• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Free Agency, Mock Drafts, Camps, Roster Predictions, 2018

And the salary cap will go up even higher. You have to pay certain players, Scherff is one of them. They will extend him.

It will but if we have to cut decent players to get under the cap it defeats the purpose.

It will but if we have to cut decent players to get under the cap it defeats the purpose.

You have to sign talent and make it happen with draft picks, there is a fine line...but you have to spend on a top tier FA or two more than once every 3rd year or your team will never compete.

Listed at 6'2” & 320lbs. Kinda light for a NT isn't he?

Compared to most of the other players Washington has played at NT over the last couple of years, no he is not. Also, Indy kinda moved him around the line - so not always a NT. Plus, he's only 25; he could probably bulk up another 15 lb's or so pretty easily.

Only 2 DL guys heavier on the Redskins - McGee; 341 @ 6'3 & A.J. Francis 337 @ 6'5.

Compared to most of the other players Washington has played at NT over the last couple of years, no he is not. Also, Indy kinda moved him around the line - so not always a NT. Plus, he's only 25; he could probably bulk up another 15 lb's or so pretty easily.

Only 2 DL guys heavier on the Redskins - McGee; 341 @ 6'3 & A.J. Francis 337 @ 6'5.

I hear ya, just seems we're over stacked as far as 3-4 ends go but practically nothing as far as a run stuffing NT. Don't get me wrong we do need competition and can ALWAYS use nickel & dime rush lineman. I just want that damn spot (NT) settled once and for all.

Vel Vita fits that bill for a big bodied lane clogger & pocket collapser imho.

Hankins at 6'2 and 325 is a good fit at NT for the Redskins. Like Richardson, he is a 25 year old who has a bigger ceiling than the players we currently have at the position.

I keep hearing that the Redskins are reluctant to spend money on a DL that is not a strong pass rusher, but the fact remains we can't continue to finish #30 against the rush in a division with Elliott in Dallas and Ajayi in Philly and hope to be competitive.

I like the move New England made to acquire Danny Shelton via trade from the Browns. They basically got him for a swap down of medium round choices. He was also only 25.

Last edited:

I'd rather have Mcfee rotating in tha Gallette.

McPhee would be more of a replacement for Trent Murphy. A better replacement.

Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mock Drafts, Camps, Roster Predictions, 2018​

Greetings from BBQ to everyone in BGO land.

Today we bring you another guest mock from Redskins fan and Riggo's Rag football analyst, Ian Cummings. Last week Fanspeak owner and analyst Steve Shoup gave us some great insights into his guest mock. Today, Ian has graciously given some of his time to present us with a superb mock for this week. He is also a fan of the Detroit Lions. Yes, he is from Michigan and still lives there. In fact, Ian lives in close proximity to Michigan State University and cheered on Kirk Cousins. By now, you can see the connections. Ian remains a Redskins fan and possesses great information and knowledge on our favorite team.

BBQ hopes you are enjoying these guest mocks. Next week we will feature another surprise guest.

You can find Riggo's Rag at https://riggosrag.com and on twitter at @RiggosRag. You can find Ian on twitter at @Ian_Cummings_9 and we highly recommend him as a follow. Be sure to visit Riggo's Rag often and catch up on Redskins news. Too, be sure to give them a follow on twitter.

I hope you appreciate the time and effort Ian put into this entry on our behalf. His mock is presented here in our format with no editing from me. I know you will like his recommended players. I certainly do.

FYI – we hope to have one or two more guests over the next couple of weeks or so with their mocks. We will have a free agency update tomorrow (likely several more this week) and a prospect update on Thursday. Another BBQ mock arrives on Friday.

Let's get right to Ian's mock.

2018 Redskins Draft:

Round One: Derrius Guice, RB, LSU:
Some would say that the Washington Redskins need a competent left guard to help spark the running game. But this assertion, reciprocated, is also true. The Redskins need a running back who can create for himself when holes close and options are limited. LSU's Derrius Guice is the perfect player to resurrect the Redskins' running game at No. 13.

Guice, standing at 5-foot-11, 218, is a physical back who has good short-distance quickness and burst at the line. He carries devastating momentum into the line. It's not uncommon to see Guice carrying three defenders on his back as he runs down the field. Guice has an uncommon talent as a running back: The ability to create yards out of seemingly nothing. He doesn't have top end speed, but he's far from a mere power back. Guice has an effective allotment of tools, and he would be the perfect complement for Chris Thompson.

Round Two: Tavern Bryan, DT, Florida:
An athletic specimen, Taven Bryan is a relatively raw defensive lineman. He has the speed to tear through double teams and wreak havoc on opposing offenses, but he still has a way to go before he's a polished product.

At 6-foot-4, 291, Bryan has great size to fit the role of an interior lineman in the Washington Redskins defensive scheme. With the presence of Jonathan Allen and Matt Ioannidis up the middle, Bryan won't be pressed to have a starting role right away. He can contribute as a rotational lineman, and in time, he can grow to become a much bigger part of the defense.

Round Four: Wyatt Teller, OG, Virginia Tech:
Wyatt Teller had a down year in his final season at Virginia Tech, but on more than one occasion, he's shown that he has what it takes to succeed in the NFL.

At 6-foot-4, 301, Teller has great size for the offensive interior. He has a unique combination of brute strength and nimble agility, but he didn't apply his positive traits on a consistent basis in 2017. Still, Teller, not unlike Montae Nicholson in 2017, is a traits prospect. He has the traits to be a starter. It will take some time for him to develop, but he can provide depth right away, and with Bill Callahan giving him guidance, he could blossom sooner than expected.

Round Five: Siran Neal, SS/FS/CB/ST, Jacksonville St.
The Washington Redskins need depth at both safety and cornerback, which is why taking a player who can do both makes a lot of sense.

Siran Neal isn't a name that garners much recognition, but the Jacksonville State product is on the uptrend. At 6-foot-1, 202, he offers good size as a defensive back, and he has the toughness and closing speed to be a game changer with a bit of development. He'll have a learning curve at the next level, but for the Redskins, he can provide depth right away, and be a bigger contributor further down the road.

Round Six: Jaleel Scott, WR, New Mexico St.:
There's a chance that small-school prospect Jaleel Scott lasts this far, and if he does, the Washington Redskins should not hesitate to pull the trigger. Scott stands at 6-foot-5, 215, but this doesn't hinder his mobility as a wide receiver. He ran a 4.56 40-yard dash and he has decent athleticism, more than enough to combine with his size and length and be a major threat downfield.

With Scott, the Washington Redskins will have more depth behind Josh Doctson at the X-position, and in time, if Doctson doesn't pan out, or goes somewhere else like many Redskins did in free agency this year, Scott could end up taking his place.

Round Seven: Justin Lawler, OLB, Southern Methodist:
Even if the Washington Redskins decide to retain Junior Galette, they'll need a little more depth on the edge on defense. If they don't go that route early, due to other needs, then they could take 6-foot-4, 263 edge rusher Justin Lawler here.

Lawler plays with attitude, and his production reflects that. He posted 9.5 sacks, 15.5 tackles for loss, and two forced fumbles in his senior season. As a three-year starter at SMU, Lawler has plenty of experience. He's not the most athletically gifted, but he plays with relentless tenacity and that alone should be enough to give him a look in Round 7.

Round Seven: Ethan Wolf, TE, Tennessee:
Call this pick ‘Jordan Reed' insurance. With Niles Paul gone, the Washington Redskins only have Jordan Reed, Vernon Davis, and Jeremy Sprinkle left on the roster. Because of Reed's injury concerns, and Vernon Davis' inevitable pending decline (although right now, it seems like he could play forever), the Redskins need to acquire a new young tight end sometime this offseason.

Ethan Wolf is a player who could provide good value here. He's not a blocking tight end, but at 6-foot-6, 258, he has great size and decent athleticism. He was a consistent producer at Tennessee, receiving over 20 catches and 200 yards in each of his four years as a starter. He never quite blossomed, but he showed that he has the capability to thrive in an offense that uses his size. Learning from Vernon Davis could be good for Wolf, and in time, he could learn to harness an NFL mentality and grow into a more well-rounded tight end.

Thanks to Ian for providing us with a great mock to start the week. Once again, BBQ highly recommends Riggo's Rag. We will have a guest mock again next week from another expert. BBQ hopes you like these perspectives from Redskins draft and free agent gurus.

Tomorrow we will have a free agency update as well as throughout the week. Thursday will bring a prospects list update. We return Friday with a new mock.

Hail To The Redskins!

Last edited:
I do not like this 1st round draft pick. As was proven, our offense can score points, and move the chains with a 65/35 passing/rushing attack. Yes, we need a RB and have tried to replicate the later round success at the position we with Almo. Yes we need to improve the running game, I am becoming more and more convinced that a seasoned Alex Smith is going to be even better in this offense than Kirk.

What we need is 1st round talent at DL or a special player like Derwin James. We cannot pass up on the talent that will fall to us in the first round at 13 because of alll the QB's that will be available. At 13 we should be able to have our choice of Vea, Payne, or James, of course either of the DL before S...they are all 3 more important talent that we need more than RB.

Thanks for the great mock Ian :cheers: I'm still a little skeptical that we'll go RB with the first pick (unless something crazy occurred like Barkley dropping to them), but they do reportedly love Guice. It's tough to know what the priorities will be until we see if they somehow manage to sign Hankins in FA... Welcome to BGO and thanks again Ian!

The Scandrick signing saves money vs DRC. Hankins come on down?

Last edited:
Scandrick was a nice to have in terms of position, although I would have preferred DRC.

Hankins though to me is a MUST HAVE for the DL as the team lost out on Wilkerson and Richardson and Hankins is a no-trouble type of hard worker who would seem to fit in with the versatility of playing DE or DT.

Let's get it done!!!!!

That's what the Cousins cap space was supposed to be there for.

For BT. he worries about this kinda stuff.

John Keim
ESPN Staff Writer
Defensive lineman Terrell McClain's base salary of $3.25 million was set to become fully guaranteed on the fifth day of the league year, but the language of his contract was changed to keep it as guaranteed for injury only. That means if the Redskins cut him, they'd only be on the hook for the prorated amount of the signing bonus -- or $3.75 million. If he's released after June 1, it would be spread over two years.

What's the buzz on why we let Hankins leave the building?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.