• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Free Agency, Mock Drafts, Camps, Roster Predictions, 2018

Nothing further on the Navorro Bowman rumor... could be there really are discussions ongoing, and could be someone just trying to get attention on Twitter ... time will tell...

I think in Bowman's case it's not the money, but weighing whether he should sign a deal with a team like Washington that would have him slated as a backup or whether he could sign on with a team where he could have a chance to start.

No free agency update today as there is little to no activity. Mocks coming tomorrow and Friday. Next week we will go to three mocks. Prospects update coming on Thursday.

I am hoping to attend the Univ. of Memphis Pro Day on Friday and have a report that evening or the next day. We have met with their QB, Riley Ferguson, at the combine. There are other prospects to observe as well.

The Memphis Pro Day has been moved to tomorrow. Currently finding out if I can attend.

Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mock Drafts, Camps, Roster Predictions, 2018​

Greetings from BBQ to everyone in BGO land.

Today we bring you our latest mock of the 2018 offseason and there are some changes, including a trade. The Redskins are evaluating more prospects each week and the draft is just over three weeks away. BBQ continues to cover the 2018 offseason now with multiple updates each week. Next week we will go to three mocks (Monday, Wednesday, and Friday) and the frequency will increase as late April approaches.

The format for the mocks this offseason will feature shorter descriptions this year for each player. Time constraints from the fall and early winter have forced us to cram a lot of research into a smaller period of time.

Feel free to offer your own ideas about the draft, free agency, team cuts, team additions, and anything else related to these subjects. Too, we'd like to see your mocks if you are so inclined.

An extra note: These mocks may not necessarily be what BBQ wants or what the members at BGO may prefer. These mocks are designed to try and get into the mind of the Redskins brain trust and see what they will do.

Without any further delays, let's take a look at the latest mock of 2018.

Team Needs:
Running Back
Wide Receiver
Tight End (?)
Left Guard
Defensive Tackle
Inside Linebacker (?)
Strike or Free Safety (?)

Round One: Trade
The Redskins trade down several positions in round one and gain third and sixth round selections in the process.

Round One: Derrius Guice, RB, Louisiana St.
Taking a running back in round one hasn't been the norm for the Redskins in a long time. Then again, the rushing attack has been anemic for too many years.
Other Possible Targets:
Leighton Vander Esch, OLB, Boise St.
Josh Jackson, CB, Iowa
Roquan Smith, ILB, Georgia
Derwin James, FS, Florida St.
Vita Vea, DT, Washington
Harold Landry, OLB, Boston College
Da'Ron Payne, DT, Alabama
Derrius Guice, RB, Louisiana St.

Round Two: Will Hernandez, OG, Texas-El Paso
The powerful left guard fills a major need as Hernandez could be a mainstay for a dozen years or more.
Other Possible Targets:
Jaire Alexander, CB, Louisville
Rashaan Evans, ILB, Alabama
Ronald Jones, RB, Southern California
Harrison Phillips, DE/DT, Stanford
Darius Leonard, ILB, South Carolina St.
Tim Settle, DT, Virginia Tech
James Washington, WR, Oklahoma St.
Sony Michel, RB, Georgia
Isaiah Wynn, OG, Georgia

Round Three: Dallas Goedert, TE, South Dakota St.
Guess who will not be ready for OTAs? Or mini-camp? Or training camp? Possibly the 2018 season? Guess who may move on from that player?
Other Possible Targets:
R.J. McIntosh, DE/DT, Miami
Mike Gesicki, TE, Penn St.
Malik Jefferson, ILB, Texas
Duke Ejiofor, DE, Wake Forest
Nick Chubb, RB, Georgia
Frank Ragnow, OC/OG, Arkansas
Lorenzo Carter, OLB, Georgia
Andrew Brown, DE, Virginia

Round Four: Nathan Shepherd, DT, Fort Hays St.
Matt Ioannidis turned out to be a huge steal in the fifth round two years ago. Shepherd will turn out to be a huge steal in the fourth round this year.
Other Possible Targets:
Dante Pettis, WR, Washington
B.J. Hill, DT, North Carolina St.
Josey Jewell, ILB, Iowa
Kyle Lauletta, QB, Richmond
Uchenna Nwosu, OLB, Southern California
Korey Robertson, WR, Southern Mississippi
Dalton Schultz, TE, Stanford
Kyzir White, SS, West Virginia

Round Five: Micah Kiser, ILB, Virginia
The Redskins venture down the road and find a good inside linebacker who can also play special teams.
Other Possible Targets:
Troy Fumagalli, TE, Wisconsin
Siran Neal, SS/FS/CB, Jacksonville St.
Sean Welsh, G/C, Iowa
Allen Lazard, WR, Iowa St.
Riley Ferguson, QB, Memphis
Fred Warner, OLB, Brigham Young
Equanimeous St. Brown, WR, Notre Dame

Round Five: Folorunso Fatukasi, DT/DE, Connecticut
A late round prospect who was a defensive tackle for the Huskies, but could also see time at end on the next level.

Round Six: K.C. McDermott, G/OT, Miami
Having depth and a great deal of flexibility along the offensive line helps the Hurricanes prospect.
Other Possible Targets:
Brad Bozeman, C, Alabama
Dorian O'Daniel, ILB, Clemson
Adonis Alexander, CB, Virginia Tech
Michael Gallup, WR, Colorado St.
Quin Blanding, SS, Virginia
Poona Ford, DT, Texas

Round Six: Chase Litton, QB, Marshall
A bigger/taller prospect that would have the luxury of learning behind a seasoned veteran. Long term starter potential.

Round Seven: Jake Wieneke, WR, South Dakota St.
Coming from a lesser known program and conference, Wieneke actually has excellent skills and is an underrated prospect.
Other Possible Targets:
Brendan Mahon, G/OT, Penn St.
Mike White, QB, Western Kentucky
Greg Stroman, CB, Virginia Tech
Teo Redding, WR, Bowling Green
Brandon Facyson, CB, Virginia Tech
Darren Carrington, WR, Utah

Round Seven: Troy Apke, FS, Penn St.
Speed, speed, and more speed. Should be an excellent special teams player. Can come in on passing downs and provide solid coverage.

Undrafted Free Agent Prospects:
Andrew Trumbetti, OLB, Notre Dame
Cole Reyes, SS, North Dakota
Jester Weah, WR, Pittsburgh
Evan Berry, KR/FS, Tennessee
Jordan Thomas, CB, Oklahoma
Coleman Shelton, OG/C, Washington
Donovan Wilson, CB, Texas A&M
Ryan Finley, QB, North Carolina St.
Reggie Carter, ILB, Georgia
Eddy Peneiro, K, Florida
Drew Bailey, DE/DT, Louisville
Cody O'Connell, OG, Washington St.
Walter Brady, OLB, Middle Tennessee St.
Jeb Blazevich, TE, Georgia
Bruce Hector, DE/DT, South Florida

There is the latest mock of the 2018 offseason. We will have another mock on Friday, three mocks next week, a prospects update on Thursday, and a free agency update on Monday. The draft will be here before you know it, but we have many mocks coming in the weeks ahead. See you as we go along.

Hail To The Redskins!

Guice to me means moving down further than a few slots. One draft bio for him showed him going in the 20-25 range.

For a move that far down I want a hell of a lot more than the chance to draft a friggin' TE in the 3rd round :)

Running back in Round 1 for a team like this would be a bad move, what with 2 openings for starting caliber performers on the DL and at least 1 on offense (LG) pending what we see from Rouiller at center. There is no guarantee he is a 10 year solution there at this point.

If we move out of position to draft Payne or James just to pick up a #3 choice, then you can add THAT into the cost for bringing Smith here from Kansas City.

Semantics, BT, semantics. "Several" is open to interpretation.

Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mock Drafts, Camps, Roster Predictions, 2018​

Greetings from BBQ. We hope your week is going well. Free agency continues to move along at a slower pace, but signings will continue and we are still here to cover it all.

OTAs, the draft, mini-camps, and training camp will be here before you know it, but we're talking free agency now and all the trades, re-signings, tags, releases, new free agents, and re-worked contracts are becoming known.

Who will we target in free agency? Who will we re-sign? Who will we not re-sign? Who will get released? Feel free to offer your opinions and predictions.

We take the latest chatter from Redskins Park and media pundits as BBQ tries to formulate what could happen in the coming days, weeks and months.

Free Agents Obtained:
Paul Richardson, WR – (Signed Five Year Deal, 3/15/18)
Sam Irwin Hill, P – (Signed Two Year Deal, 3/16/18)
Orlando Scandrick, CB (Signed Two Year Deal, 3/19/18)
Pernell McPhee, OLB (Signed One Year Deal, 3/26/18)

Free Agents Re-signed:
Quinton Dunbar, CB/ST – (Signed Three Year Deal, 1/1/18)
Mason Foster, ILB – (Signed Two Year Deal, 1/25/18)
Deshazor Everett, SS/ST – (Signed Two Year Deal, 3/6/18)
Dustin Hopkins, K – (Signed Three Year Deal, 3/12/18)
Brian Quick, WR – (Signed One Year Deal, 3/14/18)
Zach Brown, ILB – (Signed Three Year Deal, 3/15/18)
Phil Taylor, DT – (Signed One Year Deal, 4/3/18)

Trade:
Alex Smith, QB
Kendall Fuller, CB (Traded to the Chiefs)
Su'a Cravens, SS (Traded to the Broncos)

Restricted Free Agents:
Ty Nsehke, OT – Tendered (Second Round Tender, 3/12/18)

Exclusive Rights Free Agents:

Contract Extension:
Alex Smith, QB (Four Year Extension, Five Years Total)

Players Waived:
LeShun Daniels – (Cap Savings, 555K – Dead Cap, $0)

Pending Free Agents:
Shawn Lauvao, OG – (Unknown)
DeAngelo Hall, FS – (Very Likely Retires)
Arthur Jones, DT – (Probably Walks)
Bashaud Breeland, CB – (Very Likely Walks)
Will Compton, ILB – (Signed With Titans)
Junior Galette, OLB – (Very Likely Walks)
Chris Carter, LB/ST – (Unknown)
Tony Bergstrom, C – (Very Likely Walks)
Zach Vigil, ILB – (Possibly Re-signs)

Possible Release Candidates:
Keith Marshall, RB – (Cap Savings, $33K – Dead Cap, $538.6K)
Terrell McClain, DE/DT – (Cap Savings, $3.25M – Dead Cap, $3.75M {If June 1st Cut, Spread Over Two Yrs})
Byron Marshall, RB – (Cap Savings, $630K – Dead Cap, $0)
Jordan Reed, TE – (Cap Savings, $5.2M – Dead Cap, $5.4M)
T.J. Clemmings, OT – (Cap Savings, $705K – Dead Cap, $0)
Arie Kouandjio, OG – (Cap Savings, $705K – Dead Cap, $0)
Demetrius Rhaney, C – (Cap Savings, $705K – Dead Cap, $0)
A.J. Francis, DE – (Cap Savings, $705K – Dead Cap, $0)
Sam Irwin Hill, P – (Cap Savings, $480K – Dead Cap Hit, $0)

Offseason Updates:
Here are the Su'a Cravens trade details:
A. Redskins get the second of Denver's two fifth round picks (number 163 overall).
B. The Redskins swap fourth round positions with Denver (the lower of Denver's two fourth round picks – number 109 overall, up from 113).
C. The Redskins swap fifth round positions with Denver's remaining fifth rounder (pick number 142, up from 149).
D. The Redskins receive a conditional 2020 sixth round pick if Cravens plays in a playoff game in early 2019 or early 2020.

Here are the picks the Redskins now have (by round) in the 2018 draft:
1, 2, 4, 5, 5, 6, 7, 7.

As it stands now, the Redskins would have four compensatory picks in the 2019 draft – 3rd, 5th, 6th, 6th.

The Redskins now have $17.3M cap room and would have small cap ramifications if Terrell McClain is released as a June 1 candidate. The dead cap would be $3.75M, but could be spread out over two years.

While Johnathan Hankins continues to ponder his future, it is important to note who represents him. Kevin Poston of the notorious Poston brothers is his agent and is widely known for his shenanigans with clients. Keep a watch for developments.

The new cap for 2018 is $177.2M.

Bruce Allen could be on the hot seat. There is a report that says Dan Snyder is very upset with how the Kirk Cousins situation was handled. The report goes on to say that if the Redskins have a poor or subpar season, Allen will be re-assigned and Eric Schaffer will take over GM duties.

Personal Thoughts:
There was no way possible that Su'a Cravens was returning to the team. Multiple reports suggested that he was not going to report to training camp and the Redskins had no intention of having him on the opening day roster.

Even though Bashaud Breeland failed a Carolina physical, BBQ believes there is no way he returns to the Redskins.

See you as we go along.

Decided to post a FA update this evening. A few tidbits to report.

Not able to make it to the Memphis Pro Day - it was too late to get a credential. I'll try again next year and also try to attend the Ole Miss Pro Day as well.

Jordan Howard, Bears RB, is rumored to be unhappy there. May just be a rumor. But he's had 2 straight 1000+ yard seasons playing against a lot of stacked boxes because of a less than scary passing attack. He has never averaged less than 4 yds/carry and was over 5 in his rookie year. 6'1" 225 lbs. A Leveon Bell type runner.

Wonder if the Skins have made calls and what it would take to get him? If we're determined to get a top tier RB, this could be an option. His only real weakness is that he's not a great pass-catching RB, but we already have one of those.

He's just 23 btw ...

Apparently the rumor is that HC Matt Nagy doesn't feel Howard ‘fits' in his offense and there have been rumors of trade talks.

How about a ‘Jordan' for ‘Jordan' straight up trade? I'd do that in a heartbeat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apparently the rumor is that HC Matt Nagy doesn't feel Howard ‘fits' in his offense and there have been rumors of trade talks.

How about a ‘Jordan' for ‘Jordan' straight up trade? I'd do that in a heartbeat.

I wouldn't say no. LOL

As much as I love Reed when he plays.... it's the fact that he's so unavailable that does my head in. I'm sitting on the fence with him.
It's nice to have a player widely regarded as one of the best TE's in the league... But what good is he if we only get 5 or 6 games a year out of him. I'd rather have a lesser more reliable target maybe.

*shrug*

I think maybe it's make or break year for Reed.

I'd dislocate my thumb with the amount of !!! I put after the word 'yes' in my response to this offer.

I can't believe that I'm seeing this type of stuff about him and how he 'doesn't fit.' Are you kidding? If we can make a play for this guy... It would be in our best interest.

I would offer a 2019 third round pick for Jordan Howard. We will have a comp pick in the third round anyway, so it is not like we would have zero picks in the third as we do this year.

Today we take a look at the college prospects list. The Senior Bowl, East-West Shrine, And NFL Combine seem like they happened ages ago and the last of the team pro days are this week. Many prospects will meet with the Redskins this offseason and we will try to cover it all for you. BBQ is now separating this feature from the mocks this offseason. Each year the list becomes too long to be included with ongoing mocks.

We will continue to report on private visits, team (Redskins) visits, interviews, and private workouts. BBQ will cover it all and post all relevant information here. If you come across any information, please post it here.

Prospects Contacted, Interviewed, Visited:
East-West Shrine game - EW
Senior Bowl - SB
Combine – NFLC
Team Pro Day – TPD
Team Visit – TV
Private Workout – PW

Matthew Thomas, LB, Florida St. – EW
Connor Hilland, OG, William & Mary – EW
Kentavius Street, DT, N.C. State – EW
Jordan Martin, CB/FS, Syracuse – EW
Bryce Bobo, WR, Colorado – EW
Malik Reaves, CB, Villanova – EW
Folorunso Fatukasi, DE, Connecticut – EW
Ito Smith, RB, Southern Mississippi – SB
Quin Blanding, SS/FS, Virginia – SB
Rashaad Penny, RB, San Diego St. – SB
Mason Rudolph, QB, Oklahoma St. – SB
Kalen Ballage, RB, Arizona St. – SB
Cedrick Wilson, WR, Boise St. – SB
Akrum Wadley, RB, Iowa – SB, NFLC
Tyler Conklin, TE, Central Michigan – SB
Kameron Kelly, CB, San Diego St. – SB
Mike Gesicki, TE, Penn St. – SB
Tyrell Crosby, OT, Oregon – SB
Cole Madison, OG, Washington St. – SB, PV
Mike White, QB, Western Kentucky – SB
Nyheim Hines, RB, N.C. State – NFLC
D.J. Moore, WR, Maryland – NFLC
Riley Ferguson, QB, Memphis – NFLC
Ronald Jones, RB, Southern California – NFLC
Billy Price, C/OG, Ohio St. – NFLC, TV
Jamarco Jones, OT, Ohio St. – NFLC
Rick Leonard, OT, Florida St. – NFLC
Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma – NFLC
Tony Brown, CB, Alabama – TPD
Chase Litton, QB, Marshall – TPD (Informal)
Kyle Lauletta, QB, Richmond – TPD
Terrell Bonds, CB, Tennessee St. – TPD, TV
Darius Jackson, OLB/DE, Jacksonville St. – TPD
Dorian O'Daniel, ILB, Clemson – TPD
Daurice Fountain, WR, Northern Iowa – PW, TV
Devante Downs, ILB, California – TPD
Chukwuma Okorafor, OT, Western Michigan – PW
Derrius Guice, RB, Louisiana St. – TPD, TV
Vita Vea, DT, Washington – TPD, TV
Mike Love, DE, South Florida – TPD, TV
Nick Keizer, TE, Grand Valley St. – TPD
Robert Torgerson, DT, Southern Utah – TPD
Deon Yelder, TE, Western Kentucky – TPD, TV
Josh Sweat, OLB, Florida St. – TV
Da'Ron Payne, DE/DT, Alabama – TV
Leighton Vander Esch, ILB, Boise State – TV
Derrick Hayward, TE, Maryland – TV
Rashard Fant, CB, Indiana - TPD, PW

Team Pro Days Attended:
Air Force, Alabama, Alabama (2nd Pro Day), Appalachian St., Arizona, Arizona St., Arkansas, Army, Auburn, Azusa Pacific, Baylor, Boise St., Boston College, Brigham Young, California, Central Florida, Central Michigan, Calgary (Canada), Cincinnati, Clemson, Colgate (Held at Columbia University), Colorado, Colorado St., Columbia, Connecticut, Delaware, Duke, East Carolina, Eastern Illinois (Held at Northwestern) Florida, Florida Atlantic, Florida St., Fordham (Held at Columbia University), Fort Hayes St., Georgia, Georgia St., Georgia Tech, Grand Valley St., Hawaii (Held at Azusa Pacific University near Los Angeles), Houston, Howard, Illinois, Iowa, Indiana, Iowa St., Jacksonville St., James Madison, Kansas, Kansas St., Kentucky, Louisiana St., Louisville, Marshall, Maryland, Memphis, Miami (FL), Miami (OH), Michigan, Michigan St., Middle Tennessee St., Minnesota, Mississippi, Mississippi St., Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada-Las Vegas, North Carolina, North Carolina-Charlotte, North Carolina St., Navy, Northern Iowa, Northwestern, Notre Dame, Ohio, Ohio St., Oklahoma, Oklahoma St., Old Dominion, Oregon, Oregon St., Pennsylvania, Penn State, Pittsburgh, Purdue, Richmond, Sam Houston St., San Diego St., San Jose St., South Carolina, South Carolina St., South Dakota St., South Florida, Southern California, Southern Methodist, Southern Mississippi, Southern Utah, Stanford, Syracuse, Temple, Tennessee, Tennessee St., Texas, Texas A&M, Texas A&M-Commerce, Texas Christian, Texas-San Antonio, Texas Tech, Toledo, Troy, Tulane, Tulsa, UCLA, Utah, Utah St., Vanderbilt, Villanova, Virginia, Virginia Military Inst. (Held at James Madison). Virginia Tech, Virginia St., Wagner, Wake Forest, Washington, Washington St., West Virginia, Western Illinois (Held at Northwestern), Western Kentucky, William and Mary, Wisconsin, Wyoming, Yale (Held at Columbia University).

The Redskins also attended the pro day in Tampa, FL of Jordan Mailata, a 6-8, 345 pound Samoan rugby player who hopes to make it in the NFL as an offensive tackle.

These lists will continue to grow. Keep checking back regularly for updates.

Hail To The Redskins!

Last edited:
This is the kind of thankless, yoemanlike work that makes you special BB. I haven't seen any other sports outlet that has done the hard work of keeping up with this kind of detail. Nice! :cheers:

Thanks a bunch. You be so nice.

Another mock coming tomorrow.

I just love it when new coaches come to a team and decide that the productive players they do have are not 'fits' for his very unique, special, undercover, classified.....................OFFENSIVE SYSTEM...............which when we see it looks just like 15 other offenses in the NFL.

Great opportunity to take players off clubs like that. I would trade for Jordan Howard if the Bears were not asking for too much.

This is probably the kind of deal that would happen on draft day.

It seems strange, but that is the reality. Just like when Shanahan came to town with his zone blocking scheme. There are some good blockers out there, but they would do poorly in the ZBS.

The case of Jordan Howard seems strange, but he may not be a fit in a new Bears system. And yes, I still say dangle a 2019 3rd rounder for him. The worst that could happen is that they say "no".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.