, $33K – Dead Cap, $538.6K)
Byron Marshall, RB – (Cap Savings, $630K – Dead Cap, $0)
Jordan Reed, TE – (Cap Savings, $5.2M – Dead Cap, $5.4M)
T.J. Clemmings, OT – (Cap Savings, $705K – Dead Cap, $0)
Arie Kouandjio, OG – (Cap Savings, $705K – Dead Cap, $0)
Demetrius Rhaney, C – (Cap Savings, $705K – Dead Cap, $0)
A.J. Francis, DE – (Cap Savings, $705K – Dead Cap, $0)
Su'a Cravens, SS – (Cap Savings, $1.36M – Dead Cap, $1.7M)

Offseason Updates:
As you know we ended the process of listing free agents from other teams, but this offseason is full of unpredictability. We will list some players of interest this year, but it won't be a comprehensive list and there is no way we can sign all of them.

Case Keenum, QB
Carlos Hyde, RB
Paul Richardson, WR
Donte Moncrief, WR
Justin Pugh, OT/OG
Greg Robinson, OT/OG
Demario Davis, ILB
Sheldon Richardson, DE
Brent Urban, DE

This list will grow, shrink, and change quite a bit. Feel free to produce a list of your own – we look forward to it.

Personal Thoughts:
The offseason blog for BBQ is now known as “Free Agency, Mock Drafts, Camps, Roster Predictions”. We feel it is a better representation of what is provided in the offseason blog. If you have a better name, then please let our executive secretary or lawyers know.

BBQ is leaning toward the idea that Kirk Cousins has played his last game in a Redskins uniform. We also believe that we will target several free agent quarterbacks with the ultimate goal of signing Case Keenum.

See you as we go along.

Hail To The Redskins!

I thought it was interesting that teams like the Redskins are allowed to sign additional players immediately starting Jan 1st, while the playoff teams have to wait until their season is over.
It's like the non-playoff teams get a head-start. I guess that's a way of rewarding the poorer teams ?

Rosen and Darnold declare they'll go pro...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Although probably highly unlikely, I wonder what's the chances of us trading up for a QB.
If it happens, I imagine it will be a last minute decision on draft-day.

9633AE89-8788-4EF7-B94C-1D69EE09479C.jpeg

For next season, at least, we are set at QB. #8 , or Colt, will be the starter. So, knowing that, there's no need to desperately seek a QB. Yes, we need to get a puppy and start training him, regardless of who the starter is. The only difference, in my mind, is if #8 leaves, we'll need a veteran backup for Colt. We'll have to wait and see who that might be.

I too am leaning towards a Kirkless year next year. While I'd be happy for him to come back, I don't think we can afford to pay him what he wants AND fill the holes on the roster. If we end up giving him $25M+ it becomes an issue to building and he isn't a QB that can carry a team consistently.

Therefore I'd be really interested to see Colt in a game and see how much of a drop off he is from Kirk, and I'm interested to see what the vikings do. Either Keenum or Bridgewater might be a punt if they become free.
going to be an interesting time on the QB Carousel this year I think.

I don't think the drop-off from Kirk to Colt, especially in this system, is anywhere near what the local showgrams would have anyone believe. I mean... we went 9-7, 8-7-1 and 7-9 with Mr 4,000 Yards, so it isn't as if we'd be losing Joe Montana here. It looks like that's a typical system number with or without Pierre "St Joseph" Garcon and DeSean "Baby Jesus" Jackson.

And yes, with a run scheme that sucks baboon nuts, you're going to be throwing. A lot.

Speaking of local shows... I know Grant & Danny have had a personal relationship with KC1 over the last few years, but good Lord... the amount of sycophantic Cousins worship from those two is Branch Davidian levels of fanaticism. Anyone calling with even an inkling of pragmatism regarding the possibility that Cousins isn't as good as they want people to believe and you're berated like you just ran over someone's dog, then killed went after his puppies. I turned on the show for the one-mile drive to get some lunch and that short distance alone had me bewildered.

If Colt McCoy is the starter next year, you're staring at 4-5 wins tops next season.

If Colt McCoy is the starter next year, you're staring at 4-5 wins tops next season.
You may be right DP. Only time will tell.

But I think Gruden's system is so QB friendly that it can still work with just about any QB not named Griffin or Shuler. Maybe without having #8 around, it will force Gruden to work on developing an NFL ready running game. Which, to this point, he has failed miserably at. Even with the lack of a true #1RB , after 4 years the running game should at least be a little more reliable than it has been. He's a former QB so he's never going to think running the ball is more than an occasional nuisance he has to tolerate. But, he has to know his ass is on the line in 2018. I don't care if he has to field a team of castoffs from the Lingerie League. He ran out of excuses with me this past season. I think it's safe to say 2018 is a make the playoffs or you're fired. Period.

If #8 bolts, we'll have plenty of money to sign all of our other FA's we want to keep. And another group of guys to give an immediate upgrade to the team, while the next class of rookies are learning the ropes.

I know you don't have any faith that the FO can button their own shirts. And, you may be right about that as well. Then again, maybe the low expectations will give way to pleasant surprises that none of us see coming. We all have our own degrees of faith/hope in certain people in the organization. From the owner down to the lowest player on the practice squad. I also know we all want the same result. A consistent winner.

If we can stay healthy on the OL, and somehow finally establish a strong running game, which is another big IF, and also makes strides on defense, which is a lot more likely, then it can take the pressure off of Colt and he could do much better.

Last edited:
Not to mention, when the offense is tweaked for Colt like it was for #8 , he could easily get the job done.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.